Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clock stopped on Flash Programmer timer -simply replace?

• 21-09-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Our timer for the boiler is 7 years old, in the last month the clock has stopped a few times.
    Yesterday it stopped completely.
    Do we just need to replace with a new one? Or is it more complicated?
    Could anyone recommend the cheapest place to get one if it is just a matter of replacing.
    I've attached photos of unit, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Hi
    Our timer for the boiler is 7 years old, in the last month the clock has stopped a few times.
    Yesterday it stopped completely.
    Do we just need to replace with a new one? Or is it more complicated?
    Could anyone recommend the cheapest place to get one if it is just a matter of replacing.
    I've attached photos of unit, thanks.

Just buy the exact same one in heat merchants and clip it on to the old backplate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Egass13 wrote: »
    Just buy the exact same one in heat merchants and clip it on to the old backplate
    Perfect thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Egass13 wrote: »

Make sure power is OFF
    Metal prongs are also live.

I've put the timer unit back together so we can have heating from the 'Constant' option, but now the heating doesn't come on at all.
    Did I stop a circuit or something removing the unit from the wall?

Does anyone know how I can get the heating on again til I can get a new unit?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I've put the timer unit back together so we can have heating from the 'Constant' option, but now the heating doesn't come on at all.

Thanks

Yes it's pretty easy if you're competent to do so. Honestly mate leave it and get a sparks in cause you're playing with your life

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yes it's pretty easy if you're competent to do so. Honestly mate leave it and get a sparks in cause you're playing with your life

I'm far from competent so thanks for warning. That's a pain tho, so now I have to pay for new unit and electrician to fit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm far from competent so thanks for warning. That's a pain tho, so now I have to pay for new unit and electrician to fit it.

Better safe than sorry.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Better safe than sorry.

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks

I have the exact same unit, and the clock has gone on it also.
    You look at the bottom left hand corner, there is a small dial with a 0 and 1.
    If you have the heating 'on', turn this dial to 1.
    Has worked for me before when the boiler doesn't come on.
    Thats presuming you haven't touched the wiring or made other adjustments.

Advertisement