Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus info required please

Options
  • 20-09-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hey all, can anyone outline the best Dublin Bus options from Malahide Road to the City Centre and vice versa.
    I have a dislike for Dublin Bus maps. They never seem to be set out in a straight forward manner. Definitely not as straight forward as the luas or dart.
    Any local knowledge to help out here will be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

All buses through the Malahide road go through the city centre.

I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gooddarts10

Hey all, can anyone outline the best Dublin Bus options from Malahide Road to the City Centre and vice versa.
    I have a dislike for Dublin Bus maps. They never seem to be set out in a straight forward manner. Definitely not as straight forward as the luas or dart.
    Any local knowledge to help out here will be great. Thanks!

15 goes direct the Claire Hall end to cc 27 goes via prierswood northside shopping center and on to cc 14 joins at donnycarney church and on to cc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Birneybau wrote: »
    All buses through the Malahide road go through the city centre.

I'm open to correction.

Depends what part of the Malahide road it is (it's a long road).

For the most part, every bus goes to/via the city centre. The 104 to Clontarf is an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Sorry, show's my lack of knowledge of the area. I'll be looking for a bus from around Graingers pub near Griffith Avenue into the city centre and then a bus later on from the city centre back out to the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Along the Malahide Road you have the following routes that go directly via Fairview and Amiens Street:

Routes 14, 15 and 27 are cross-city, operating via Amiens Street, Eden Quay and then the 14 and 15 continue via Nassau Street, Kildare Street, St Stephen's Green and further south, while the 27 continues via Dame Street and Lower Edward Street.

Routes 27a and 27b will take you to Eden Quay

Routes 42 and 43 will leave you to Talbot Street (east side of Gardiner Street).

From Griffith Avenue, the 123 operates via Marino and Summerhill to O'Connell Street and Dame Street (cross-city to Walkinstown).

Use the National Journey Planner at www.a-b.ie or download the Journey Planner app.

There is a map for key routes here:
    http://www.networknoel.com/upload/files/1410128807_tcd.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There is a bus stop outside Graingers, any bus from there will bring you to the city centre.

From the city centre the 14, 15, 27, 27a, 27b, 42, 43 will bring you back to Graingers. You can them from Eden Quay, Busaras, or Aimens Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Thanks all for ye're help on the day!

Advertisement