Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing license - sea fishing

Options
  • 20-09-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭

Just got back into sea fishing. Do I need a license?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No. Unless you're after Sea Trout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

You should be aware of the bass regulations though before you set off , just in case. Taken from the IFI website....
    BASS

Bass Fishing Conservation S.I. NO. 826 OF 2007
    The effect of this Bye-law is to impose a bag limit on anglers of two bass in any one period of 24 hours and to provide for a ban on angling for bass during the spawning season (15th May to the 15th June).

Bass (Restriction on Sale) Order S.I. No. 367 of 2007
    The effect of this Order is to prohibit the sale or offer for sale of bass (other than bass which has been imported into the State) from 1st day of July to 30th day of June.

Note: Penalties for breach of the above laws include confiscation of tackle and heavy fines.

S.I. No. 230 of 2006 BASS (CONSERVATION OF STOCKS)
    The effect of S.I. No. 230 of 2006 BASS (CONSERVATION OF STOCKS) Regulations (http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/si/0230.html) is to prohibit fishing for, landing, transhipping or having on board bass by an Irish sea-fishing boat and to prohibit the use of nets.
    These Regulations also prescribe a minimum size of 40 centimetres for bass within the State. The Regulations came into effect from 9 May 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I see a restriction in May/June. Is there any other 'season' restrictions you need to be aware of while sea fishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Not really. As srameen mentioned, you need a licence for seatrout and they have a closed season too (generally Oct to Feb but that can vary slightly). And bass have the restrictions as per my post. Cant think of anything else really,unless another poster can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Boyne fisher

Fish to ur hearts content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fish to ur hearts content

Thank you, I will try. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭killintime

no an yes depending what yuor fishing for

Advertisement