Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge

Options
  • 21-09-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me about the ruins of what looks like farm buildings on the road up to the house at Oldbridge? My google-fu has failed me, but we are very curious as to when it was built, who lived there and when it was abandoned. My money is it being farm labourers who worked for whoever owned the house, no idea about dates though.

Also, what happened to the village of Oldbridge? Was it destroyed during the battle and abandoned then, or did that happen later?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

If its near the gate that would be the location of the village , if you compare old maps ..The crossing would have taken place just east of village I think

Just up that way today, great cycle up canal just after Bridge

Advertisement