Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Burnley 11/4
    Swansea 2/1
    Sunderland 21/10
    Leicester 21/10
    WBA 11/8

Taken from William Hill

Princess13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the clean sheet odds for the following teams:

Burnley
    Swansea
    Sunderland
    Leicester
    WBA

I'm in work trying to pick my team for the weekend and haven't access to betting sites. I need to pick 3 defenders from Duff, Taylor, van Aanholt, Moore and Wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

kind of a transfer question........

what is the total value of your defence ?

mine is 24.1 ( average of 4.82) , and starting to feel thats a bit pricey, so wanted to know how much most people have tied up in it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Is Ward-Prowse liable to drop now, or will he be protected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is Ward-Prowse liable to drop now, or will he be protected?

Players don't become protected till they're back available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What luck has he gotten?

He's playing as the main forward for an inform Southampton team with a strong run of games getting support from Tadic, Long, Schneiderlin and soon Mane too. Plus Clyne and Bertrand from Fullback who seem intent on pushing forwards

You're spot on!

• Advertisement

Clyne worth the extra .2 over Bertrand ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

miller82 wrote: »

Making that same decision this week. I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    Making that same decision this week. I don't think so.

I think Clyne is a bigger goal threat but Bertrand is getting in a lot more crosses so he'll probably get more assists. It's close but I think I'd go with Bertrand and pocket the 0.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Pellè or Welbeck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

mine is 24.1 ( average of 4.82) , and starting to feel thats a bit pricey, so wanted to know how much most people have tied up in it ?

Total value 24.0
    Average: 4.8

Total value includes price rises of: 0.5

• Advertisement

I just trimmed some fat - got rid of two expensive duds eventually ( i hate using my transfers on defenders)

Clichy ----> Bertrand
    Huth
    > Duff

Value of defenders in total : 23.3
    Ave : 4.66

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will probably be 23.3 on Saturday

Going with both :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Princess13

Hackers wrote: »
    Burnley 11/4
    Swansea 2/1
    Sunderland 21/10
    Leicester 21/10
    WBA 11/8

Taken from William Hill

Not great with odds like that but from the above should I be going with Swansea, WBA and one from Sunderland/Leicester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Princess13 wrote: »
    Not great with odds like that but from the above should I be going with Swansea, WBA and one from Sunderland/Leicester?

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If money is tight then people who havent got him have missed the boat and might as well go with Bertrand.

I dont believe in heat maps and stats very much. They are indicative but ultimately not much use imho. Some will say Bertrand is getting up the pitch more, more crosses or whatever but if you're not watching games then you wont get the real picture.

A heat map wont tell you where Clyne was when Wanyama scored v Swans. He never got the ball but he was on the edge of Swans box 6 yards out. Over the last few games Clyne could have had way more points, it just didnt fall right, that changes quickly. He is playing great right now imo.

I'd consider Bertrand a cheap blocker on rivals who have Clyne. I'd say theres quite a few considering both tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive two free transfers this week and not sure what to do.

My first transfer is to get rid of Lamela but im not sure who to bring in. Already have siggy, ramsey, sterling and Fabs. I want to bring in someone cheaper. Anyone got any ideas? Im thinking either Chadli who has poor enough run of games, or Schneiderlin who may play a little deeper.

My second thing is I really want to bring in Di Maria but it can only really be for Ramsey or Sterling.

Last but not least I have Naismith and really need to get rid. Thinking either Ulloa or Welbeck.

Anyone any suggestions on any of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I took a 4 point hit - Campbell for Ulloa and Janmaat for Bertrand.

Even though Campbell scored v Everton he was doing very little and bar Janmaats goal he's done nothing. No clean sheets and Newcastle don't look like they are gonna keep any for a while.
    Was tempted to take Lovren but will keep him another few weeks. Liverpool have some nice fixtures coming up but if no clean sheets are kept he's coming out.

Ulloa was almost taken in last week but decided against it. thankfully won both head to heads by 1 point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

joe123 wrote: »
    Ive two free transfers this week and not sure what to do.

My first transfer is to get rid of Lamela but im not sure who to bring in. Already have siggy, ramsey, sterling and Fabs. I want to bring in someone cheaper. Anyone got any ideas? Im thinking either Chadli who has poor enough run of games, or Schneiderlin who may play a little deeper.

My second thing is I really want to bring in Di Maria but it can only really be for Ramsey or Sterling.

Last but not least I have Naismith and really need to get rid. Thinking either Ulloa or Welbeck.

Anyone any suggestions on any of the above?

I'd consider Arfield for Lamela he is the most likely burnley player to be involved in goals and will be on pens till ings is back. He is a bandwagon waiting to take off imo. That will give u the money for wellbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think we all know the key to the Clyne/Bertrand debate is for Bertrand to get injured and Targett to come in for the low low price of 3.9.

MT 2.0 will have his day in the sun this season, sometime, maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ramsey or sterling ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Joekers wrote: »
    Ramsey or sterling ?

For what?
    Get rid of or get in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Pellé or Ulloa/Welbeck?
    Rooney or Aguero?

Which two would ye have in yer team with Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Done my wildcard

Begovic. Mc carthy

Cline. Chambers. Moore duff. Hutton

ADM fabragas siggy. Sterling. Jedlinak

Costa aguero. Peille. What do you,s think ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Moses in for Zaha anyone? Nice fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

beaver111 wrote: »
    Done my wildcard

Begovic. Mc carthy

Cline. Chambers. Moore duff. Hutton

ADM fabragas siggy. Sterling. Jedlinak

Costa aguero. Peille. What do you,s think ,

How much is this fella?

Surely there is someone better than him?

Have you used up all your funds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I'd consider Arfield for Lamela he is the most likely burnley player to be involved in goals and will be on pens till ings is back. He is a bandwagon waiting to take off imo. That will give u the money for wellbeck.

I can afford to sell Lamela and bring in anyone 7million and under and upgrade Naismith to Welbeck.

My predicament is Who is the best option for 7million (outside of Siggy) and is Welbeck a better choice that Ulloa considering Arsenal have Spurs and Chelsea up next.

Am I mad to be considering Di Maria in for one of Ramsey/Sterling??

EDIT:

Im heading over for the merseyside derby so im trying to get this all done tonight. Now Im thinking....

Rooney to Welbeck
    Lamela to Di Maria

OR

Lamela to Schneiderlin
    Naismith to Welbeck

2 free transfers used.

Could go boring transfer in Krul to Forster or Mannone. What to do what to do....

How crazy would De Gea -> Forster and Ramsey -> Hazard for -8 be?

Or should I just suppress this crazy along with all the crazy I've already suppressed this season. I guess I'd better think about it for a while anyway but it might solve my Ramsey->Sterling transfer that I don't seem to want to make :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Or should I just suppress this crazy along with all the crazy I've already suppressed this season. I guess I'd better think about it for a while anyway but it might solve my Ramsey->Sterling transfer that I don't seem to want to make :pac:

I'm in an equally crazy mood. Contemplating Pelle and DiMaria in for Rooney and Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd definitely go Ramsey to Sterling before Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Best keeper to replace De Gea for 5.5 ?

Already have Burnley Southampton Stoke and Swansea and Leicester defenders.

joe123 wrote: »
    I can afford to sell Lamela and bring in anyone 7million and under and upgrade Naismith to Welbeck.

My predicament is Who is the best option for 7million (outside of Siggy) and is Welbeck a better choice that Ulloa considering Arsenal have Spurs and Chelsea up next.

Am I mad to be considering Di Maria in for one of Ramsey/Sterling??

EDIT:

Im heading over for the merseyside derby so im trying to get this all done tonight. Now Im thinking....

Rooney to Welbeck
    Lamela to Di Maria

OR

Lamela to Schneiderlin
    Naismith to Welbeck

2 free transfers used.

Could go boring transfer in Krul to Forster or Mannone. What to do what to do....

Rooney to wellbeck and Lamela to Di maria sounds good. Who do you bench every wk it sounds like you have 8 strong attacking options something I'm not a fan of personally but it's easily affordable at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Best keeper to replace De Gea for 5.5 ?

Already have Burnley Southampton Stoke and Swansea and Leicester defenders.
    I went with Heaton. Only 4.5.

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd definitely go Ramsey to Sterling before Hazard.

I'd be the opposite I reckon it's only a matter of time before hazard posts a big score and would love to have him in my team just can't manage it this week.Mr P not sure it's worth a - 8 this week however I think hazard will be especially if he is still on pens the highest scoring mid in the game.

Nib wrote: »
    I went with Heaton. Only 4.5.

Be grand if i didnt already have Duff i dont wanna double up on Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Rooney to ulloa? They have some nice fixtures coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Chesty08 wrote: »
    How much is this fella?

Surely there is someone better than him?

Have you used up all your funds?

He 4.9 and I have .2 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd be the opposite I reckon it's only a matter of time before hazard posts a big score and would love to have him in my team just can't manage it this week.Mr P not sure it's worth a - 8 this week however I think hazard will be especially if he is still on pens the highest scoring mid in the game.

I've had Hazard since my pre week three wildcard and I'm not yet in the least bit tempted to ship him out yet, I agree that he is likely to be top scoring mid, just wish Chelsea would get a pen with Haz and Costa on the field so we'll know for sure, that is a big part of his appeal

Eldoco wrote: »

I dunno what to do about Rooney been hearing hes being moved back a bit in formation is making think its time to cash in. At the same time hes likely to be involved in the action as he normally is.

Its hard to know but Pelle and Ulloa are both possible options.

I've had Hazard since my pre week three wildcard and I'm not yet in the least bit tempted to ship him out yet, I agree that he is likely to be top scoring mid, just wish Chelsea would get a pen with Haz and Costa on the field so we'll know for sure, that is a big part of his appeal

Do you have Fabregas?

I think Hazard could make hay over the next 2 weeks against Villa and Arsenal with yellow card happy Chambers at RB.

Going -8 by doubling up on Saints defenders and tripling up on Chelsea's attack could be a dangerous maneuver though. Can't drop Fab or Costa though.

I also need to work out if my reluctance over Sterling is some crazy notion that last year's Mr.P would have had or this year's more savvy Mr.P would have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Eldoco wrote: »

Please Mr Rooney, prove the doubters wrong against west ham :pac:

this and Henderson to Sterling are the substitutions I need to make but I refuse to cook my WC or take -8 to make it happen so it's ramsey to di maria this week and I'll probably be kicking myself but such is the beauty of FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Do you have Fabregas?

I think Hazard could make hay over the next 2 weeks against Villa and Arsenal with yellow card happy Chambers at RB.

Going -8 by doubling up on Saints defenders and tripling up on Chelsea's attack could be a dangerous maneuver though. Can't drop Fab or Costa though.

I also need to work out if my reluctance over Sterling is some crazy notion that last year's Mr.P would have had or this year's more savvy Mr.P would have.

I have your Sterling reluctance with regard to Fab (similar with Di Maria). I personally don't think Fabregas or DiMaria will score enough goals to compete with Hazard as my number 1 midfielder.
    My team value has suffered terribly due to not climbing on bandwagons that I think are going nowhere, Dier, Fab , Naismith and DiMaria have never even entered my thoughts, neither does Ulloa at the moment.

I'm sticking to my principals generally speaking, I'll win this whole thing one of these years what with my acumen for picking em:pac::o

I have your Sterling reluctance with regard to Fab (similar with Di Maria). I personally don't think Fabregas or DiMaria will score enough goals to compete with Hazard as my number 1 midfielder.
    My team value has suffered terribly due to not climbing on bandwagons that I think are going nowhere, Dier, Fab , Naismith and DiMaria have never even entered my thoughts, neither does Ulloa at the moment.

I'm sticking to my principals generally speaking, I'll win this whole thing one of these years what with my acumen for picking em:pac::o

I think we would all agree that I was an idiot not to have Yaya at any point last year? My principals got me nowhere. Although I still think 160k was quite the achievement without him :o

I think Fabregas could be this year's Yaya. He may not get as many goals as Hazard by the end of the season but if he keeps chipping away with an assist or 2 most weeks then it's hard to combat that. It's the consistency of the returns that will kill you. It shouldn't be quite as catastrophic as Yaya but it makes things difficult. Di Maria remains to be seen I guess but I'd rather be with him than against him just now. These are much more dangerous than Dier and the likes.

I love a punt but I think the way the game has gone last season and this season (despite it only being in it's infancy) especially it's important not to get left behind. I think I said a few weeks ago that you can't win the game in the first few months but you can lose it. Although it's easy to say this when I've had my best start ever by a country mile. In saying that I don't know how to handle this situation as it's so alien as is my approach this year :pac: I played too safe last week not taking a hit and it cost me even greater gains. This has most likely turned into waffle at this point so I'll stop :D

Oh and I'm sure I'll find my principals before Christmas is out, only so long I'll be able to contain myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I had two FTs coming into this week and have already done Gerrard to Di Maria (doubling up on Liverpool midfielders with the wildcard seemed like a good idea at the time). So my current midfield is -

Siggy - Di Maria - Ramsey - Sterling - Boyd

I have 0.5m in the bank and I'm worried about not having Fabregas who looks like he's going to go up again tonight. Tempted to go Ramsey to Fab, wise move?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tempted to go Ramsey to Fab, wise move?

Very, imo.

Fabregas and Costa are very much two must haves, imo.
    One will feed the other, a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Have already gone with ADM / Ulloa for Ramsey / Naismith.

I'm considering a -4 hit to do one of the following:
    1. Get Forster in for DDG
    2. Get Clyne in for Pieters/Terry
    3. Get Pelle in for Rooney
    Which is the more sensible option? I have no faith in DDG especially with their defensive injuries (and their performances generally); which is why I have it as number 1. But mathematically it doesn't make much sense to take a -4 hit on a keeper. The most I'll gain is 1 or 2 save points.

GAH ... HELP! Are any of those transfers worth -4?

John83 wrote: »
    Have already gone with ADM / Ulloa for Ramsey / Naismith.

I'm considering a -4 hit to do one of the following:
    1. Get Forster in for DDG
    2. Get Clyne in for Pieters/Terry
    3. Get Pelle in for Rooney
    Which is the more sensible option? I have no faith in DDG especially with their defensive injuries (and their performances generally); which is why I have it as number 1. But mathematically it doesn't make much sense to take a -4 hit on a keeper. The most I'll gain is 1 or 2 save points.

GAH ... HELP! Are any of those transfers worth -4?

If taking a minus 4 it's more of a long term decision. Do you think over the next 6 gws Forster will outscore ddg by more than 4 pts if so make the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

If taking a minus 4 it's more of a long term decision. Do you think over the next 6 gws Forster will outscore ddg by more than 4 pts if so make the transfer.

I'd be confident of starting Forster in 6 of next 7 GWs.
    If Utd had a full defense, I'd be confident of starting DDG in 3 of the next 7. They don't.

I guess that answers my question :)

I then have 7 weeks to figure out what to do regarding a sub keeper that actually plays; before Forster comes up against Utd, City and Arsenal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I then have 7 weeks to figure out what to do regarding a sub keeper that actually plays; before Forster comes up against Utd, City and Arsenal.

Heaton?
    They are at home to Villa, Newcastle and away to QPR at the same time as Forsters tough fixtures.

I'd be confident of starting Forster in 6 of next 7 GWs.
    If Utd had a full defense, I'd be confident of starting DDG in 3 of the next 7. They don't.

I guess that answers my question :)

That would be my thinking of it aswell. I also took a hit to get in Forster this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thinking I may need to take a hit.

I have Rooney (playing deep), Austin (dropping like a stone), Collocini and Ramsey. I have 2FTs but not enough cash to do Ramsey & Austin to ADM and Ulloa, nor Rooney to Aguero.

Decision, decisions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement