Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Sit In' Locations With Wi-Fi In The City

Options
  • 20-09-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to pop down to the City to do a bit of work next week, so I was wondering if there was anywhere in the city you could recommend where I can pop in to get a cup of coffee in the morning and avail of their Wi-Fi to send some emails?

In addition to that, is there anywhere in the city where I could sit down for an hour and plug in a laptop charger to do some work? A library etc? I'd have no issue buying some lunch or paying a fee etc to avail of the facility.

Many thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Kazbar offers free WI-FI and does open in morning for breakfast. Could try the library too, but may have to sign up as a member

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

All the hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Cafe/restaurant upstairs in city square has free wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

The library has wifi, think if you ask you can use it as a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

mace maxol on both dunmore road and cork road have free wifi and seating area instore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

Mcdonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses.

Where is the library located may I ask? It's close to the Tower Hotel per Google Maps but even through street view I can't seem to find the exact building as I think the maps might be a outdated now since they were uploaded in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

Granary Cafe directly across the road from the bus station - best food, service and best coffee in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Paully D wrote: »

Where is the library located may I ask? It's close to the Tower Hotel per Google Maps but even through street view I can't seem to find the exact building as I think the maps might be a outdated now since they were uploaded in 2009.

That map is wrong, it's on lady lane.

http://librarybuildings.ie/googleMap.aspx?X=52.2596&Y=-7.11109&Caption=Waterford%20City%20Council%20Central%20Library%20Library,%20Lady%20Lane,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Paully D wrote: »

Exit Tower Hotel, turn left, walk up to traffic lights, turn right then left, walk up to the top of street, Library is on your right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Exit tower hotel go up to SECOND set of traffic lights (about 150 meters up the road) then continue as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

twistables wrote: »
    Exit tower hotel go up to SECOND set of traffic lights (about 150 meters up the road) then continue as above

If your going to be that pedantic about it its actually the THIRD set of traffic lights :P

Advertisement