Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edinburgh beer

• 20-09-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

So...myself & Fysh have moved to Edinburgh this week & figure a couple of beers with some fellow boardsies wouldn't go astray. Unfortunately, I'm away the next couple of Fri/Sat nights :( but we're thinking a Sunday afternoon would be good. We've popped into The Hanging Bat previously & were pretty impressed with their beer selection (& grub). Anyone fancy popping along after lunch on Sun 28th?

Cheers,
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I would have considered it but I'm back in Ireland this weekend for a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I would have considered it but I'm back in Ireland this weekend for a wedding.

Ah, that's a pity. Let us know if you fancy grabbing a pint some other time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ah, that's a pity. Let us know if you fancy grabbing a pint some other time.

Will do. How are you finding Edinburgh?

Enjoying it so far. Much more chilled than London :) Now that we've got most of the unpacking done, we must get out & meet people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So...myself & Fysh have moved to Edinburgh this week & figure a couple of beers with some fellow boardsies wouldn't go astray. Unfortunately, I'm away the next couple of Fri/Sat nights :( but we're thinking a Sunday afternoon would be good. We've popped into The Hanging Bat previously & were pretty impressed with their beer selection (& grub). Anyone fancy popping along after lunch on Sun 28th?

Cheers,
    Jack

Just down the road a bit (towards Princes St.) is the Red Squirrel. In the other direction, The Blackbird is nice (patio out the back) and if you like old-man-type-pubs, Bennetts across the road is nice. The Pear Tree has a great beer garden, though you're probably better to wait until the summer to check that one out (it's the other side of the meadows, just off Nicholson St, can't remember the name of the road its on).

Just thought I'd throw out some good pubs for you to check out if you haven't come across them already!

• Advertisement

Just down the road a bit (towards Princes St.) is the Red Squirrel. In the other direction, The Blackbird is nice (patio out the back) and if you like old-man-type-pubs, Bennetts across the road is nice. The Pear Tree has a great beer garden, though you're probably better to wait until the summer to check that one out (it's the other side of the meadows, just off Nicholson St, can't remember the name of the road its on).

Just thought I'd throw out some good pubs for you to check out if you haven't come across them already!

Thanks a mil :) Bennetts is down the road from us & already on the list.

If anyone fancies going for a pint at any point, please feel free to post here as well. It'd be great to meet up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jeremiah's Taproom is also on my list of places to hit, not least because of this deal. Also, this notion of a Sunday evening pub quiz has me tempted. I'm also open to suggestion for any quizzes elsewhere that are good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lebowskis on morrison street is a decent wee boozer too.

Teuchters is hands down my favourite though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I go between Glasgow and Edinburgh, may be able to make it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Gordon wrote: »
    I go between Glasgow and Edinburgh, may be able to make it.

Let either of us know next time you're around Edinburgh and have time to go for a drink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hey all, recently moved up this way, slowly but surely settling in, great city! Anyone know if there's anything half decent going on for Halloween?
    Also keen for pub quizzing if anyone is up for getting a team going!

Advertisement