Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a TV for PS4!!

Options
  • 21-09-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

So I'm in the market for a new TV pretty much for just gaming on a PS4 and Wii U and also for watching sports through a Sky+ HD box (Soccer and GAA).

I've seen the LG LB550V and it seems a decent price for an LED Tv but I've no idea if this will do the job I want it to do. I can't seem to find any helpful reviews on it and I want to find out what the input lag is one of these.

I know Sony's newest models are very good with regards to the low input lag but they are a bit for expensive and one of them is last resort!

Hopefully someone can help me out and tell me what this TV is like or point me in the direction of something better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

how much do you wanna spend and what size do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

cadete wrote: »
    how much do you wanna spend and what size do you want?

Probably 42" and under €500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

ive the 55" w900AA sony tv. bought it a year ago for around 1300 so in january it should be a decent price. after having it for a year its pure gold for gaming, watching movies & sports. if youre not too old your dad my go splits with you on it.

you wont get a better tv and before you say 4k tvs it will be the next gen at least before 4k gaming is supported on cnsoles. same with m st tv. although sport in proper 4k is sick. getthat tv now and your nex tv in 5 to 10 years will be a lovely 4k set!

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    ive the 55" w900AA sony tv. bought it a year ago for around 1300 so in january it should be a decent price. after having it for a year its pure gold for gaming, watching movies & sports. if youre not too old your dad my go splits with you on it.

you wont get a better tv and before you say 4k tvs it will be the next gen at least before 4k gaming is supported on cnsoles. same with m st tv. although sport in proper 4k is sick. getthat tv now and your nex tv in 5 to 10 years will be a lovely 4k set!

I know 4K won't kick off for a couple of years yet. Not enough content for it as of now.

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a bit big for me and I don't need 3D so need for me to pay for it. Not too fussed on the smart features either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Here's the cheapest tv shop in Ireland... Free delivery ,and its Irish.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/categories/TELEVISIONS/LED-televisions/

My brother bought a 48" Sammy 6400 last week and He's chuffed.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/products/SAMSUNG-UE48H6400-48-6-Series-3D-LED-TV-Smart-TV.html
    €900 in Curry's

Ohh...go for a Sammy or Sony. The LG's are known to have very slow response times for gaming...If you search online you will come accross test after test showing this fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Here's the cheapest tv shop in Ireland... Free delivery ,and its Irish.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/categories/TELEVISIONS/LED-televisions/

My brother bought a 48" Sammy 6400 last week and He's chuffed.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/products/SAMSUNG-UE48H6400-48-6-Series-3D-LED-TV-Smart-TV.html
    €900 in Curry's

Ohh...go for a Sammy or Sony. The LG's are known to have very slow response times for gaming...If you search online you will come accross test after test showing this fact.

Cheers for this, the site looks pretty good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sony W6. best input lag for any tv and freakishly slim

Yeah I've noticed that about the LG actually. I have a 2011 LCD LG in my living room and the input lag on that is only 16ms! Pity all TV's these days don't have that standard.

Is the site reliable? First I've every heard of it!

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Yeah I've noticed that about the LG actually. I have a 2011 LCD LG in my living room and the input lag on that is only 16ms! Pity all TV's these days don't have that standard.

Is the site reliable? First I've every heard of it!

CPI used to be a retailer in Leixlip . You can still actually phone them and talk to real people...imagine that ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79010879
    http://pricespy.ie/shop.php?f=19808
    http://www.adverts.ie/shops/computer-parts-ireland/

I have never heard of any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

http://www.tesco.com/direct/toshiba-48l1433db-48-inch-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview/510-9447.prd

48 inch tv tv add parcel motel cost should be in or around 500 euro
    just try to find the boxed dimensions online first, and call parcel motel to see how much it will cost to have it delivered or collected from a depot
    from parcel motel website
    A Samsung 46" Smart LED TV in its box measures 130 X 70 X 16 cm so the dimensional weigh is 48.5 kgs so the charge for this is €21.00 to collect and €31.50 to have delivered.

make a new account and on tesco direct and get an extra 10 pounds off TDX-TLX6

• Advertisement

CPI used to be a retailer in Leixlip . You can still actually phone them and talk to real people...imagine that ;)

I have never heard of any problems with them.

Cheers, that's brilliant!

I have my eye on the Sony W7 TV. Only €545 too!! It's €699 in Curry's!!

48 inch tv tv add parcel motel cost should be in or around 500 euro
    just try to find the boxed dimensions online first, and call parcel motel to see how much it will cost to have it delivered or collected from a depot
    from parcel motel website

make a new account and on tesco direct and get an extra 10 pounds off TDX-TLX6

Thanks for this! I'll look into it!

Cheers, that's brilliant!

I have my eye on the Sony W7 TV. Only €545 too!! It's €699 in Curry's!!

I'de go the extra €44 and get the w6 48"

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/products/SONY-BRAVIA-KDL%252d48W605B-%252d-48-%252d-LED-Smart-TV.html

:D

I'de go the extra €44 and get the w6 48"

:D

Is there much difference between the w6 and w7??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I use a w8 with mine and it's superb

Is there much difference between the w6 and w7??

The Sony's use Sammy panels for their lcd screens... The W7 probably has a few more software tweaks than the W6 ... but the panel is more than likely the same quality / type as the W7's . Normally with Sammy TV's ,the 6 series is normally the same panel as the top end 7-8 series , the difference is that the higher end models use expensive filter coating's to cut down on reflection ,after that its down to bells and whistles ...that your probably not pushed about anyway .

I'de take 48" over 42 any day :)

The Sony's use Sammy panels for their lcd screens... The W7 probably has a few more software tweaks than the W6 ... but the panel is more than likely the same quality / type as the W7's . Normally with Sammy TV's ,the 6 series is normally the same panel as the top end 7-8 series , the difference is that the higher end models use expensive filter coating's to cut down on reflection ,after that its down to bells and whistles ...that your probably not pushed about anyway .

I'de take 48" over 42 any day :)

Thanks very much! I'll need to make up my mind! Might as well go for the larger TV if there's no real differences except for the exterior!

I know 4K won't kick off for a couple of years yet. Not enough content for it as of now.

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a bit big for me and I don't need 3D so need for me to pay for it. Not too fussed on the smart features either!

i only use netflix on the tv but i bought it for the picture and not the features. If it's too expensive then that's that but you should check it out in the January sales and see if the price is low enough. If you have a look will you let me know how much it is?

i only use netflix on the tv but i bought it for the picture and not the features. If it's too expensive then that's that but you should check it out in the January sales and see if the price is low enough. If you have a look will you let me know how much it is?

Think I'm going to go ahead and get a 42" Sony W705. It's the perfect size for me and I found it at a great price!

Think I'm going to go ahead and get a 42" Sony W705. It's the perfect size for me and I found it at a great price!

how much was it? yeah that TV is great. Let me know how it looks with your PS4 and what games you tried on it. Some good graphical games would be killzone, assassins creed black flag, infamous second son, resogun, the last of us remastered, battlefield 4.

I've all of those and they look great. Driveclub coming out in just over a week looks phenomenal so if you are into racing games I recommend the and it's only 39 euro if you have PS plus and get the upgrade.

• Advertisement

how much was it? yeah that TV is great. Let me know how it looks with your PS4 and what games you tried on it. Some good graphical games would be killzone, assassins creed black flag, infamous second son, resogun, the last of us remastered, battlefield 4.

I've all of those and they look great. Driveclub coming out in just over a week looks phenomenal so if you are into racing games I recommend the and it's only 39 euro if you have PS plus and get the upgrade.

€545 on Computerpartsirelanddotcom. That's pretty cheap considering it's €699 in Currys!

Yeah my game collection is pretty limited. Hoping to get a good few more games before Christmas. I'll definitely be getting The Last of Us and Driveclub so I'll let you know when I have it all setup! :)

Good choice. Have fun with your new tv ;)

€545 on Computerpartsirelanddotcom. That's pretty cheap considering it's €699 in Currys!

Yeah my game collection is pretty limited. Hoping to get a good few more games before Christmas. I'll definitely be getting The Last of Us and Driveclub so I'll let you know when I have it all setup! :)

oh btw get metro redux. 2 games for €40. only play the first game and it's incredible graphically and in every other way. the first game 2033 in it was worth the €40 alone.

It's a post apocalypse survival game in the russian subway that's like a cross between fall out 3 and the last of us. highly recommend it. a hidden gem with very low sales!

oh btw get metro redux. 2 games for €40. only play the first game and it's incredible graphically and in every other way. the first game 2033 in it was worth the €40 alone.

It's a post apocalypse survival game in the russian subway that's like a cross between fall out 3 and the last of us. highly recommend it. a hidden gem with very low sales!

I'll have a look into that. May get it cheaper with all the other new releases coming up soon!

I'll have a look into that. May get it cheaper with all the other new releases coming up soon!

GTA 5 is coming out on PS4 next month but another similar game to GTA is sleeping dogs and it's out in the next day or two. If you've never played that game I recommend it.

Also try out the Free to Play game warframe. Free PSN download. It's not bad considering it's free!

Set yourself up american PSN account on your PS4. The games are much cheaper and can be played on your EU account if you ever buy them digital. Only thing is it's hard to get money on it. Either you need a credit card with a US billing adress or get someone in the US to buy you American PSN cards. Woth considering if it's an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

GTA 5 is coming out on PS4 next month but another similar game to GTA is sleeping dogs and it's out in the next day or two. If you've never played that game I recommend it.

Also try out the Free to Play game warframe. Free PSN download. It's not bad considering it's free!

Set yourself up american PSN account on your PS4. The games are much cheaper and can be played on your EU account if you ever buy them digital. Only thing is it's hard to get money on it. Either you need a credit card with a US billing adress or get someone in the US to buy you American PSN cards. Woth considering if it's an option for you.

Or setup a fake us address and buy of amazon us with your irish credit card worked for me with fifa

Or setup a fake us address and buy of amazon us with your irish credit card worked for me with fifa

i didn't want to do that incase they were to find out.

I've 2 people in the US buying them for m in shops and I pay them back with paypal.

Advertisement