Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network coverage?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Thinkin Of changing my network which is meteor ever since my signal went awful in my home, but infareness they juat cannot be beating on price of their offers!

3 is the nearest best deals but I want to know what people think of 3s network coverage, dose it lag ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try a prepay sim before moving. No other way of testing.

Coverage varies depending on where you are and it's very hard to generalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

based on my colleagues' feedback, Vodafone has the best 3G coverage, followed by Three, but Three has much better deals (e.g. unlimited data).
    I had horrible coverage with Meteor and will never use them again.

Three and O2 coverage will merge this year too which might give them the best footprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Anyone have any feedback of tesco mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

I have Tescomobile, it uses the O2 network, but my phone is crap and I don't use it for the internet, so I wouldn't know about 3G...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I find Tesco mobile very good, They work off the o2 network,but are way cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've used them all and tbh they vary from place to place.
    You need to check in your locale, particularly if you're not in a city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Up until recently, I would have said Three was the best network, But lately , its just gone to hell. I have a feeling its something to do with the O2 merger, as Normally when I run out of 3 coverage , My phone would roam on to Vodafone. (have handy app that shows what network your using) :this seems to be happening less and less lately.. Eg Normally at home, phone would always be on Voda, but since Monday Ive no coverage (on any of my phones):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Hard to generalise, but I've been with them all and Vodafone are miles ahead. Three are a nightmare in places with the dropping to Edge issue.

Big upgrade of 3 and O2 looks likely in the coming months. They've just signed a deal with Nokia to pretty much rebuild their 2G and 3G infrastructure and integrate O2 with 3.

I'd suspect 3 customers will be using O2 infrastructure very soon with full fallback onto 2G including EDGE rather than Vodafone national roaming agreements as the company now owns a full service network rather than just 3G

The 4G gear seems to be Samsung built for now anyway.

Three also has rolled out 3G on 900Mhz which, if your handset supports it, would mean much better coverage in rural areas and indoors on 3G.

It seems likely that they'll have excellent coverage as the two networks merge their infrastructure.

At present O2 and 3 are still two completely separate networks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I've only ever been with Vodafone, so I can't compare, but I've always been happy with their coverage, I've gotten 3G in some very rural spots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That's true about 3. They will have a great network in time. But it will be 2 years before it's finished. I really have found them awful indoors the past few years. Always dropping to E. Ugh.

I'm finding dramatic improvement on indoor coverage as 900MHz UMTS seems to be on air.

Advertisement