Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I have Falcao, should I transfer in Welbeck, Welbeck looks like he could score 2/3 in games, he's missing the chances but he is getting them, How many chances has Falcao had - he the cross bar last week, apart from that - nothing?

He hasn't even played a full game yet, give him a chance, he's a quality forward. If he gets into form not many defences can stop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I have Falcao, should I transfer in Welbeck, Welbeck looks like he could score 2/3 in games, he's missing the chances but he is getting them, How many chances has Falcao had - he the cross bar last week, apart from that - nothing?

No. Look at Arsenal's fixtures, easy choice to leave that transfer another couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Everyone's teams are starting to sound very identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Things will change. Once Studge comes back and/if Falcao catches fire, there'll be at least five contenders for your first two striker spots. We've alread got good variation -- Welbeck, Ulloa, Pelle -- for the third spot. Walcott's return and a Silva/City run will shake the midfield. Ditto if Hazard picks it up. And as the big teams tighten up at the back, people will have to ditch some of the cheap defenders.

And he who reacts fastest shall prosper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ADM is shaking up the "template" midfield of Ramsey, Sterling, Cesc, Siggy and I'm sure there will be more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Had 2 FT this week so went Ramsey < Di Maria and Naismith < Ulloa. Haven't played my WC yet, think I'm going to wait until the international break. My bench is non-existent though and I have de Jong who's worth 6.9m sitting injured :(

Done exactly the same. Also did Ballotelli to Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ADM is shaking up the "template" midfield of Ramsey, Sterling, Cesc, Siggy and I'm sure there will be more

Didn't you get the memo. The revised template midfield, which is in nearly all teams in the rmt is ADM, Fab, Sterling, Siggy, Boyd.

And my midfield after last week wildcard.

Get it sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jamesbere wrote: »
    He hasn't even played a full game yet, give him a chance, he's a quality forward. If he gets into form not many defences can stop him.
    8-10 wrote: »
    No. Look at Arsenal's fixtures, easy choice to leave that transfer another couple of weeks

Arsenal have Spurs next - north London derby - what a time for Welbeck to make himself a hero... Chelsea the following week - another big game, the games after that don't look to bad, and then a chance to play United he'd be up for that game and with united defence currently non existent wouldn't be surprised to see him score.

Compare him with Falcao, United have a lot of defensive issues and not many fit players in that area, LVG may rest one of his attacking stars for a more defensive minded player in midfield.

As you said he hasn't completed a game yet - strongly tempted to do the transfer,

FHFC wrote: »
    Didn't you get the memo. The revised template midfield, which is in nearly all teams in the rmt is ADM, Fab, Sterling, Siggy, Boyd.

And my midfield after last week wildcard.

Get it sorted...

Yeah I'm on my WC and will most likely end on that midfield (although may do Tadic instead of Siggy). I was just pointing out the template from a fortnight ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Straw poll: I'm thinking of transferring out either De Gea or Rooney for Forster or Pelle respectively. Which should take precedence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

WC has been done and I'm really happy with the look of my team. Have gone with the cheap defenders/ expensive mid/att.

GK: Mannone, McCarthy
    DF: Duff, Chambers, Bertrand, Hutton, Wisdom
    MF: Sig, Di Maria, Quinn, Fabregas, Sterling
    FW: Costa, Aguero, Welbeck/Pelle.

Haven't decided on whether to go with Pelle or Welbeck. Think I may bring in Pelle and then transfer him out after 2 weeks.

With Welbeck in the team, I currently have 1.6m left over too and not really sure what to do with it :pac: May look to upgrade to a Chelsea defender once they get their **** together.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Straw poll: I'm thinking of transferring out either De Gea or Rooney for Forster or Pelle respectively. Which should take precedence?

Tough one. But De Gea IMO, Rooney might still do something but I wouldn't bet on United keeping a clean sheet any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arsenal have Spurs next - north London derby - what a time for Welbeck to make himself a hero... Chelsea the following week - another big game, the games after that don't look to bad, and then a chance to play United he'd be up for that game and with united defence currently non existent wouldn't be surprised to see him score.

Compare him with Falcao, United have a lot of defensive issues and not many fit players in that area, LVG may rest one of his attacking stars for a more defensive minded player in midfield.

