Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorized valve

• 21-09-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently had the heating controls upgraded and now the zones up and downstairs are interlocked via the zone valves with the boiler. To finish the job I need to replace the valve feeding the hot water cylinder. It is a TRV type with a stat on the cylinder so simply stops the water flow but not the boiler. The sparks has wired to allow for a MV and interlock on the HW circuit so I just need to fit it and call him back. Can someone recommend a valve and stat and give me a ball park for how much they'll cost and where to pick them up?

Also any idea of the size of pipe for a standard water feed to the attic tank? Is it 1/2" ? It's just the black plastic piping. I need to replace the ball valve as it sticks open or closed occasionally requiring trip to the attic to sort it out.

Thanks in advance!
    nb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I recently had the heating controls upgraded and now the zones up and downstairs are interlocked via the zone valves with the boiler. To finish the job I need to replace the valve feeding the hot water cylinder. It is a TRV type with a stat on the cylinder so simply stops the water flow but not the boiler. The sparks has wired to allow for a MV and interlock on the HW circuit so I just need to fit it and call him back. Can someone recommend a valve and stat and give me a ball park for how much they'll cost and where to pick them up?

Also any idea of the size of pipe for a standard water feed to the attic tank? Is it 1/2" ? It's just the black plastic piping. I need to replace the ball valve as it sticks open or closed occasionally requiring trip to the attic to sort it out.

Thanks in advance!
    nb

Just get the same mv as you put on the heating circuit and a cylinder stat .
    And it's 1/2" hydrodare but takes 3/4" compression fittings because of the wall thickness of the pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

The mv's where already there just the aux contact wasn't connected so they just controlled the zone and weren't interlocked. I just had the sparks run the extra wires to use the aux contacts and interlock the boiler. The existing ones are Danfoss and I can find 22mm versions online. Will these do with a 3/4" olive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

n0brain3r wrote: »
    The mv's where already there just the aux contact wasn't connected so they just controlled the zone and weren't interlocked. I just had the sparks run the extra wires to use the aux contacts and interlock the boiler. The existing ones are Danfoss and I can find 22mm versions online. Will these do with a 3/4" olive?

You could get the sauter mv , they're handy because the actuator is plugged in to the lead, so when replacing in the future there is no wiring involved. cost about €50 and have a 5 year warranty. Get them in any heat merchants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Great I'll give them a shout tomorrow.I found these guys too and pricing seems ok www.plumbingproducts.ie anyone ever used them?

Advertisement