Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking landlord to replace sofa

Options
  • 21-09-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been living in my current property for around 8 years and I think the sofa is beyond repair, literally the lining is coming away and the springs are now popping up and I would imagine are broken.

Can I ask the landlord to replace this or do I have to pay for it myself? You can sit on it but I think it is getting worse :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You should be able to get a new one from the LL. 8+ years is a reasonable length of time. At worst you could get the LL to remove that sofa and then buy your own but I see no reason for the LL refusing to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

depends on what is in the lease - is it rented as a fully furnished property or was the furniture just left there from previous tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

If it's the landlord's couch and he rented the place as furnished then 8 years is completely reasonable to ask for a replacement. Just don't expect anything top of the line, actually don't expect anything that's not bottom of the barrel really.

If it was me personally I'd want a nice couch, you should maybe consider getting your own couch and asking the landlord to take his own one away to either store it or dispose of it. Can always take your couch with you when you move on.

Advertisement