As you said he hasn't completed a game yet - strongly tempted to do the transfer,

Go for it. I'll have a friendly bet with you that Falcao will outscore him over the next 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I just don't see the logic of having an expensive sub for the odd occasion that you'll need him and taking valuable funds away from your first 11. For next weekend, my subs will probably be Taylor, Dummett and King. Taylor could easily pick up a clean sheet away at Sunderland so I'm happy to have him as first sub. My front 7 will be Siggy, Di Maria, Fabregas, Sterling, Aguero, Costa and Welbeck. Which of those should I downgrade just so I can have an expensive player on the bench?
    You made the point that you are happy with a one or two point scoring sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thinking about Evans and Krul to Bertrand and Courtois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thinking of transferring Aguero out for a few weeks till he's 100% fit...betwixt and between Ulloa and Pelle,both seem to have one tricky game and one handy in their next two,
    Will have plenty of dosh in bank...so Pelle or Ulloa lads???

IMO, if you have Aguero you don't get rid of him until he breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

IMO, if you have Aguero you don't get rid of him until he breaks.

Very true...but he's coming back quite tentatively this year,he may well not play this weekend.

The tentativeness is one reason I haven't got him yet, but then you never know which week he might explode into life, and if you already have him...

• Advertisement

Thinking of transferring Aguero out for a few weeks till he's 100% fit...betwixt and between Ulloa and Pelle,both seem to have one tricky game and one handy in their next two,
    Will have plenty of dosh in bank...so Pelle or Ulloa lads???

Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Up to -8 now ade and krul to forster and costa. I may not be finished yet.

Very true...but he's coming back quite tentatively this year,he may well not play this weekend.

9 goals in his last 11 away matches and Hull are leaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Play wildcard now or wait till after tonight's league cup games??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Play wildcard now or wait till after tonight's league cup games??

If you play it now you can make transfers until as often as you want until the deadline, so no reason to not play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Forster (Elliot)

Ivanovic | Wilson | N.Taylor (Duff + Moore)

Fabregas | ADM | Siggy | Sterling (Marney)

Costa | Welbeck | Balotelli

Still have 1FT (after dumping Krul)… Is it time to get Pellè for crazy-mario ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Balotelli isn't worth his price tag right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Am i right in saying Silva is useless and worth getting rid of...?

No, but that doesn't mean he's going in my team either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Silva was my main differential so far and it didn't work out. Sterling, Fabregas, DiMaria, Siggy and Silva looks like a perfect combo at this stage as I can't think of any other mid to take his spot.

This would leave me with 352 formation, though.

I will either get rid of him and play Costa / Wellbeck / Pelle or Aguero, or keep Silva and leave 1 forward on the bench.

Given the performance of the expensive defenders I have too much money to spend for attacking players. Does anyone know when City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton start defending properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Krul | Mannone
    Terry | Clyne | Wisom {Coloccini , Vlaar}
    Fabregas | Di Maria | Sterling | Sigurdsson {El Ahmadi}
    Costa | Aguero | Naismith

Rooney out, Aguero in, 0.1 in the bank.

Still have 4-5 transfers to make to shape up the team I want, but this should hold for now! Anyone know when Vlaar is coming back? Should be worth keeping as a 4.5 defender if Villa stay good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nichololas wrote: »
    Krul | Mannone
    Terry | Clyne | Wisom {Coloccini , Vlaar}
    Fabregas | Di Maria | Sterling | Sigurdsson {El Ahmadi}
    Costa | Aguero | Naismith

Rooney out, Aguero in, 0.1 in the bank.

Still have 4-5 transfers to make to shape up the team I want, but this should hold for now! Anyone know when Vlaar is coming back? Should be worth keeping as a 4.5 defender if Villa stay good.

Naismith should be next on your list. Krul and Coloccini, too.

If I was you I would do Naismith - Ulloa first and Rooney to Aguero next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

James Ward-Prowse out for between eight and twelve weeks with a stress fracture to his foot.

Shame, I thought he was going to have a great season! (I didn't have him, but definitely saw value in having him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Seriously niggling at me here. Need to do henderson to sterling and rooney to pelle, ulloa or welbeck. -8 or to wildcard is the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

TacT wrote: »
    Seriously niggling at me here. Need to do henderson to sterling and rooney to pelle, ulloa or welbeck. -8 or to wildcard is the question?

I'd take the -8 point hit to be honest.
    The WC can be of more "value" later in the season.

(I've take -12 points hits so far in the competition)
    Tis grand if it works out (which it has for me)

Something to be aware of is that there are no PL fixtures during FA Cup 6th round weekend (there were last season). So there won't be as many DGWers if that's the main reason for holding on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Welbeck or Pellé?
    Rooney or Aguero?

Help me pick who to put with Costa this weekend please, wildcard activated. Thanks :)

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Welbeck or Pellé?
    Rooney or Aguero?

Help me pick who to put with Costa this weekend please, wildcard activated. Thanks :)

Id go with Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

TacT wrote: »

I'd stick with what i have rather than do either hit tbh if i was you. 8pts is a lot this stage of the season and you havent got bad players to sell. Re-evaluate after tonight/Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Id go with Pelle

I wouldn't

Think his luck will run out soon

don't really rate Pelle

Id go with Pelle

Rooney or Kun?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    I wouldn't

don't really rate Pelle

Welbeck ahead of Pellé?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Trilla wrote: »
    I wouldn't

don't really rate Pelle

What luck has he gotten?

He's playing as the main forward for an inform Southampton team with a strong run of games getting support from Tadic, Long, Schneiderlin and soon Mane too. Plus Clyne and Bertrand from Fullback who seem intent on pushing forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

daithijjj wrote: »
    I'd stick with what i have rather than do either hit tbh if i was you. 8pts is a lot this stage of the season and you havent got bad players to sell. Re-evaluate after tonight/Saturday.

Tempted to give roo one last run and take -4 on saturday/sunday the more I think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ward prowse out till november

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

wonski wrote: »
    Naismith should be next on your list. Krul and Coloccini, too.

If I was you I would do Naismith - Ulloa first and Rooney to Aguero next week.

Would've have needed another 0.1 to do Rooney->Aguero next week if I had done Naismith->Ulloa. Leicester will probably beat Palace but I reckon Everton will also knock in a couple against Liverpool (sure didn't they let in 14 just last night), my only worry is Naismith not getting game time.

Agree about Krul and Coloccini. Want to switch to 5.0|4.0 keepers instead of 4.5|4.5 though so I'll see what I can manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Something to be aware of is that there are no PL fixtures during FA Cup 6th round weekend (there were last season). So there won't be as many DGWers if that's the main reason for holding on.

That's a very interesting development and something that hasn't happened before. There will be much less games called off for cup competitions so. We are looking at the carling cup final and fa cup semi final causing some future dgws. The fa cup semis are gw 33 so there will be disruption there and the games called off will be re fixed for gw 34 most likely due to there being no midweek cl. Barring weather postponements we should expect half the dgw games of previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

yep normally fa cup quarters weekend has prem fixs. glad there is none now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Nichololas wrote: »
    Would've have needed another 0.1 to do Rooney->Aguero next week if I had done Naismith->Ulloa. Leicester will probably beat Palace but I reckon Everton will also knock in a couple against Liverpool (sure didn't they let in 14 just last night), my only worry is Naismith not getting game time.

Agree about Krul and Coloccini. Want to switch to 5.0|4.0 keepers instead of 4.5|4.5 though so I'll see what I can manage.

I've gone 5.0|4.0 keepers & have gone with Forster & Mc Carthy! Koeman running a tight ship & I can see McCarthy becoming No.1 at QPR soon with them also tightening up

Going with a 3-4-3 this week

Forster

Clyne Duff Ivanovic
    Siggy/Seb Larsson Cesc Di Maria Sterling
    Pelle Costa Ulloa

Whos like to get more points from Siggy/Larsson? Is Larsson on set pieces for Sunderland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Princess13

Does anyone know the clean sheet odds for the following teams:

Burnley
    Swansea
    Sunderland
    Leicester
    WBA

I'm in work trying to pick my team for the weekend and haven't access to betting sites. I need to pick 3 defenders from Duff, Taylor, van Aanholt, Moore and Wisdom.

Advertisement