Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a 1.1 into GPA

Options
  • 21-09-2014 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the incorrect section, but thought this would be a good place to ask. I'm applying for a job in Ireland with an American company, and have to do so online through their website. Unfortunately, since they're American I have to provide my college score in the form of GPA.
    I'm receiving a 1.1 for my graduation, having an average of 73.50%.
    What I was wondering is how exactly do I convert my score into GPA. Never came across it in college. I found this useful table from NUIG (http://nuiginternational.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/making-the-grade/) that gives rough equivalents, but it also states that no single definitive system for converting exists.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Blue Badger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The website is right, there's no official way to do it. Generally a 4.0 is the highest though some schools will use higher scales or award additional credit which will throw students over the 4.0 limit.

Mine was 3.69 coming back from the US and that was equated to a high 2:1 on graduation.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Blue Badger

Thanks pow wow, I just gave up on finding anyway of converting it and emailed the company instead!

Advertisement