Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Man - Washing Machine

Options
  • 20-09-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Our machine is starting to make an awful racket, I've had a good look and can't find owt wrong with it - so before I break something the wife said I should check to see if anyone knows of a repair man ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Don't know a repair man in that corner of the country, but if the racket is when it's spinning then likely that the bearing is gone. It's a big enough job labour wise so unless the machine is new or a very premium make, you might be better off replacing it.

You can check the bearing by moving the drum by hand and feeling for any roughness as it rotates and also, if you check for any vertical movement in the drum by lifting it at the front of the machine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Junior wrote: »
    Lads,

Our machine is starting to make an awful racket, I've had a good look and can't find owt wrong with it - so before I break something the wife said I should check to see if anyone knows of a repair man ?

Cheers

This guy advertises in Waterford today every week, he fixed a fridge for my sister last year, she had no bother with him as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

My tumble drier went last month and I rang Mick Pender and left a message on his voice mail and he never got back so forget him ..
    I had a sticker on the machine saying ring this number to activate your 5 year parts Guarantee so I rang the number 01-2300233 to see did I register when I bought it 3 years ago turned out I didn't but it didn't mater as they took my details and sent a guy out for €116 and its fixed.
    That was for a hotpoint machine but my washing machine is Zanusi and they have the same sticker with a different number.. So have you a sticker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

Got great guy to fix my washing machine called "fix my appliance.ie" was very reasonable and came day after I called

Advertisement