Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking flights

Options
  • 21-09-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it works out dearer to pre book flights in advance at Dublin airport for the states. Well be in Dublin during the week and I was thinking of going to the aerlingus desk to pre book flights for November

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What do you mean by prebook?

Are you not just booking??

And would you not just do it online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

amdublin wrote: »
    What do you mean by prebook?

Are you not just booking??

And would you not just do it online now?

Ya I mean book the flights. Prefer to pay cash if I could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Why? I'm fairly sure the cheapest rates are to be found online. Not that they will be cheap at this point (2 months before intended departure).

Its just under 500 euro for a 3 week holiday

If you prefer to pay by cash. You could go to a travel agents, and they would check a few different airlines for you.
    But whatever happens, the cheapest way is online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd take a guess that the only way to pay cash would be through a travel agent ?
    Well be in Dublin during the week and I was thinking of going to the aerlingus desk to pre book flights for November

There's no need to go to Dublin Airport to buy tickets to fly from Dublin Airport. Not sure if you even could buy tickets except for same day departures?

Skyscanner have been emailing me with stop over prices at 403 if anyone what's known that.
    Last time we flew home with KLM through delta and a very small plane. Don't fancy the stopovers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

cena wrote: »
    Skyscanner have been emailing me with stop over prices at 403 if anyone what's known that.
    Last time we flew home with KLM through delta and a very small plane. Don't fancy the stopovers again

If you fly with anyone by aerlingus, you'll be flying on a 757 which is long and narrow and in all honesty..a horrible plane to fly on for anything longer than 3 hours (though as the brother of a pilot..perfectly safe)

The best prices you're going to get are with the aerlingus website or one of the other consolidators like ebookers/ skyscanner.

Paying in cash is a false economy, and in reality...pointless. Card is the way to go...the governments/airlines already know more than enough about you..paying with debit/credit won't make any difference.

If you fly with anyone by aerlingus, you'll be flying on a 757 which is long and narrow and in all honesty..a horrible plane to fly on for anything longer than 3 hours (though as the brother of a pilot..perfectly safe)

The best prices you're going to get are with the aerlingus website or one of the other consolidators like ebookers/ skyscanner.

Paying in cash is a false economy, and in reality...pointless. Card is the way to go...the governments/airlines already know more than enough about you..paying with debit/credit won't make any difference.
    What you mean the government and airline know enough about me already??

I used AERLINGUS that first time I went to the states, didn't find it that small.
    The air France plane we got from Paris was hugh last time. Would love that plane again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

cena wrote: »
    What you mean the government and airline know enough about me. I used AERLINGUS that first time I went to the states

ESTA/US government has you name, birthdate, citizenship, address. They'll have your fingerprints and photo as soon as you enter the country
    airlines have your name address etc

if anyone wanted to steal your identity, they could do it from all that - paying with your card is more secure for you. Also, either paying someone (a travel agent) to book a flight for you and paying in cash, or going out of your way to go to the airport seems pointless.

• Advertisement

ESTA/US government has you name, birthdate, citizenship, address. They'll have your fingerprints and photo as soon as you enter the country
    airlines have your name address etc

if anyone wanted to steal your identity, they could do it from all that - paying with your card is more secure for you. Also, either paying someone (a travel agent) to book a flight for you and paying in cash, or going out of your way to go to the airport seems pointless.

I get you. I thought you meant the Irish government.
    Last time I did the finger print scanner thing it came up that they where looking for someone with the same name as me. I had to be rescanned a few times to make sure.

Advertisement