Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock - Dublin / Transport

Options
  • 21-09-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Folks,

My Girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Kilcock. We both work in Dublin and we are wondering about the commute to and from work. Our working hours are 9-5.

How long does it usually take by car/bus/train? Does traffic affect the commute?

Appreciate any replies as we found it difficult to get information.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,721 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Go to www.a-b.ie (the National Journey Planner) for full information on bus/rail options.

Bus Eireann Route 115/115A - http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1384347447-115.pdf
    Irish Rail - http://www.irishrail.ie/media/07-dublinsligo250920131.pdf?v=gchdnco

• Registered Users Posts: 22 esmo

Thanks for your reply.
    Do you know how long it would take to drive in the mornings and would the bus be affected much by traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

Probably 1 hour at peak times. Train is your best bet, but service to/from Maynooth is far better and cheaper than Kilcock. If you can, drive to Maynooth and commute from there.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I was thinking the Train would be the best. Might try the Maynooth option too but parking might be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Parking depends on what time you'll be commuting at. At the moment there are usually some spaces available in the train station in Maynooth and there's a private car park on Leinster Street which is half empty. But the council are soon brining in pay parking in town which will stop commuters parking free all over the place so those car parks will fill up. If you're leaving early enough you should be ok though.

You'd be mad to drive in. Train from Maynooth to Connolly is about 45 minutes.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much folks for all the replies. Think the Train is the best option and we'll see how the parking goes in Maynooth.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I do it every day on the motorbike .
    I won't do it with a car, much too unpredictable traffic (I did it a few time when I was with the dog and it goes from ~1h20 to ~2h+ to go to the ringsend area).
    My OH drop me in Maynooth when I want/need to take the train and then I often come back using the 115.

~50 minutes from Maynooth to Conolly on the train
    The 115 from Conolly to Kilcock in the evening took probably a bit more than 60 minutes the few time I've used it.
    I never used it in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The express trains take about 35 minutes and are well worth getting as they are normally nicer trains.

Advertisement