Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table of Contents Problem

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

Firstly, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - apologies in advance if not.

I have encountered a problem with my attempts to align text and numbers in my Table of Contents.

I am utterly clueless when it comes to such issues with Word 2010. If anyone here can offer any assistance with this issue, please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I'm not sure what you mean by aligning text and numbers? Are you using automated TOC or are you doing it manually? YouTube might be your best bet for a tutorial on the automated function.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Leopardi wrote: »
    I have encountered a problem with my attempts to align text and numbers in my Table of Contents.
    I'm not sure this is the best forum to post such a question, but you're going to need to provide a lot more detail if anyone's going to be able to help you.

May I suggest a screenshot?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sounds like your tab settings. (automatic TOC presumably?)

Right-click on the TOC, Edit field, scroll down to Table of Contents,
    Click table of contents
    Click Modify. It will show you a list - TOC1, TOC2 etc. Select one you want to change and click Modify.
    Go down to bottom and click Format
    Click Tabs.

By playing around here, you can set the tabs on your TOC. Set up your tabs and clear the rest you didnt set.
    A usual one set up might be:

1cm, Left Aligned, Leader None.
    17cm (or whatever your right margin is) Right Aligned, Leader 2
    Save and close.

Repeat for TOC2, TOC3 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Cheers for the replies - very much appreciated. I seem to have solved the issue now.

Advertisement