Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloaded Firefox and now Chrome wont work

Options
  • 20-09-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Just downloaded firefox this week and soon as I did, Google Chrome wont open. Icon is still there but I click it and nothing happens. Tempted to just uninstall firefox. Anyone have another solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First, close down chrome completely in the task manager. The uninstall firefox, it's shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Uninstall firefox, it's shíte.

I know but I downloaded it cause of a firefox addon which allows me to download videos directly from youtube and it would be so useful for work, if it would just stop messing with Chrome.

Task manager says chrome isnt open, but when I tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome I couldnt because of open windows.. Very confusing and have no idea if that helps in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

There's more than likely an extension for chrome that will do what you need fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Google this program.... Iobit Uninstaller ( I can't post a link for it) its a more powerful uninstaller that the default one...Uninstall Chrome with this, run a powerful scan for any leftover files. Before you uninstall Chrome make sure to save your bookmarks first to a file so you can install them again. When Chrome is uninstalled reboot computer then reinstall Chrome and all should be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Both work on my pc , but you should shut down and re-start anyway.

Instead if uninstalling , try update

Thanks for all the advice. I had to go with the uninstall in the end because nothing was working. Randomly noticed that I couldnt log into Skype either. Never downloading firefox again!

jsa112 if you know of any chrome extensions that allow me to download videos directly from you tube, let me know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

aunt aggie wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice. I had to go with the uninstall in the end because nothing was working. Randomly noticed that I couldnt log into Skype either. Never downloading firefox again!

jsa112 if you know of any chrome extensions that allow me to download videos directly from you tube, let me know.

Firefox didn't cause your issue with Chrome or Skype. Possibly junkware or malware in the guise of a Youtube downloader broke it. I would run recommend running ADWCleaner.
    To download videos via Chrome try http://keepvid.com/

Nick

I uninstalled the downloader before uninstalling firefox and problem still wasnt fixed BUT whatever the issue its cleared up now. Thanks Nick.

Advertisement