Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corporate box experience?

• 20-09-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭

yesss, got a freebie to one for the match tomorrow. never been before, whats the story with grub, beer etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicepoint

yesss, got a freebie to one for the match tomorrow. never been before, whats the story with grub, beer etc?

You still pay for food and drink if u think that's free. You get your pints in a glass tho and order ur food off menu. There is a fridge in box tho so bring in your own beer if u can manage it. Great experience tho as u will have a tellie to view analysis and sharing with just 14 others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

nicepoint wrote: »
    You still pay for food and drink if u think that's free. You get your pints in a glass tho and order ur food off menu. There is a fridge in box tho so bring in your own beer if u can manage it. Great experience tho as u will have a tellie to view analysis and sharing with just 14 others.

Not necessarily; depends on what company box does it not? Have had it twice, once I had to pay and once I got the stuff free with a different group. Last time was last year and it was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Was there for a Leinster final many years ago. 03 or 04. Loads of suits knocking around with no interest in the game. Might not be the same for you though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Had Ard Comhairle tickets for the ladies final last year, ended up in the stand - even if I was offered the tickets, I wouldn't take them. Very boring - just suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

You will enjoy it. Depends on corporate RE food n drink. Could be free, might have to put hand in pocket.

Most others be there for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

You will enjoy it. Depends on corporate RE food n drink. Could be free, might have to put hand in pocket.

Most others be there for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Go up, get your free programme, pretend you've vertigo and get a decent seat below with the proletariat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Friend of mine was in a box for the hurling final and every thing was free. Think it depends on who own the box. In his case, it was a Centra junket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

nicepoint wrote: »

Geez if I wanted a TV, I'd stay at home. Part of what makes going to the match for me is analysing the match myself with other supporters, particularly ones I dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Geez if I wanted a TV, I'd stay at home. Part of what makes going to the match for me is analysing the match myself with other supporters, particularly ones I dont know.

think they are talking more about before the game, at half time and after the game.

very few people would be in the box itself during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

very few people would be in the box itself during the game.

You'd think that alright...i was lucky enough to be in a box for the Kerry Donegal game in 2012. Again, brought money expecting nothing to be free and the drink was all free.

But it was on the same time as Andy Murray was in the Olympic final if i recall and me and the missus were the only people out watching the game bar some Kildare lad crying into his pint.

Great experience but not as good an atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Good day out. Arrived in about 1.30, sat down for 3 course lunch, minor match was on the TV but was a bit confusing, it was 6/7 seconds behind the actual game so the crowd noise told you what was happening. Lunch was grand, smoked salmon, beef fillet, dessert, free wine and beer all day. Complimentary programmes and newspapers. No problem bringing drinks out to our seats. Snacks served at full time. Grand way to watch the game if you're a neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Good day out. Arrived in about 1.30, sat down for 3 course lunch, minor match was on the TV but was a bit confusing, it was 6/7 seconds behind the actual game so the crowd noise told you what was happening. Lunch was grand, smoked salmon, beef fillet, dessert, free wine and beer all day. Complimentary programmes and newspapers. No problem bringing drinks out to our seats. Snacks served at full time. Grand way to watch the game if you're a neutral.

this is all down to the company who owns the box to be honest! they'd pay a fair whack extra for that, on top of what theyve already paid for the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

this is all down to the company who owns the box to be honest! they'd pay a fair whack extra for that, on top of what theyve already paid for the box.

Actually it was a mate who bought a hospitality package for the box, 4 tickets but i would have thought all boxes were the same, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Had Ard Comhairle tickets for the ladies final last year, ended up in the stand - even if I was offered the tickets, I wouldn't take them. Very boring - just suits
    The idea of wearing a suit as a spectator to a sporting event (even with the intention of conducting business) is frankly bizarre and screams of self importance, not that you'll hear much actual screaming in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I was in a certain insurance company's box for a semi-final a few years ago and the so called "suits" all turned up in standard enough match gear and were as down to earth, vocal and passionate about the games as us muck savages were. I was a little apprehensive beforehand about it but it ended up being great craic with free beer and finger food thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicepoint

Of course I meant before/Half time and after match, i love hearing what Brolly has to say ,albiet i probably never agree with it!!!

Advertisement