Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking exams

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

HI, Anyone know if you have to be working for a bank to do the banking exams? If not can you tell me where i go to do them or apply for them. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Depends on what exams you are talking about, but for the lower level ones, the answer is no. However, by working in a financial institute, A) your employer will typically pay for the exams and annual subscription fee and B) you will have valuable experience so what you are learning is not so much theoretical, but based on practical experience/knowledge as well.

For more info, see here:

http://www.iob.ie/?q=Republic_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

Most banks require their staff to be Qualified Financial Advisors (QFA) but as previously stated, the bank will pay for them.

https://www.lia.ie/course/professional-diploma-in-financial-advice-qfa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Normally basic jobs in the bank do not require exams. But if you want a career in high street bank they are needed. As stated the bank will pay your membership and one sitting of the exam. Books can be extra but the online IOB stuff is great. I do have gripes with the system but sure there is feck all you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Back in the good old days the bank would pay you to do the exams, I remember doing the QFA solely for the €1,300 bonus :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement