Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cancel a subscription to xbox gold

Options
  • 21-09-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I sold my xbox almost a year ago and I have just been sent an email saying that they automatically renew my membership!!
    I do not want this so I followed the link in their e-mail but this is not straight forward at all...
    Anyone else have this experience or if not can anyone tell me the best way to cancel this, oh a major problem is I don't know my xbox name or password either :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ok I was able to log in...I'm looking for the Gold cancellation option now :/

I'm getting this message when I try to remove...

"This payment option cannot be removed as it is currently used for the following memberships:

Xbox Live Gold: Gold – 12 Month

To remove it, apply a different payment method to the memberships first then remove."

(I think my Gold is due up 4th December but they are automatically going to bill me 21/10/14

Ok I think I did it...now if someone asked me how I would not have an idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

You have to go onto xbox online chat support and tel them to cancel auto renew

I was able to do it without that...
    Ty anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Easiest to just call Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You cannot remove a payment instrument if its on an active subscription - just cancel the auto renew for now. You can remove the PI once the sub expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

i hate the xbox live subscription.
    i turned off the auto renew last year but at sometime during the year they turned it back on again so it tried to charge the old CC card I had in the account.
    i have a 12 month gift card I wanted to use. but now I can't use the card because I have an outstanding charge on the account that has to be paid first before I can use the 12month subscription card !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

limitedIQ wrote: »
    i hate the xbox live subscription.
    i turned off the auto renew last year but at sometime during the year they turned it back on again so it tried to charge the old CC card I had in the account.
    i have a 12 month gift card I wanted to use. but now I can't use the card because I have an outstanding charge on the account that has to be paid first before I can use the 12month subscription card !

Just get onto support, they should be able to easily fix everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

For anyone else with this problem, you should be able to sort it out here: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions/Manage

• Advertisement
Advertisement