Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - problem with housemates

Options
  • 21-09-2014 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just looking for advice really. Im living in a house with a friend of mine and a guy that moved in 3 months ago who brings ramdoms girls home every weekend here in waterford. Last Saturday night my two housemates (best friend lets call her sinead and new housemate lets call him james) were drinking while I was watching a movie with my boyfriend. They barged into my room as a so called joke. James began shouting vile remarks to me about what he'd like to do to me in bed and passed a smart comment to my boyfriend. They then stormed out of my room.
    I was having a chat with sinead during the weekand mementioned I'd be moving in with my boyfriend in June..just two friends having a chat. Sinead ran home and told james that I wss moving out next month and added alot of lies to the story..yes this is my friend of 10 years. I knew he was a bit off with me when I got home so I asked her did she tell him she said she did and I said I didn't think it was her place we were two friends having a catch up etc. Anyway they went off out that evening and came home around 9 or so. They both came into the sitting room and james started asking me why o was moving out and how dare I say he wasn't to be told (yes she carried that back too). He also mentioned he rang the landlord I tried explaining that it wouldn't be until June/july next year and he just lost it. I removed myself from the situation and left the house. I came back the next morning but all 3 of us don't speak now.

what would you do? would you stay on living here and ignoring them or just look elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Look elsewhere. Sounds like ridiculous, childish drama.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ring the landlord.
    Explain the situation.
    Advise that your relationship with your co-tenants has now broken down irrevocably (through no fault of your own).
    Your 'friend' sounds like a right little drama queen- while her actions have been little short of vile- on the brightside- at least you now see her true colours.

Start looking elsewhere immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dollhouse2014

Thanks yes you think you know your best friend. I really love living here aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dollhouse2014

Hi all

When I leave I only have to notify the landlord. Do I have to notify them or can I just find someone myself for the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Time to get new friends.
    Its just not a mature reaction/conversation to have with a house mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

It depends on the house. I had to replace myself in my house with someone that the housemates were happy with- some landlords just want anyone regardless of the other housemates.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Hi all,
    Last Saturday night my two housemates (best friend lets call her sinead and new housemate lets call him james) were drinking while I was watching a movie with my boyfriend. They barged into my room as a so called joke. James began shouting vile remarks to me about what he'd like to do to me in bed and passed a smart comment to my boyfriend. They then stormed out of my room.

How does this not lead to a fight? How is your boyfriend comfortable with you living with a guy who just told him to his and your faces what he wants to do to you? And then mocked him afterwards?

Move out as soon as you can.

Advertisement