Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the beginning of the end?

• 20-09-2014 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Got my hair cut at a barbers recently and as she was tidying up around my ears she did something I've never experienced before. She stuck the shaver into my ear and trimmed my ear hair. And it shook me to my very core. Is this the second "hair in strange places" phase? Is it all downhill from here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

When I lived in Prague I had an American barber. He always finished off with the ear hairs. He lit what looked like an over-sized cotton bud after placing some alcohol on it and then flashed it by the ear. It worked but was pretty unnerving the first time he did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I thought you were going to say she stuck her tongue in your ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

aujopimur wrote: »
    I thought you were going to say she stuck her tongue in your ear.

That would be the end of the beginning!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yes.

Nose hair too, but I suppose those are easier to spot.

I had a barber suggest they do my eyebrows. Wh?? I said go ahead they're the expert after all. But now I find I check my eyebrows in the mirror, and worse, I've found a few stray hairs that needed cutting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I've had the "Will I do the eyebrows? " question asked at the end of a haircut. Was a bit taken aback the first time.

I don't go to that barber anymore, but I actually miss the old eyebrow trim now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Was asked once if I did my eyebrows but it was in a salon and I didn't know if it was a thing men generally did. What do they do just shave off the stragglers ?

Was asked once if I did my eyebrows but it was in a salon and I didn't know if it was a thing men generally did. What do they do just shave off the stragglers ?

Stragglers I think. Supposedly its something we should be doing according to my better half, she seemed horrified that I was dismissing the practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was a regular customer of a turkish barber a few years ago. First time l encountered the flaming torch for the ear hairs and trimming of the eyebrows. Bit of a shock alright the first time. Saw a fellow getting his eyebows threaded there once. They'd give you a neck and shoulder massage with an electric gadget too. The irish barbers are upping their game a bit since.
    I'm developing the hairy ears now too. My father would get the mother to trim his an odd sunday morning before mass. Was comical to witness.

Was a regular customer of a turkish barber a few years ago.

From the land of the Unibrow. :) they should be the ones to trust. Or maybe not.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

InTheTrees wrote: »
    From the land of the Unibrow. :) they should be the ones to trust. Or maybe not.

:eek:

Dead on. The place made the national headlines a few years ago when a woman was found dead in a flat upstairs. Had been stabbed to death. I think she was going out with one of the staff. The thought of a cutthroat being used to trim my hair gave me the collywobbles after that. Gave up going there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Black sabbath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Black sabbath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yes.

Nose hair too, but I suppose those are easier to spot.

I had a barber suggest they do my eyebrows. Wh?? I said go ahead they're the expert after all. But now I find I check my eyebrows in the mirror, and worse, I've found a few stray hairs that needed cutting back.

I woke up one morning last yr with an inch long hair growing from my eyebrow.
    It was not there the night before!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'm not saying anyone else should do this but it works very well if you're careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Got my hair cut at a barbers recently and as she was tidying up around my ears she did something I've never experienced before. She stuck the shaver into my ear and trimmed my ear hair. And it shook me to my very core. Is this the second "hair in strange places" phase? Is it all downhill from here?

Wha?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement