Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benimar wrote: »
    Thinking I may need to take a hit.

I have Rooney (playing deep), Austin (dropping like a stone), Collocini and Ramsey. I have 2FTs but not enough cash to do Ramsey & Austin to ADM and Ulloa, nor Rooney to Aguero.

Decision, decisions.

Can you do Austin, Rooney, Ramsey to Ulloa, Falcao, ADM? or Ulloa, falcao, Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

8-10 wrote: »
    Can you do Austin, Rooney, Ramsey to Ulloa, Falcao, ADM? or Ulloa, falcao, Sterling

I already have Sterling (should have mentioned that!) and don't have the cash for the other moves. Might downgrade Colo to a 4.0 and can then do Austin and Ramsey to Ulloa and ADM.

Rooney can be next weeks problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There's no guarantee Rooney will play deep this week. It could be RVP missing out with Mata back, so if I had other issues (and I do) Rooney would be down the list of priorities.

Thinking of dumping Ramsay for Hazard. I would have Costa, Fab and Hazard then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm holding onto Rooney for one last week. I think RVP has been hopeless, so I'm hoping Van G sits him out. I can only hope.

I have my eye on Welbeck, Pellé, and Aguero as replacements as of next week, should Rooney get a poor return. If he can't score at home against Villa after a "humiliating" loss to Leicester, then there's no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Not sure if this is a question for here or not but here it is anyway.

FantasyFootballScout is suggesting that Tom Thorpe or Paddy McNair may be included in this weeks Man United starting 11, as far as I can see neither player is included in the FPL game.

Does this mean that van Gaal would have to apply to the FA for permission to include them as registered players and then they may be added to the game?

I'm not interested in bringing either in but just noticed it as an interesting situation...

tom_k wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a question for here or not but here it is anyway.

FantasyFootballScout is suggesting that Tom Thorpe or Paddy McNair may be included in this weeks Man United starting 11, as far as I can see neither player is included in the FPL game.

Does this mean that van Gaal would have to apply to the FA for permission to include them as registered players and then they may be added to the game?

I'm not interested in bringing either in but just noticed it as an interesting situation...

Nope, both born after Jan 1st 1993 so are not counted towards the PL squad. You can play as many different players born after that date as you like throughout the season

Nope, both born after Jan 1st 1993 so are not counted towards the PL squad. You can play as many different players born after that date as you like throughout the season
    Ok, so I assume the FPL site will just need to add them to the game so, otherwise it'd be an interesting situation if a player scored gameweek points that couldn't be included in anyone's team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

tom_k wrote: »
    Ok, so I assume the FPL site will just need to add them to the game so, otherwise it'd be an interesting situation if a player scored gameweek points that couldn't be included in anyone's team.
    Ah I'm sure it's happened before!!!

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure it's happened before!!!

Possibly it has, it's just something I've never noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just wondering have Man City had their presser yet?....if Kun looks out looking of dumping him for a few weeks and going to Pelle.

Just wondering have Man City had their presser yet?....if Kun looks out looking of dumping him for a few weeks and going to Pelle.

I think Kun and Silva are good to go.

I think Kun and Silva are good to go.

Both "OK" according to Pellegrini.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-silva-back-trio-miss-7838462

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

couldn't hack it anymore and activated my WC to satisfy that never ending itch.

Guzan in Myhill out
    Hutton in Vlaar out
    Bertrand in de Laet out
    van Aanholt in Chester out
    Sterling in Henderson out
    Downing in Marney out
    Ulloa in Rooney out

Leaving me with

Mannone (Guzan)
    Duff Chambers Bertrand (Van Aanholt)
    Sterling Siggy Di Maria (V) Fabregas (Downing)
    Aguero Ulloa Costa (C)

and 0.4 ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

I'm holding onto Rooney for one last week. I think RVP has been hopeless, so I'm hoping Van G sits him out. I can only hope.

I have my eye on Welbeck, Pellé, and Aguero as replacements as of next week, should Rooney get a poor return. If he can't score at home against Villa after a "humiliating" loss to Leicester, then there's no hope.

Have Rooney too and the money to get Aguero for -4. Would this just be fanciful tomfoolery? I'm reluctant to do it but this could be because I'm a United fan. Any objective opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

I have Di Maria in my team at the moment seriously tempted to transfer him for Hazard, anyone have any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is my back line.....
    Foster Krul
    Taylor Rafael Alderweireld Wilson Moore

Have 1FT and .8 in the bank. Trying to be sensible and investig it at the back to avoid doing Ramsey-ADM.

Can someone suggest a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

langer91 wrote: »
    I have Di Maria in my team at the moment seriously tempted to transfer him for Hazard, anyone have any thoughts?

I'll express my thoughts in smiley form...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

banking it even tho I'd like to get saints cover.
    will have to wait 2 weeks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

done wildcard

• Advertisement

I'll express my thoughts in smiley form...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

hahaha I know but I seriously don't want to miss out on Hazard when he finally starts delivering points wise, and I can only seeing Utd getting worse

hahaha I know but I seriously don't want to miss out on Hazard when he finally starts delivering points wise, and I can only seeing Utd getting worse

Surely they can't get any worse??

Markx wrote: »
    Have Rooney too and the money to get Aguero for -4. Would this just be fanciful tomfoolery? I'm reluctant to do it but this could be because I'm a United fan. Any objective opinions?
    I would not do it this weekend anyway ......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think hazard will comfortably outscore adm over the course of the season. However I brought in adm this week over hazard to catch adms price rises and hazards near a drop. When utd fixtures get difficult I'm hoping to move to hazard and for the 2 of them to be the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Was thinking of gettin rid of Silva and maybe gettin in Larson for Sunderland...? Would have money left over then for next weeks transfer....Good idea or lunacy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone fancy a -4 for Ramsey to ADM?

I'm contemplating Ramsay out - Silva/Sterling/Hazard in.

I have Costa and Fab already. I have no man city or Liverpool coverage. What do you guys think I should do?

Surely they can't get any worse??

There is always room for regression with this team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

United's bad defence can only spur them on to score more up front.

ADM is bang on form at the moment, Hazard is not. Transferring out a in form player for an out of form player in the hope that situations will reverse is a bit of a mad gamble IMO.
    Hang on to ADM until either his form drops or Hazards increases.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a -4 for Ramsey to ADM?

Ramsey has not been playing well and the two goals he scored came out of the blue, call it luck if you will.
    ADM still has a few soft fixtures and is playing well. West Ham dont have the best defence and have shipped a few in the last couple of games. So probably worth the -4 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

A sad day for me, I had to go with -8 points to save my team, ravaged by injuries to Evans and Debucy with nothing to replace them with on the bench. Got rid of Yaya aswell, he is just not performing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Shipped Rooney, Mata, Weimann and Hazard for Costa, ADM, Vardy and Sterling, should I take the -12 or play my wild card?

patmac wrote: »
    Shipped Rooney, Mata, Weimann and Hazard for Costa, ADM, Vardy and Sterling, should I take the -12 or play my wild card?

You only NEED to make one of those transfers - Mata.
    Rooney can still reap points despite his deeper role.
    Hazard could get a rake of points any day now.
    Weimann is up against chelsea who concede goals, so could get points if he plays.
    Mata is the one who needs to go.

The real question here is if Costa ADM, Vardy and Sterling will score 12 points more than Rooney, Mata, Weimann and Hazard this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

You only NEED to make one of those transfers - Mata.
    Rooney can still reap points despite his deeper role.
    Hazard could get a rake of points any day now.
    Mata is the one who needs to go.

The real question here is if Costa ADM, Vardy and Sterling will score 12 points more than Rooney, Mata, Weimann and Hazard this week.
    Too late already done (after a few beers last night) was wondering should I play my wildcard now and save the 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

-12 is a big hit to take in a single gameweek. Have you already made those transfers? I've just played my wildcard this week, but I'm kind of regretting it now. Rooney still has a couple of games where he could do some damage and Hazard's been playing well in general so he is due a big points haul in fpl soon.

The wildcard might come in handy during the next international break. If it was just a -8 you had I'd hold onto it. But -12 that would be nearly too big of a hit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Too late already done (after a few beers last night) was wondering should I play my wildcard now and save the 12

I wouldn't use my WC for those alone, worth using though if you have more changes to make and to be honest if you are using your WC I'd bring back Hazard....

:o Two of those changes would have been well enough, but sure look, it's done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was thinking of gettin rid of Silva and maybe gettin in Larson for Sunderland...? Would have money left over then for next weeks transfer....Good idea or lunacy?

got larsson a few weeks ago. wish i hadn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Well well well...

2 options.
    1. Keep Naismith for this week, bench him and play 4 at the back from Ivanovic (AVL h), Pieters (New h), Clyne (QPR h), Wisdom (Bur h) and Taylor (Sun a). I guess it'll be between Wisdom and Taylor for the bench spot.

2. Get Ulloa for Naismith and Wilson for Pieters for a 4 pts hit. Can'ta fford the direct swap.
    Krul/Elliot is a concern too but not sure a 4 pts hit is "required" here.

What you guys think? I'm more inclined towards option 1 at the moment. Have to mention I still have a FT to use so the double switch would cost me nothing next GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im starting to have second thoughts about Di Maria.. Ye has started brilliantly but Utd have some tricky fixtures ahead (Everton Chelsea City and Arsenal away in the next 5 i think)

Conversely, Ramsey (who many have ditched) has a good run of games ahead after next weeks chelsea game..

What would my esteemed Boardies think of:

Terry, Ramsey and Austin to Chambers, Di Maria and Welbeck for -4?

I'm bringing in Di Maria regardless and don't have the cash to to a straight swap for Ramsey.

I'm bringing in Di Maria regardless and don't have the cash to to a straight swap for Ramsey.

Looks good. Still a little iffy on Welbeck but he's a better option than Austin and if he starts scoring, he's a great buy. I'd say Chelsea *might* keep a clean sheet but I'd imagine you'll be better off with ADM in the long-term.

As for me, I still have a FT left and am debating Falcao over Rooney. Should I? Shouldn't I? I certainly dunno. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye I'd go for it especially if Austin is a regular starter for you.

Looks good. Still a little iffy on Welbeck but he's a better option than Austin and if he starts scoring, he's a great buy. I'd say Chelsea *might* keep a clean sheet but I'd imagine you'll be better off with ADM in the long-term.

As for me, I still have a FT left and am debating Falcao over Rooney. Should I? Shouldn't I? I certainly dunno. :o

Thanks for the info. I'm now debating not bringing in ADM and upgrading Welbeck to Pelle!! I'm very confused tonight!!

If I was you I'd hold Rooney. He has the guaranteed game time and has a great record against the Hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

im starting to have second thoughts about Di Maria.. Ye has started brilliantly but Utd have some tricky fixtures ahead (Everton Chelsea City and Arsenal away in the next 5 i think)

Conversely, Ramsey (who many have ditched) has a good run of games ahead after next weeks chelsea game..

Honestly I'd be confident enough he'll get some returns against the bigger teams. Its not like any of the teams you mentioned have been brilliant defensively up to now anyway. He could soon be up to 10.0M and fitting him into your budget might become an issue. Got him in myself after last weekends games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I can't believe after all that I'm still contemplating aguero to pelle and upgrading siggy to Sanchez while my wc is active. Frontline of pelle ulloa and costa, is it madness? Mid of fab, sterling, Sanchez and Di maria if I go with it before bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I want to get Rooney out and I have 0.4m in the bank. Thoughts? I was thinking Pelle or Ulloa.

I want to get Rooney out and I have 0.4m in the bank. Thoughts? I was thinking Pelle or Ulloa.

I'd keep him for this week if i still had him ........but pelle otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Had two transfers so took out Mata for Fabregas and Dier for Duff...had 0.5, now have 0.8 in the bank. Keeping Rooney but tempted with Falcao. Maybe next gameweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

iroced wrote: »
    Well well well...

2 options.
    1. Keep Naismith for this week, bench him and play 4 at the back from Ivanovic (AVL h), Pieters (New h), Clyne (QPR h), Wisdom (Bur h) and Taylor (Sun a). I guess it'll be between Wisdom and Taylor for the bench spot.

2. Get Ulloa for Naismith and Wilson for Pieters for a 4 pts hit. Can'ta fford the direct swap.
    Krul/Elliot is a concern too but not sure a 4 pts hit is "required" here.

What you guys think? I'm more inclined towards option 1 at the moment. Have to mention I still have a FT to use so the double switch would cost me nothing next GW.

The way the defensive display of teams have been this season, I would probably only play 3 in defence and play Naismith. You have to play Ivan, otherwise no point having him, I'd nearly be inclinde to drop clyne, Newcastle's form is picking up a little, Cisse back in the team= goals

• Advertisement
Advertisement