Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football bar

Options
  • 21-09-2014 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a football bar in town that is so passionate about the sport that they will only show football regardless of whatever else is on? I want no interruptions to my enjoyment of the beautiful game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The woolshed is always recommended here, Id say the living room too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The woolshed is always recommended here, Id say the living room too

What is the Living Room like?

What is the Living Room like?
    personally I think its a good spot

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Woolshed does show other sports bear in mind and it can get very packed for big events, such as big United, Liverpool and Ireland games. That said they've some decent beers and I'm a fan of the wings.

Never really frequent the Living room.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

What pub in the city centre is the best for the epl games with good atmosphere and nice food ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The living room on cathal brugha St is a good shout.

What pub in the city centre is the best for the epl games with good atmosphere and nice food ?

Looking for somewhere that will favour the epl games next Saturday over the all Ireland

Does the living room do food

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the living room, they do deep fried stuff

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Similar Threads merged

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You'll also have the Ryder Cup to contend with next weekend. Sinnott's will show everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You'll also have the Ryder Cup to contend with next weekend. Sinnott's will show everything.

Sinnott's hate football fans though, they'll take the money then kick people out pretty much straight after big games.

Living Room is the best sports bar in the city, loads of screens showing every single EPL match, and matches from around Europe, great crowd and good beer promotions.

Woolshed is also a decent sports bar, however the layout is pretty bad, and it can get very, very hot inside.

Both places do your usual sports bar food - burgers, wings, platters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Living Room is a good spot, loads of screens and a big beer garden. Food is muck, but probably grand after a feed of beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just for the lad looking for somewhere which will show the English football over the All Ireland, have a back up to The Living Room. I was in there yesterday, they had the Leicester/Man Utd match on, but once that finished all the TV's out the back switched onto the GAA over the Man City/Chelsea match, think they had the big TV inside showing the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

As a matter of interest does The Living room show racing on any tv?
    I know The Woolshed doesn't!

kfallon wrote: »
    As a matter of interest does The Living room show racing on any tv?
    I know The Woolshed doesn't!
    Yeah ive watched it in there a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sinnott's hate football fans though, they'll take the money then kick people out pretty much straight after big games.

Living Room is the best sports bar in the city, loads of screens showing every single EPL match, and matches from around Europe, great crowd and good beer promotions.

Woolshed is also a decent sports bar, however the layout is pretty bad, and it can get very, very hot inside.

Both places do your usual sports bar food - burgers, wings, platters etc.

:confused:

I've never been kicked out of Sinnott's in my life and I've often spent the whole day there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

fair play to you.

There's nice birds working in the woolshed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's nice birds working in the woolshed

That's not what was asked, keep your sexist comments to yourself from now on or you'll be banned from the forum for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clark2014

I think River Bar is a football bar or atleast it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Another vote for the Living Room. Great spot for footie with the lads.
    Pitchers available too.

Advertisement