Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Issue - Am I out of time

Options
  • 21-09-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Folks,

Between 2007 and 2009 my bookkeeper defrauded my company of around 100,000 euro. The Fraud was done via Bank of Ireland Banking online, which at the time required dual authentication to complete some of the tasks on the system. My bookkeeper had changed the details of a direct debit we had setup to his personal account, and was submitting false doc to the revenue in relation to the amount of staff we had etc..

The fraud resulted in us having to repay all the money to the revenue including fines, about 170,000 we also lost the 100,000 he had stolen, adding to this we had to have over 3 years accounts redone costing us another 35K.

My company in turn failed as it could not sustain the revenue repayments, this resulting in me loosing my family home and money.

When I talked to bank of Ireland at the time they, said that it was our fault and we had given the book-keeper to much access and they had trained us on the system which had left them not liable. At the time we disagreed however we could not prove it, I had no funds to take them on in court so it was left.

Now during some tiding of old business stuff I have located the old training CD given to us by BOI which backs up what we said. My question: Is it to late to take the bank to court on this and how would I go about it.

Also my bookkeeper went to prison for this he got around 6 years.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Speak to a solicitor, obviously as soon as possible. If you can not afford one try FLAC for an initial conversation but eventually you'll need to find a solicitor if this is able to go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

OP, you are asking if you have enough time left to bring suit for hundreds of thousands of euro.

An incorrect answer could cost a lot of money, potentially.

As previously advised, please see a solicitor for professional advice.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement