Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to "The Bridge"

Options
  • 20-09-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks, I've arranged to meet somebody important at a bar/pub called "The Bridge" in the city centre. My only problem is that I have no idea how to get there as I've never been and I can't find it on google maps for the life of me. I have no number for him either.
    I was given this drawing and it's all I have really so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it:

http:// i48. photobucket. com /albums/f248/AleeOh/20140920_112648_zpsf55bd052.jpg
    (Remove the spaces and put it in your browser)

The drawing of a beer is supposed to be "The Bridge", ignore the wee man, and I'm not sure what the Connelly Town marker is for. I was told to go about 1.5/2km up from the top of O' Connell street and take the right at a cross roads (?) and that "The Bridge" would be on that street.

Once again, if you can offer any help, I'd massively appreciate it as I don't want to miss this meeting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Good possibility that you seek 'The Cross Guns Pub" at Cross Guns Bridge in Glasnevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I'm guessing its the bridge in Summerhill.

6 Summerhill Parade
    Dublin 1

http://goo.gl/maps/IeTAq

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AleeOh

Thanks so much Dionysius2 and Random_Name, I'll be checking them both out but I think it's probably the one in Summerhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anybody important enough should have given you proper directions... Be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Is it Sean OBriens new pub in Ballsbridge. Its called The Bridge 1859. Opens next thurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It could be the place on Westmoreland Street, where Bewleys was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

antodeco wrote: »
    It could be the place on Westmoreland Street, where Bewleys was?
    Remember the christmas party there in 99?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Remember the christmas party there in 99?

Yeah, that was kinda mental. I only remember parts of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

AleeOh wrote: »
    Hi folks, I've arranged to meet somebody important at a bar/pub called "The Bridge" in the city centre. My only problem is that I have no idea how to get there as I've never been and I can't find it on google maps for the life of me. I have no number for him either.
    I was given this drawing and it's all I have really so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it:

http:// i48.photobucket.com /albums/f248/AleeOh/20140920_112648_zpsf55bd052.jpg

The drawing of a beer is supposed to be "The Bridge", ignore the wee man, and I'm not sure what the Connelly Town marker is for. I was told to go about 1.5/2km up from the top of O' Connell street and take the right at a cross roads (?) and that "The Bridge" would be on that street.

Once again, if you can offer any help, I'd massively appreciate it as I don't want to miss this meeting.

Hi OP,
    Going by your directions I'm going to presume it's a bar that I used to drink in that was called the Bridge a few years ago but is now called Sullivans bar (I was there on Friday).

If you head up O'connell street and cross O'connell bridge the street splits into a triangle (the crossroads I presume)

The left hand street is D'Olier street the right hand is Westmoreland street.
    The bridge used to be located in the basement of Bewleys as a previous poster stated but both are now closed.

Sullivan's bar is where Bewlys was on street level.
    Hopre this helps.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=ze1hiNdrG-kg.kZoyUelb_Xqc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sounds like 'down' O'Connell Street to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

stmol32 wrote: »
    Hi OP,
    Going by your directions I'm going to presume it's a bar that I used to drink in that was called the Bridge a few years ago but is now called Sullivans bar (I was there on Friday).

Hi Pedantic Peter here :P

It was always O'Sullivans. The Bridge bar was down the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

antodeco wrote: »
    Yeah, that was kinda mental. I only remember parts of it!
    I still have photos from the night

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Hi Pedantic Peter here :P

It was always O'Sullivans. The Bridge bar was down the stairs.

Cheers for that.

I'm also a pedantic fecker and if I read a post and absolutely knew there was a mistake I probably wouldn' be able to sleep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

The Ha'penny Bridge Inn has always been known as "The Bridge"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ArseBurger wrote: »

Has it? I always hear it referred to simply as The Ha'Penny as opposed to The Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

AleeOh wrote: »

http:// i48. photobucket. com /albums/f248/AleeOh/20140920_112648_zpsf55bd052.jpg

I was told to go about 1.5/2km up from the top of O' Connell street and take the right at a cross roads (?) and that "The Bridge" would be on that street.
    That should be on Dorset Street, up from the top of O'Connell Street and turn right at a cross roads, less than 1.5km though. But definitely not D'Olier Street or Ballsbridge :))
    There is The Temple pub on the corner of Dorset St and Temple St, couldn't think any bridge around.

http://www.templepub.com/location.php

547.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ArseBurger wrote: »

Have never, ever heard that.

Advertisement