Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

2 FTs. Mata to ADM is a given. Since I'm likely to play the WC during the next international break, I'm think of Bojan to Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

8-10 wrote: »
    Why this switch out of interest? Moreno is showing a lot going forward and has 2 home fixtures next, Arsenal have Spurs and Chelsea next 2 games. After that is the International break so I'm not looking beyond the next 2 fixtures yet.

Cheaper, Chambers could be starting for a while and Liverpool don't look too good defensively atm.

I can't see Liverpool keeping a CS against Everton, I'd give Arsenal a better chance against Spurs tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fizman wrote: »
    2 FTs. Mata to ADM is a given. Since I'm likely to play the WC during the next international break, I'm think of Bojan to Pelle.

What are you still doing with Bojan?!

jebforever wrote: »
    What are you still doing with Bojan?!

He has just been dead weight to be honest. I've been lucky in the the majority of the rest of my squad has been performing ok (this is my first sub-50 GW and I'm 5 wins out of 5 in the Boards H2h league), and there were always more pressing matters with more expensive transfers. Now I have 2 FTs he has to go, so its going to be Pelle or Ulloa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Lads when is Walcott back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Ward Prowse --> Di Maria
    Rooney --> Pellé

So that means I'm now playing 3-5-2 for next week at least considering my midfield now consists of: Siggy/Sterling/Fabrégas/Di Maria/Ramsey and there's no point in benching any of those for a forward line of forward line of: Costa/Pellé/(Naismith). Thinking of getting Naismith out for Ulloa but no need to take a hit for that so I'll wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I did Ade to Ulloa partly as he's rising like mad currently. Leaves me with Costa, Pelle and Ulloa for next week with the latter two auditioning for who gets to stay and who gets TO'd for Aguero.

This means that I have currently got 8.1m in the bank!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Krul --» OUT Forster --» IN

Krul has been a disaster (1 CS in 5 games) and Forster (0.5 more expensive) has great fixtures ahead (QPR H, Spurs A, Sunderland H, Stoke H, Hull A, Leicester H, A.Villa A).

Trying to keep the other FT... but with Costa, Welbeck and... Balotelli... it will be hard not to jump on Pellè/Ulloa...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is Aguero really worth the money? I have him in hoping he'll hit some big scores, scoring so far (6,6,2,6,2) has been disappointing for the money.

Are other people holding onto him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't have Aguero and don't really have the urge to get him yet. With City losing their first CL game, I see further rotation in his future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Has anyone looked at Vardy 4 assists & a goal yesterday for Leicester & only 4.9m..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

moeblogs wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at Vardy 4 assists & a goal yesterday for Leicester & only 4.9m..

While it's quite probable that he's going to get more game time following that performance, I would say it's even more probable that it was the game of a life-time and he'll not repeat it this season ..

Nichololas wrote: »
    While it's quite probable that he's going to get more game time following that performance, I would say it's even more probable that it was the game of a life-time and he'll not repeat it this season ..

That probably is true, but he genuinely looks like he has a lot to his game. Pace, delivery and a total work horse, as well as having a bit of composure in front of goal. While he will probably never get 20+ pointer again, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Is Aguero really worth the money? I have him in hoping he'll hit some big scores, scoring so far (6,6,2,6,2) has been disappointing for the money.

Are other people holding onto him?

He's had tough games, has been short of fitness (or was for the first few GWs) and if you look at the amount of minute vs amount of points, he's done better than, for example Rooney and RVP.

Of course there's great value in the likes of Ulloa, Pelle and maybe Welbeck.

The higher priced defenders don't seem like they're worth it, and you have to spend your money somewhere. So I don't have him, but am wildcarding this week and am going to get him. His fixtures get considerably better from this week on, and I don't have city coverage. I'm also lacking captaincy options, and he's a great captaincy option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Hate to ask a noob question since ive been playing for about 5 or 6 years....but, if I have 2 free transfers and I only use 1 of them, do I have 2 free the next week or only 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

IK09 wrote: »
    Hate to ask a noob question since ive been playing for about 5 or 6 years....but, if I have 2 free transfers and I only use 1 of them, do I have 2 free the next week or only 1?

2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is Chambers back on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is Chambers back on Saturday?
    He was back on Saturday gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He's had tough games, has been short of fitness (or was for the first few GWs) and if you look at the amount of minute vs amount of points, he's done better than, for example Rooney and RVP.

Of course there's great value in the likes of Ulloa, Pelle and maybe Welbeck.

The higher priced defenders don't seem like they're worth it, and you have to spend your money somewhere. So I don't have him, but am wildcarding this week and am going to get him. His fixtures get considerably better from this week on, and I don't have city coverage. I'm also lacking captaincy options, and he's a great captaincy option.

Same. ADM masterclass, Krul as my lone keeper, and no Southampton defenders have led me to wildcard since my plan was always to get Aguero in after Chelsea. Hopefully he does the business against Hull and Villa since Argentina play twice in China during the international break :rolleyes:.

Same. ADM masterclass, Krul as my lone keeper, and no Southampton defenders have led me to wildcard since my plan was always to get Aguero in after Chelsea. Hopefully he does the business against Hull and Villa since Argentina play twice in China during the international break :rolleyes:.

Yeah I also have Krul. Also didn't have ADM, or any SOU defenders.

I'll be interested to see what your team is like!

• Advertisement

Current plan is to end on this:

kCHqJMN.png

Ulloa will probably be the only 0.2 riser that I bank 0.1 off of

Currently planning the exact same front 8. Undecided on defence.

But I might go with Ulloa over Welbeck for the next 2 weeks. Leicester's fixtures look more favourable than Arsenal's next 2 do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

kCHqJMN.png

Looks strong.

Makes me think - I could get Aguero if I ditch Silva for Schneiderlin.

But I might go with Ulloa over Welbeck for the next 2 weeks. Leicester's fixtures look more favourable than Arsenal's next 2 do.

Yeah, it might be my Arsenal blinkers but I think we'll score against Spurs and who knows against Chelsea the way they've been leaking goals. After that it's very nice fixtures for us. Pelle is tempting, but the 0.5m saved on Welbeck might be useful if I decide I want Baines in GW8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Took Janmaat and Naismith out for Bertrand and Ulloa.

Ulloa was being brought in despite the 2 goals yesterday but had to take him in before a rise. Wasn't happy with the 4 point hit but getting 0 clean sheets with Lovren, Janmaat, Rose in defence. even Cahill could be chopped unless Chelsea sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

kCHqJMN.png

I have that front 8 think looks best combo.
    Also have clyne and taylor but with duff wilson and chambers and courtois in goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

skippy15 wrote: »
    I have that front 8 think looks best combo.
    Also have clyne and taylor but with duff wilson and chambers and courtois in goal.

Pretty much my exact team, I don't have chambers but other than that we are identical.

Debuchy out 3 months

Might put Chambers in my WC team now instead of Hutton

Is Baines on anyones radar. I know Everton aren't keeping clean sheets, but he's just so attacking! 'Only' 6.9m too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didnt see that game yesterday,how did Silva play lads?

Thinking about shipping him out

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Missed out on doing Dier to Clyne before the 0.1 rise. Thing is Dier has gone from 5.0 to 5.5 so I wouldn't ever get him back.

Clyde has better fixtures. Should I go with this transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Is Baines on anyones radar. I know Everton aren't keeping clean sheets, but he's just so attacking! 'Only' 6.9m too.

I brought him in last week. He has averaged 165 points over the last 4 years which, if he can match this year, is excellent value for 6.9. He has had 1 CS this year out of 5 and is still the 4th highest scoring defender. Everton have been good defensively under Martinez and when their fixtures soften (GW8 onwards) the clean sheets will come. No selection headaches either because you know you can just play him every week so he makes life easier in that respect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Didnt see that game yesterday,how did Silva play lads?

Thinking about shipping him out

Didn't really influence the game at all but City don't play another big team for about another 16 GWs so I wouldn't be transferring him out if I had him. I'm in no rush to transfer him in (he might actually drop I reckon) but if I had him I'd definitely hold for at least 1 more GW to see if he starts getting returns (which I reckon he will!).

If you already have Aguero and a FT + the cash to get in ADM that would be the only transfer I'd make. Ride the wave of ADM and you can get Silva back in if you see fit in a couple of weeks

jive wrote: »
    I brought him in last week. He has averaged 165 points over the last 4 years which, if he can match this year, is excellent value for 6.9. He has had 1 CS this year out of 5 and is still the 4th highest scoring defender. Everton have been good defensively under Martinez and when their fixtures soften (GW8 onwards) the clean sheets will come. No selection headaches either because you know you can just play him every week so he makes life easier in that respect!

I loved Baines when I had him second half of last season, but their defence is not as solid under Martinez as Moyes (see here for explanation of last season's cleanies). Also, they have Europa League this season and have been shipping a worrying number of goals thus far. Oviedo might even give Baines a (very rare) rest. That being said, if Everton keep a couple cleanies I'll be trying to squeeze him in :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I wouldn't be spending that much on Baines.

Mirallas shares a lot of the set-pieces now and they're shipping more goals as their centre backs are getting older. Howard also seems to have lost some of his superman abilities from last year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

In 5 games so far Howard has only made 6 saves while conceding 13 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Pretty much my exact team, I don't have chambers but other than that we are identical.

Sounds like a great team so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

For all of you looking to bring in Chambers just note that he's already picked up a yellow card in each of his 3 league starts. He also got a booking in Europe so he's kind of prone to bookings! Expect him to miss a game in the very near future through suspension

G1032 wrote: »
    For all of you looking to bring in Chambers just note that he's already picked up a yellow card in each of his 3 league starts. He also got a booking in Europe so he's kind of prone to bookings! Expect him to miss a game in the very near future through suspension

Don't players need 10 bookings to get a suspension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Don't players need 10 bookings to get a suspension?

5 until about January then it increases to 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Costa must have at least 3 aswell is it 5 for a 1 game ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That crossed my mind earlier alright thinking ahead to my potential wildcard in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Naismith out Ulloa in. Hopefully I catch a few price rises on Ulloa like I did with Naismith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

HighClass wrote: »
    Naismith out Ulloa in. Hopefully I catch a few price rises on Ulloa like I did with Naismith!

Ulloa went up last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I played the wildcard earlier.

At the moment I have:

De Gea / Mannone

Clyne wisdom chambers Hutton Wilson

Ramsey Di Maria Sigurdsson Sterling Fabregas

Costa Ulloa Pelle

and 0.3 left in the bank. Anyone any suggestions for changes while I still have the wildcard? I was thinking of holding De Gea for one more game and then changing but perhaps now is the time to do it.

Ya. 5 for one game ban.

ekevosu wrote: »
    I played the wildcard earlier.

At the moment I have:

De Gea / Mannone

Clyne wisdom chambers Hutton Wilson

Ramsey Di Maria Sigurdsson Sterling Fabregas

Costa Ulloa Pelle

and 0.3 left in the bank. Anyone any suggestions for changes while I still have the wildcard? I was thinking of holding De Gea for one more game and then changing but perhaps now is the time to do it.

Do you intend to stick with this team?
    You'll have to bench either Ulloa or Siggy each week which would be too much money have sitting the bench.
    I'd sell De Gea. Way too much money for the return he's giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thanks for that little nugget, dumbass here will probably conjure up some logic not to have him back in my team for Saturday now:o

At the moment it could be Eriksen, Rooney out and Herrera, Costa in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

kCHqJMN.png

That is my Front 8. Great choice :)

Back 7 is

Forster Mc Carthy
    Ivan Hutton Wilson Duff Wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Adebayour out for one of Ulloa/Pellé/Welbeck

Who do folks reckon is the best bet?

Southampton at home to a struggling QPR makes Pellé look like a smart move for next weekend at the very least.

Welbeck playing up front for Arsenal is definitely going to keep scoring you would have to assume.

Ulloa, possibly a huge kneejerk bandwagoner but he is scoring for fun at the moment, the only blank he has had was against Chelsea. His price tag also makes him an attractive target too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement