Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Costa must have at least 3 aswell is it 5 for a 1 game ban.

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/top-yellows

No way he makes it until the end of the year without hitting 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Wildcarding and looking for advice guys. Is there a better keeper combo I could look at as the home-away rotation ends in a few gameweeks for Heaton and Mannone. Also any thoughts on transfers being made?
    Heaton <De Gea
    Mannone <Myhill
    Chambers <Caulker
    Wisdom <Bruce
    Fábregas <Mata
    Di María <Ramsey
    Quinn <El Ahmadi
    Sterling <Eriksen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did Ramsey to Di Maria last night with my one free transfer. I was a bit reluctant to sell Rambo but Di Maria is fast becoming a must-have if he keeps up this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thanks for that little nugget, dumbass here will probably conjure up some logic not to have him back in my team for Saturday now:o

At the moment it could be Eriksen, Rooney out and Herrera, Costa in.

Just get him in there is no point in fighting it. Chelsea will probably work it in such a way that he will get a deliberate 5th yellow before the next carling cup game. Like myself u always like to find another way of getting points and taking a bit of a punt but it's got too risky going without costa. At least if he gets banned for a league game us lads late to the party won't be afraid to transfer him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

My team for this week..

Forster
    Azpil Alderweireld Duff/Moore
    Ramsey Sterling Siggy Fabregas
    Costa Aguero Welbek

Manquillo Duff/Moore Boyd

Not terribly exciting or original bit I've had most of these from the start. Going to downgrade Azpil the following week and get in someone around the 5.0 mark and replace Ramsey with.. Wait for it... ADM.. Taking my first 4 point of the season.. Not sure long term about having Forster and Alserweireld

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just get him in there is no point in fighting it. Chelsea will probably work it in such a way that he will get a deliberate 5th yellow before the next carling cup game. Like myself u always like to find another way of getting points and taking a bit of a punt but it's got too risky going without costa. At least if he gets banned for a league game us lads late to the party won't be afraid to transfer him out.

I've been deliberately trying the more standard method so far this year and it's working a little too well for my liking :pac: Then I was a little slow with ADM and Sterling which punished me this week. Further strengthening the safe approach argument.

It disgusts me slightly but I'm telling myself that when the right moment presents itself to trust my instinct and I'll get my kicks that way. Last season was probably the best thing that could have happened to my longterm ambitions in FPL. A Yaya situation should hopefully never arise again.

Not having Costa would just be madness, all it takes is one bad week to undo all the good work built up over a couple of weeks and just isn't worth it.

But in saying all that I'll probably snap some week and do something totally against the grain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think I might bank it this week. Lots of good fixtures around so no huge need to get anybody in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I loved Baines when I had him second half of last season, but their defence is not as solid under Martinez as Moyes (see here for explanation of last season's cleanies). Also, they have Europa League this season and have been shipping a worrying number of goals thus far. Oviedo might even give Baines a (very rare) rest. That being said, if Everton keep a couple cleanies I'll be trying to squeeze him in :pac:.

Everton were good defensively last season (as suggested by the amount of cleansheets). Stats are good and all but there's no reason why Everton can't get the same number of clean sheets again, their goalkeeper hasn't changed and if anything there defence will get better with the likes of Stones always improving and Coleman consistently getting better and better.

Everton only had 3 pens last year. Compare that to 5,4,5,7,8 in the previous 5 seasons. Therefore, they are statistically likely to get at least 2 more penalties than last year which, if his 100% record continues, will be an additional 12 points for Baines not including bonuses.

But then again they mightn't get any more penalties or clean sheets this year, I'll be taking the gamble on Baines though because at 6.9 I think he represents good value ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

Teams full of high ownership players so decided to take a punt this week, had two free transfers so went Mata --> Ozil and Naismith --> Ulloa. Ozil's at two percent at the moment so he's a great differential, and if wenger keeps him more central like the last match he could hit some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pulled the trigger on a 4 point hit.
    In
    Di Maria,
    Pelle
    Falcao

Out
    Ramsey,
    Rooney
    Ade

Happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a 4 point hit.
    In
    Di Maria,
    Pelle
    Falcao

Out
    Ramsey,
    Rooney
    Ade

Happy with that

Wouldn't be too happy with Falcao, I have him and contemplating getting Welbeck in instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

God rid of Naismith and Dier last night for Uloa and Kompany. Uloa has scored against the big teams this season so I have confidence he will keep it up. Got some nice profit from Dier and Naismith but they had to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

. Is there a better keeper combo I could look at as the home-away rotation ends in a few gameweeks for Heaton and Mannone.

Mannone guzan have been very kind to me thus far. Mannone got 3 reasonable games coming up. Then brad comes back later. Ive had the rotation more or less right so far

Ive had them since the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

played wildcard, now have :

Mannone

Duff,Terry, Clyne

Fab, Herrera, Sterling, ramsey

Rooney, Ulloa, Costa (c)

with 3 opening day faithfuls on the bench
    vlaar, chambers, jedinak...

Am happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

breghall wrote: »

Mannone

Duff,Terry, Clyne

Rooney, Ulloa, Costa (c)

Am happy enough.
    No city cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

breghall wrote: »

Mannone

Duff,Terry, Clyne

Rooney, Ulloa, Costa (c)

Am happy enough.

Rooney is playing deeper so I would look at someone else. I've shipped him out this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

No city cover?
    too dear, can leak and subject to rotation at last minute IMO
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rooney is playing deeper so I would look at someone else. I've shipped him out this week

Hmmmmm, noted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anybody taking a point on Downing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Anybody taking a point on Downing?

I've been impressed with west hams start and the fact that they're away to man United next and their shaky defence, downing could be an option. But will west ham get enough of the ball at the weekend to mount enough of a threat going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Nice stats from Ulloa TBF

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2008–2010 Castellón 78 (30)
    2010–2013 Almería 90 (39)
    2013–2014 Brighton & Hove Albion 50 (23)
    2014– Leicester City 5 (5)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Just made a few changes with my wildcard, any suggestions on who to put in/take out

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

langer91 wrote: »
    Just made a few changes with my wildcard, any suggestions on who to put in/take out

I'd sell Dummet for Moore or Duff. Newcastle are rubbish and he is not guaranteed his place.
    Can you afford a playing keeper? If not i'd suggest getting in McCarthy (4.0 in fantasy) of QPR. Think he cost 6m on deadline day and Green is not playing well so may be only a matter of time before he takes his place.

You may have a headache every week with who to play from Siggy, Schneiderlin and Ulloa but overall team looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

rambo to di maria.

Mannone (Myhill)

Duff Chambers de Laet (Chester, Vlaar)

Henderson Siggy Di Maria Fabregas (Marney)

Aguero Rooney Costa

Really tempted to WC and go with two up front and beef up in the mid but will wait till after international break at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TacT wrote: »
    rambo to di maria.

Mannone (Myhill)

Duff Chambers de Laet (Chester, Vlaar)

Henderson Siggy Di Maria Fabregas (Marney)

Aguero Rooney Costa

Really tempted to WC and go with two up front and beef up in the mid but will wait till after international break at the earliest.

If you upgrade Henderson to Sterling and Rooney to Pelle / Ulloa or Wellbeck you would hame much better potential imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

JR6 wrote: »
    I'd sell Dummet for Moore or Duff. Newcastle are rubbish and he is not guaranteed his place.
    Can you afford a playing keeper? If not i'd suggest getting in McCarthy (4.0 in fantasy) of QPR. Think he cost 6m on deadline day and Green is not playing well so may be only a matter of time before he takes his place.

You may have a headache every week with who to play from Siggy, Schneiderlin and Ulloa but overall team looks good.

Agree with you about Dummett. A QPR keeper is a QPR keeper.

Lets be honest, if your only headache is about who to play, its a fine headache to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

IK09 wrote: »

Lets be honest, if your only headache is about who to play, its a fine headache to have.

The only problem is that there will be weeks when you make the wrong choice and leave points on the bench. I never like to have too strong a bench for that reason. As long as the bench players play and give me two points, i'm happy.

IK09 wrote: »

The only problem is that there will be weeks when you make the wrong choice and leave points on the bench. I never like to have too strong a bench for that reason. As long as the bench players play and give me two points, i'm happy.

I brought in McCarthy for Myhill and Duff for Dummett. I will be rotating those 3 other players depending on the fixtures in the week so if one of them is playing a big team or away from home they will be benched. Also nice backup for any injury or inevitable suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

Just lost patience with Balotelli and took him out for Ulloa. Still have 5m spare in the bank, considering taking a 4 point hit to take out Ward Prowse/Larsson for Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

wonski wrote: »
    If you upgrade Henderson to Sterling and Rooney to Pelle / Ulloa or Wellbeck you would hame much better potential imo.

yeah, bit dissapointed I didn't start with 2 up front from the get go! I see Aguero has picked up a knock now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

TacT wrote: »
    yeah, bit dissapointed I didn't start with 2 up front from the get go! I see Aguero has picked up a knock now too.

Source for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Source for this?

He should be fine for the weekend but will sit out the midweek game

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/star-city-duo-aguero-silva-7817872

Source for this?

says it on the fantasy league site, 75% chance of playing. I'd take it with a pinch of salt with the league cup games tonight he could just be being rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ah that's grand. Nothing to worry about I'm sure.

Applying Costa logic, I should now captain Kun this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I disagree completely.
    While it is annoying to have points on your bench, that is the only draw back.
    A strong squad means you can select players depending on their fixture. You'r not limited to a strong 11 and weak 4 who might not play as often, no have the same qualities etc.
    The other benefit of having strong subs is that if they do come on you've a bit of a chance of gaining more point.
    Team value can also be positively impacted by a strong bench.

Nothing worse than having a bench of no hopers who don't perform.

kippy wrote: »
    A strong squad means you can select players depending on their fixture

On this point, I only select my defenders based on their fixtures. My front 7 are fixture proof, in that I feel they can score well against anyone. For example, I don't see the point of having 2 mid priced midfielders who you rotate rather than having an expensive fixture proof one and a cheapie. But that's just how I prefer to play the game.

On this point, I only select my defenders based on their fixtures. My front 7 are fixture proof, in that I feel they can score well against anyone. For example, I don't see the point of having 2 mid priced midfielders who you rotate rather than having an expensive fixture proof one and a cheapie. But that's just how I prefer to play the game.

Having a strong 15, where you can rely on a player should injuries, cards, fixtures, go against you is key, especially should you have already spent your WC in the early weeks.

Having a strong 15, where you can rely on a player should injuries, cards, fixtures, go against you is key, especially should you have already spent your WC in the early weeks.

I'm not saying don't have a strong 15, it depends how strong you're talking about. I see some people with 6 or 7m players on their bench and that to me is just a waste of funds. My bench for the weekend will be a 4m gk, 2x4m defenders and a 4.5m mid. I expect all of them apart from the gk to play and to score 1 or 2 points which will be there if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I don't have Aguero and don't really have the urge to get him yet. With City losing their first CL game, I see further rotation in his future.

City 5 points behind chelsea already, can't see Aguero being that heavily rotated if he stays fit.

You can get that out of a 4.5m mid and two 4.5/4.0m defenders. Wanyama scored last weekend and Quinn has two assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    City 5 points behind chelsea already, can't see Aguero being that heavily rotated if he stays fit.

I suspect City will prioritise the CL. The owners have apparently said it's their target this season.

Of course, I'll jump on anything to justify not having him ;)

You can get that out of a 4.5m mid and two 4.5/4.0m defenders. Wanyama scored last weekend and Quinn has two assists.

I ain't denying that - I had Wanyama myself.
    My point is you should be aiming higher than subs who consistently score 1 or two points as you will need them at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Someone start a captaincy thread. I feel I could captain any one of my front 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm not saying don't have a strong 15, it depends how strong you're talking about. I see some people with 6 or 7m players on their bench and that to me is just a waste of funds. My bench for the weekend will be a 4m gk, 2x4m defenders and a 4.5m mid. I expect all of them apart from the gk to play and to score 1 or 2 points which will be there if needed.
    I disagree.

I like to have one solid sub, be it a 5/6m striker/mid (like Naismith, Ulloa, JWP, Larsson). You'll need them more than you think.

Big teams like to rotate attacking midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Yes. I completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I have aguero and im considering axing him. Rotation is always a worry and he doesnt often complete 90 mins, plus its terrifying every time he stays down injured, which is very often. I think pelle could score nearly as much as aguero over the next few weeks, so im considering taking a punt and putting the funds to use elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Had 2 FT this week so went Ramsey < Di Maria and Naismith < Ulloa. Haven't played my WC yet, think I'm going to wait until the international break. My bench is non-existent though and I have de Jong who's worth 6.9m sitting injured :(

I ain't denying that - I had Wanyama myself.
    My point is you should be aiming higher than subs who consistently score 1 or two points as you will need them at some point.

I just don't see the logic of having an expensive sub for the odd occasion that you'll need him and taking valuable funds away from your first 11. For next weekend, my subs will probably be Taylor, Dummett and King. Taylor could easily pick up a clean sheet away at Sunderland so I'm happy to have him as first sub. My front 7 will be Siggy, Di Maria, Fabregas, Sterling, Aguero, Costa and Welbeck. Which of those should I downgrade just so I can have an expensive player on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have Falcao, should I transfer in Welbeck, Welbeck looks like he could score 2/3 in games, he's missing the chances but he is getting them, How many chances has Falcao had - he the cross bar last week, apart from that - nothing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement