Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Training?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering does anyone know where ya can get personal training at a reasonable price. Everywhere seems to be 35/40 a session. Was hoping to find somewhere for round the 15/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Educo gym in oranmore. I think they do a monthly fee so you can go as much as you like for that monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

I went to a very good one, he works in Galway City Gym. If your a student you can get 3 sessions a week for 60euro and if not I think it's like extra tener or fifteenth.

Diet plan etc.. great to work with.

Look him up on Facebook "Gérard Masters on PT"

Say Chris recommend ya and see what he can do..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Educo gym in oranmore. I think they do a monthly fee so you can go as much as you like for that monthly fee.

Ah no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Educo gym's are truly woeful.

OP are you currently a member in any gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 IrishGuy2014

JJayoo wrote: »
    Educo gym's are truly woeful.

OP are you currently a member in any gym?

Ya but they are still 35 a session and 30 a session if u pay for 12 in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There are a lot of helpful people over on the health and fitness forum within boards. If you have any particular questions you will probably get answers over there.

Ya but they are sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I went to a very good one, he works in Galway City Gym. If your a student you can get 3 sessions a week for 60euro and if not I think it's like extra tener or fifteenth.

Diet plan etc.. great to work with.

Look him up on Facebook "Gérard Masters on PT"

Say Chris recommend ya and see what he can do..

Met this guy one of the days I was in there. Only starting out myself. He always has clients in there and obviously knows what he is talking about. If I was looking for a PT, I'd go with him. No better gym either, everyone in Galway city gym are always very helpful when i ask for advice or a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Call Mike Conroy if you can find his number. I think he operates out of Galway City gym or he used to anyhow.

Very knowledgeable and a good PT. I'm sure you could get a good deal. Sound guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

JJayoo wrote: »
    Ya but they are sh1te
    Please stop posting like this. You have given us nothing to go on except some snippets. No elaboration on why you think this is true. How would you feel if you were the owner or connected to the gym and some anon guy on the internet posted like this about your place?
    If you have some grievance with the place, do take it up with them. Don't use threads here to get vengeance and let boards worry about the consequences..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Philip Mullins is excellent. Has trained in a number of gyms and has set up on his own recently. His Bootcamp classes are doing extremely well in all locations and he also does personal training. PM me if you need his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just wondering does anyone know where ya can get personal training at a reasonable price. Everywhere seems to be 35/40 a session. Was hoping to find somewhere for round the 15/20

Do you mind sharing the time with someone else? Most personal trainers will give cheaper rates if you are willing to train in a pair with someone else.

I'd recommend Body Dynamics. Been there for personal training before and am doing classes with them at the moment. I think they are very good

biko wrote: »
    Please stop posting like this. You have given us nothing to go on except some snippets. No elaboration on why you think this is true. How would you feel if you were the owner or connected to the gym and some anon guy on the internet posted like this about your place?
    If you have some grievance with the place, do take it up with them. Don't use threads here to get vengeance and let boards worry about the consequences..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055939204&page=8

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056231882&page=2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055481796&page=2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056827687

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056210200

I Googled Boards.ie and Educo gym and these were the first 5 results on Google. Now I am assuming Biko will contact each of the 100+ users who have posted negatively about Educo in the above threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, I'm not a mod of Health and Fitness.
    In this forum I am and posting bad reviews with no backup is considered bad form.
    So please stick to recommend (in your opinion) good places and leave the bad places to simply not get recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think you'll find there's fully qualified personal trainers working in many gyms that would be more than happy to do some personal work on the side.

I have a friend working in one of the kingfisher gyms who wants to get into one on one training.

If your in a gym try running it past some of the staff.

Advertisement