Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found iPhone Phoenix Park

Options
  • 20-09-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Found an iPhone on grass near papal cross after the half marathon today. No service on phone so not receiving calls. PM me details of the screen saver to arrange a return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Any chance you could ring a number like home, mam, dad on your own phone to try organise reuniting it with the owner. Well done for trying to return it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

66_Lad wrote: »
    Found an iPhone on grass near papal cross after the half marathon today. No service on phone so not receiving calls. PM me details of the screen saver to arrange a return.

I'm not being smart but you really should hand it to the Gardai. It may have been involved in a crime for all you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

desbrook wrote: »
    I'm not being smart but you really should hand it to the Gardai. It may have been involved in a crime for all you know.

Assault and battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I imagine its blacklisted if it wont receive calls or texts. The best thing to do is bring it to a Garda station and make sure its logged. You get a number from the system when its logged and if its not returned to the owner, its yours in I think 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

hfallada wrote: »
    I imagine its blacklisted if it wont receive calls or texts. The best thing to do is bring it to a Garda station and make sure its logged. You get a number from the system when its logged and if its not returned to the owner, its yours in I think 6 months

Exactly. I'd be surprised if it's not stolen. Let the Gaurds have the knowledge of where you found it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

desbrook wrote: »
    Exactly. I'd be surprised if it's not stolen. Let the Gaurds have the knowledge of where you found it etc.

Thanks all. Had called the PP rangers also and they advised the same so dropped into guard station on way home...hope they can trace it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

which garda station? I lost a 4s close to that part of the park but it was earlier in the summer , I wonder if its in lost&found somewhere still, rather than being used by someone

my phone was in airplane mode so wasnt able to make or receive calls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

finder keepers losers weepers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

braddun wrote: »

Expect Apple can now blacklist it, that you can barely use it

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

hfallada wrote: »
    Expect Apple can now blacklist it, that you can barely use it

Nope they can't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

braddun wrote: »

Another upstanding contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Nope they can't

The networks can with the IMEI number though. Pretty sure apple can block it, not 100% on that

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Post in the athletics forum..you never know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

When I last a phone, last port of call was the Garda as I don't think they put much effort into finding the owner, more the owner contacting them.

I popped out the Sim Card and depending on the operator e-mailed them with my contact details and the sim card number stating I would hold it for 3/4 days before handing over to the Garda.

Advertisement