Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you read the meaning of my bet ??

Options
  • 20-09-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I seldom go into bookies anymore as I do most of my betting online , but passing one last night I decided to do a small treble .The betting slip reads as such .......
    €10 win treble
    Bordeaux @1/2
    St Pats @ 2/5
    Patrick V St Mirren
    BTTS @11/10

I went to collect my " winnings " in a different store today and that's where the problems started . So I'd just like to know how would everyone else read my intended bet ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Patrick V St. Mirren

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

I see what you did there. Ooops.

Sorry , that's exactly as the bet was intended , when I went to collect this morning I was told that the price I took on BTTS was infact the price for them both NOT to score and that the bet was a loser ..... I argued the fact that I had written both teams to score !!!! But their insisting the bet is a loser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Sorry , that's exactly as the bet was intended , when I went to collect this morning I was told that the price I took on BTTS was infact the price for them both NOT to score and that the bet was a loser ..... I argued the fact that I had written both teams to score !!!! But their insisting the bet is a loser

hope you took the docket back off them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

What price was the BTTS?

If it was close enough to 11/10 then you have a good case.

However , if it was significantly different then you are on dodgy ground.

• Advertisement

11/10 on btNts is huge odds

4/6 was the correct price on BTTS so bugger all in the differience , and yes I still have the docket . I called help line and they say that BTTS is just a market , and that you have to state yes or no ... My argument is when I say both teams to score that's exactly what I mean.....

4/6 was the correct price on BTTS so bugger all in the differience , and yes I still have the docket . I called help line and they say that BTTS is just a market , and that you have to state yes or no ... My argument is when I say both teams to score that's exactly what I mean.....

i have a docket here that the dude in the shop wrote out in paddy powers today

he just wrote btts , no yes or no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I read both teams to score as yes

Paddy is sticking to his guns on this one and insisting that I meant both teams not to score ?? I asked would they not consider splitting the bet but there's no compromise. The total winnings would have come to €44 so not a kings ransom , so what started out as a small treble has now become a matter of princable for me , I easily put a grand a year through my online account but f@:k you Paddy there's pleanty more bookies out there that would take my money, so PP account is now closed. Just be aware if you do bet in any PP shops be careful how you write your dockets as BTTS doesn't mean both teams to score !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I always thought selection takes precedence over price?
    What happens when the coupon prices change and people write the teams to win with those odds?
    It will get settled at the current odds in the system.

The prices of BTTS or not will always depend on the match odds so where a team is 1/5 to win, both teams not to score would be a much bigger price.
    6/4 W/D/W pick them would be close to 5/6 both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I would guess Online and shop accounts would be totally different.

Advertisement