Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage unfinished house

Options
  • 20-09-2014 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

My wife and I have good jobs and are able to get over 400k mortgage in principal so the amounts I'm talking about are fine

We are looking to buy an unfinished house for 155k. It's plastered etc and doesn't need much done . We reckon we would spend 100k extra on it which would include all furnishings

My question is - how do the bank value and calculate the ltv on this ? Is it based on pp or on pp plus cost of finish

We have 80k cash so would be looking for around 180k extra - would this b given up front like a normal mortgage ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Prob beed to get a valuation done on the property in terms of what the makret value of it is now and and what market value it would be worth on completion of the work you are going to do on it might have to engage in a architect/engineer depending on the scale of work that is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Prob beed to get a valuation done on the property in terms of what the makret value of it is now and and what market value it would be worth on completion of the work you are going to do on it might have to engage in a architect/engineer depending on the scale of work that is needed.

No structural work needed - only cosmetic and furnishings.

Would I have to pay for valuer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

mickman wrote: »
    No structural work needed - only cosmetic and furnishings.

Would I have to pay for valuer?

I would imagine it is not considered unfinished, It is doubtful you could get a mortgage for furniture, kitchen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

MouseTail wrote: »
    I would imagine it is not considered unfinished, It is doubtful you could get a mortgage for furniture, kitchen etc.

Ok thanks

Advertisement