Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing meds to Canada on IEC?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi again,

I am wondering about bringing meds with me. Can I bring 2 years supply along with a letter from my GP explaining what they're for?

I did not require the Medical and my condition is not life threatening and I will not be working in a care type of job
    Just wondering what the best course of action is? Can I bring a big supply with me or can I buy more over there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Hi again,

I am wondering about bringing meds with me. Can I bring 2 years supply along with a letter from my GP explaining what they're for?

I did not require the Medical and my condition is not life threatening and I will not be working in a care type of job
    Just wondering what the best course of action is? Can I bring a big supply with me or can I buy more over there?

I would assume you would get a Canadian gp so you can just get the meds over there? I am on meds every day and I am not going to even try to bring that much of a supply. A month or so so it gives me time to find a new doctor and consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

shalalala wrote: »
    I would assume you would get a Canadian gp so you can just get the meds over there? I am on meds every day and I am not going to even try to bring that much of a supply. A month or so so it gives me time to find a new doctor and consultant.

That sounds a lot better than trying to get a years supply through Customs alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

shalalala wrote: »

Before you go to Canada, start making calls and trying to find a doctor before you assume it will be easy. My wife's GP has a 4 year waiting list, for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Hi lads,

I was in Canada in 2011 on the old USIT scheme for a year. I was on holidays in Canada last week with my girlfriend. We had a great time and myself and my girlfriend were half thinking of maybe heading back over on an IEC. I was hospital recently enough and the doctors think I have MS. I'm worried that if I wanted to head over again I wouldn't get insurance this time with my condition. I would not go over without insurance. Sorry for personal questions but did ye manage to get insurance cover with medical conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Hi lads,

I was in Canada in 2011 on the old USIT scheme for a year. I was on holidays in Canada last week with my girlfriend. We had a great time and myself and my girlfriend were half thinking of maybe heading back over on an IEC. I was hospital recently enough and the doctors think I have MS. I'm worried that if I wanted to head over again I wouldn't get insurance this time with my condition. I would not go over without insurance. Sorry for personal questions but did ye manage to get insurance cover with medical conditions?
    I have crohns. If you have been diagnosed you will have to have a private medical exam to even get the iec. If they approve you after that then you will get in. I haven't looked properly for health insurance yet but I am pretty sure most wont cover existing conditions. I wouldn't let that stop you as I have heard good things about the medical system over there once you get a job

• Advertisement
Advertisement