Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying at Dublin Business School?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 3:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Studying at Dublin Business School?
    Hi,

Just didn't see a thread on this, curious as to where I might get info.

DBS, what's it's reputation?
    Are its qualifications as recognized as a University by example?

Possibly doing a conversion course in the area of IT in this next year, and am interested in getting a feel for what DBS is like.

Perhaps someone is in the know or can point me in the suitable direction?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well, it's near DIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Has the same repuatation many private colleges has, and an amusing acronym in this case - Daddie's Business School. How deserving the rep is for IT I can't tell you. Look at who acredits the award, find out who the lecturers are and their rep etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Well, it's a springboardcourses initiaitve.
    NFQ Level 8 degree is what I'm seeing on the website.
    Is that an accrediting body?
    Cause it's the same for all the other institutions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

QQI will come into it somewhere - dunno how springboard works. My Law degree is from Nottingham Trent as it was done (is being done) at GCD. Huge amount of bollocks flying about in relation ot private colleges, that alone can be an issue of the person interviewing you buys into it.

What would be the story with doing it at DIT etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Well, actually, there didn't seem to be a forum for DBS - I figured this would be closest...

Yeah, QQI level 8 H-Dip is the course title.

I was just comparing the modules with a similar course being taught at GMIT in Galway.
    They seem reasonably similar, but naturally I'd wonder about the delivery methods when compared with a business school.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Try here instead: http://touch.boards.ie/forum/97

This is DIT only im afraid.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement