Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car emergency Kit

• 21-09-2014 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Lads, I have a b.day coming up and I was told to put him a survival kit together for his car. So say like a blanket if he ever crashed on a winters night, probably a torch too incase he breaks down at night so can see what hes doing, or a little GPS so if he needs to call for help he can tell them where he is etc....

Can anyone give me any recommendations of what all should be in a kit like this? Or what do you have in your kits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Small fire extinguisher
    First aid kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you live in the wilds of Northern Canada, a shotgun, in case of bear attack. If you're in Ireland, a good book to kill the hour or so it might take for the tow truck to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'd also consider a cheap drug dealer phone that you can just throw in the car and forget about, costs around 10-15 quid and they have battery life for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

endacl wrote: »
    If you live in the wilds of Northern Canada, a shotgun, in case of bear attack. If you're in Ireland, a good book to kill the hour or so it might take for the tow truck to arrive.

A fully charged iphone 6 for when he breaks down he can ring for help and entertain himself..failing that a first aid kit..triangle..hi viz jacket..led light torch and a hammer if he gets frightened down a country boreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I carry in my boot:
    - spare wheel & lift & nut key.
    - warning triangle
    - first aid kit
    - survival blanket
    - towing rope
    - jump leads
    - air compressor
    - puncture repair kit
    - accident kit (disposable camera, chalk, measuring tape, torch, accident drawing sketch)
    - spare bulbs & fuses

Additionally inside the car I have:
    - Emergency glass hammer
    - Hi Vis jackets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

GLOVES! You won't believe how dirty you get your hands changing a wheel. Even a couple of pairs of cheap green gardening gloves. Once of those extendable wheel braces (as the ones you get with the car as useless) and I snips for the cable ties (if he has wheel covers. I carry a can of tyre sealant and a set of jump leads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

CiniO wrote: »
    I carry in my boot:
    - warning triangle
    - first aid kit
    - survival blanket
    - towing rope
    - jump leads
    - air compressor
    - puncture repair kit
    - accident kit (disposable camera, chalk, measuring tape, torch, accident drawing sketch)
    - spare bulbs & fuses

- Emergency glass hammer
    - Hi Vis jackets

Jaysus, have you any room left in the car with all that in there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

CiniO wrote: »
    I carry in my boot:
    - warning triangle
    - first aid kit
    - survival blanket
    - towing rope
    - jump leads
    - air compressor
    - puncture repair kit
    - spare bulbs & fuses

- Emergency glass hammer
    - Hi Vis jackets

Thats a fair handy idea about the chalk. Must get some myself. Can you get a special chalk for incase of wet road/rain? Or will any old chalk from Easons work?

Advertisement