Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham 5k 28/09/2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Jingle Bells 5k on 6th of December in Phoenix Park organised by Donore Harriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Any inkling of a decent 5k race in the next couple of months, looking to break that 20 myself but this was too soon for me.

There is a 5km night run in November in the city center.( run in the dark) I will be aiming for that. Have set myself an unrealistic target of under 18:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

aodea wrote: »
    There is a 5km night run in November in the city center.( run in the dark) I will be aiming for that. Have set myself an unrealistic target of under 18:30.

Its nearly 30 euro for that though and the congestion will probably hamper efforts of setting a PB. I always give these gimmicky races in the city centre a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

There's another on in Longwood, Co Meath on 19th of October on a fast course. Its organised with help of Trim AC so should be a good race.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

corny wrote: »
    Its nearly 30 euro for that though and the congestion will probably hamper efforts of setting a PB. I always give these gimmicky races in the city centre a miss.

Ah and here was me thinking be good one too sign up for. Ah sure commited now. My PB is based on one race so should be easy enough to beat so ill take that into account in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I decided to sign up for the Park West 5k night run next Tuesday.
    http://www.fitmagazine.ie/events/race/dublin-night-run-park-west

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Punchestown 18th Oct 5/10k!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

pac_man wrote: »
    Did I hear right when the announcer said that there was an 87 old year man finished this under 40 mins?
    Aquals wrote: »
    Yeah his name is Brendan Earley - he runs with the Civil Service Harriers as far as I know. Pretty amazing time!! Saw him beating lots of people half his age!

The announcer said (I think, for it was I!) that Brendan is nearly 87. I understand that he will be 87 next month. Chip time was 36.31. He had lots of people behind him.

I mentioned to him once that I had seen an old Dublin Marathon results list from the 1980s that showed him breaking 3 hours (i.e. over 55 age group) and he said in a matter-of-fact way that he also broke 3 hours at 60.

I asked him about the spelling of his surname and he said "Early - as in 'up early in the morning'". He told me he runs six days a week. Definitely a thoroughbred. Long may he continue running.

Advertisement