Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relief Work through a Recruitment Agency

Options
  • 21-09-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello,

I'm currently unemployed and have been intensively looking for work, last week I got a call from a recruitment agency about a catering position in Limerick but after completing the registration process I was told I would be called and sent to different sites for work as it was relief work.

I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience of doing relief work through agency and is it possible to keep a Job seekers Allowance payment while doing it as I'm basically just waiting for them to call me for work and its not going to be a straight Monday to Friday scenario, I could only be offered 2-3 days a week "if" I get this call.

The agency doesn't have a office in limerick and to get paid I need to email, fax or mail the time sheets they've supplied to me signed by the employer at the site I'm sent to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've no experience with recruitment agency's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This is a very common way to work.

Welfare is no hassle, you just explain the situation to them, and they give you a oneoff form for the agency to complete, and weekly dockers for you to declare what days you got work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This is a very common way to work.

Welfare is no hassle, you just explain the situation to them, and they give you a oneoff form for the agency to complete, and weekly dockers for you to declare what days you got work.

Does the employer not have to sign off weekly?

If so then that's a good solution for OP

Stheno wrote: »
    Does the employer not have to sign off weekly?

If so then that's a good solution for OP

When I was doing it in 2010/2011, the employer didn't have to. It was an honesty system - based by occasional audits of employers and comparison of wages / taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

No they changed the dockets and they need to be signed off and ticked that no full time work for that position was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Op the fact they don't have an office would put me of as the welfare office often have random forms to be signed periodically that need to be back within a week to maintain payment.

Our payroll is outsourced and issues have arisen like that .

• Advertisement

Provided they've got an office in Ireland it should be fine - Irish recruiters are well used to Welfare's forms, and often know better than the Welfare staff what needs to be written in order to make the system work for all concerned.

(Remember, the recruiters need a supply of casual labour as much as you need the work.)

Advertisement