Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

RobTheLad wrote: »
    for alloy refurb I'm guessing

Maybe its my eyesight but they just look dirty :o but if it was the latter then it's some difference!

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ah one battle at a time man. At least you know what needs fixing.

Ah, it's just the nature of it all. One problem after another, the whole time.

I feel like I'm due some good, trouble-free mileage out of it at this stage, but I'm gonna have to sell it I think. At least I can sell it with a clear conscience, knowing that anything and everything that has gone wrong on it has been addressed and fixed.

Hopefully whoever buys it (if anyone!) gets a fair bit of hassle-free motoring out of it.

Just hope I can get something decent for it, money wise. I know I won't get what I paid, but I can't let it go for nothing, either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Well seeing as according to some posters in here I own 3 gm's:rolleyes: I'm sure an engine out of them would fit into it ;)

It's something I intend on doing in the future at some stage
    fyp :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Maybe its my eyesight but they just look dirty :o but if it was the latter then it's some difference!

Paint flaking. That's Volvo's Scotia wheels for you.

Ours have been sanded to prevent this happening in the future.

We paid €200 for the set though and that was 6 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

We may do! :D

I'll go to you this time, only fair, you're always at mine!

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »

Sounds like a plan! Sure drop down the weekend or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ignition coil didn't sort my idling problem, or maybe I just didn't install it right :pac:

Will be getting it plugged in again to see if it sorted the misfire, next course of action is vacuum leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

mcmurtry3.jpg

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

And it passed :) sideslip, brake imbalances, park brake effort were all well within the limits. Smoke test limit 3.0 mine 0.03 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ignition coil didn't sort my idling problem, or maybe I just didn't install it right

Injector issue? I have a bit of a rough idle and it's most certainly down to an injector issue. Problem is I can't just replace one, has to be all 6 due to the way they're coded. A new one won't work with an old one and they've brought out 2 revisions since the originals :rolleyes:

Injector issue? I have a bit of a rough idle and it's most certainly down to an injector issue. Problem is I can't just replace one, has to be all 6 due to the way they're coded. A new one won't work with an old one and they've brought out 2 revisions since the originals :rolleyes:

Going to make sure it's installed right either tomorrow or Friday when the weather gets better, it's not the worst issue as it's only if you sit in the car without moving after it not being on for a few hours. Will have it plugged in again and hopefully won't be a huge cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Quick question lads, I left my logbook with the garage but I completely forgot that I needed to book the NCT today and I can't remember the date of first registration.
    Is there any other way other than the logbook that I could find it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Seen this post from a friend come up on my newsfeed on facebook, claiming it was the best 300 euro ever spent, should of spent the 300 on a decent set of tyres instead!!

10888484_1027549317262601_3651358916621537212_n.jpg?oh=fc07a873b4ff1d08ef5b3a29b138d38e&oe=552FD8EF&__gda__=1430388182_d512eb55557f7f7ff5dda1e3418ede9e

Locking wheelnut seems to have gone missing...

bear1 wrote: »
    Quick question lads, I left my logbook with the garage but I completely forgot that I needed to book the NCT today and I can't remember the date of first registration.
    Is there any other way other than the logbook that I could find it out?

Take the date off the current disc and use the year of your car.
    Should work!

Day and month on nct disc, year of registration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Take the date off the current disc and use the year of your car.
    Should work!

Day and month on nct disc, year of registration!

Bollocks, didn't work :/ and now I'm locked out :rolleyes: meh I'll just do it another time then.

bear1 wrote: »
    Bollocks, didn't work :/ and now I'm locked out :rolleyes: meh I'll just do it another time then.

I just can't help you today can I :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I don't even...

80-metro2_2abf6e735ccb77c26ea04799240ed7811ffe922c.jpg

80-metro3_b2afa2d5b27ba9a389770c75e262a79ff9be1f97.jpg

Found it randomly browsing there. I don't have any other info on it. But why is all I can say :D.

Car's running, at last, one thing I've learned today is if you want something done, do it yourself, late/unreliable people annoy the fcuk out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't even...

Found it randomly browsing there. I don't have any other info on it. But why is all I can say :D.

Why would you even do that? Wouldn't want to take a corner at speed.

• Advertisement

I don't even...

Is that a metro?? didn't the front suspension have a tendency to collapse on them? if it is a metro thats fecked when the shocks go :o

Car's running, at last, one thing I've learned today is if you want something done, do it yourself, late/unreliable people annoy the fcuk out of me

So you got the correct belt. If I installed a belt on my car and it came off I would have gone straight to the mechanic thinking the reason it came off was I hadn't a clue what I was doing. Fair play to you in sticking with it and realizing it wasn't your mistake.

So you got the correct belt. If I installed a belt on my car and it came off I would have gone straight to the mechanic thinking the reason it came off was I hadn't a clue what I was doing. Fair play to you in sticking with it and realizing it wasn't your mistake.

Eventually yeah haha, I knew what i was doing i just didn't have time to do it so i had asked this guy to fit it and he never showed up, so i done it myself, the busted pulley i put on the build thread was throwing it off i'd say, it's all good now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Drove past Charlestown, there was some weird, green-ish rotating light pointed up in the air.

Aliens?

My head unit is in Belgium now, hurry up TNT! I wonder what the chances are of it landing here and getting through customs and being delivered to me by Friday :p

My head unit is in Belgium now, hurry up TNT! I wonder what the chances are of it landing here and getting through customs and being delivered to me by Friday :p

Seems like you ordered that a good while ago where is it coming from ?

Bpmull wrote: »
    Seems like you ordered that a good while ago where is it coming from ?

Ordered it at like 2am New Years day :P Only shipped Monday from Hong Kong due to holidays, latest it should be here is Monday which is not bad at all from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

NCT is on a Sat at half 8. Lord, what a sow of a time :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

NCT is on a Sat at half 8. Lord, what a sow of a time :mad:

Half nine for me

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote:
    Half nine for me

One of the few days I get to have a lie in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Booked ST and S60 in for nct within 10 minutes of each other in Castlerea.

Got a text this evening saying i have a day/time for in 2 weeks, they 5 minutes later i get another text and i suddenly realise that i could be in a pickle as test centre is 45 mins away.

Luckily 2nd test is following day :p

GvidoR wrote: »
    Drove past Charlestown, there was some weird, green-ish rotating light pointed up in the air.

Aliens?

I'm telling you the truth is out there. They caught me a few times but won't get me again. I have a tin foil hat in all. I also have alien radar installed in the car. I spot them before they spot me.

Long shot but does anyone here in the general Limerick area have Volvo VIDA DICE? Need to get to the bottom of this chugging issue. Putting it off far too long at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Long shot but does anyone here in the general Limerick area have Volvo VIDA DICE? Need to get to the bottom of this chugging issue. Putting it off far too long at this stage.

Was the throttle body cleaned out properly ?

i had similar where the s80 would idle a little bit rough, out with the throttle body and a lad went at it with a toothbrush and made it brand new shiny and didnt have a problem again.

I do have vida/dice but not in limerick

i had similar where the s80 would idle a little bit rough, out with the throttle body and a lad went at it with a toothbrush and made it brand new shiny and didnt have a problem again.

Well if you want I'll take it of your hands and take a spin down during the week or whenever?

• Advertisement

I'll give that a go too.

Was your acceleration and power affected before you got it cleaned?

I spent 140e on mine and used it once :p

Is your throttle body a magnetti or Bosch Snotty ?

As I was getting my cvrt done today the amount of 141 vans being done was unreal. I can only imagine if nct started that with cars there would be war.

Not only does the front window washer seem to allow water up on both front and rear (there's a seperate switch for the rear), it now sprays the water INSIDE the back window onto the parcel shelf, what :confused:

Dafuuuuq??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Why can't people juat be f*ckin honest for a f*cking change.

I ring up to buy a car. Question number 2 is always does the car drive? It does and drives very well. Grand Can I have a look bla bla bla.

I'm after busting my arse getting from Camlough to Tipp town to look at a car that was supposedly running but needs tightening up.

Arrive and the first thing "oh I thought you had a trailer"

Not a puff from the exhaust, not a higgle from the engine, not a hope of it going even with a 110ah 1200cca lorrey battery attached.

I have wasted several hours of my life and worse still someone elses lookin at yet another f*cking hippo of a car. I'm only headig back now, miles and miles away. I'm also up at 6 am just to make it all the better.

I'm fairly disappointed to say the least, I should have known better.

Last time was in Leitrim, van and trailer to look at a chicken coop I was told was a running car that needed work.

Don't really know why I bother sometimes, I really don't

Dafuuuuq??

I dunno, some major problem with the washer system. I'm guessing the pipe that brings water to the back window is broke, just above the boot door, allowing the water in.

I dunno, some major problem with the washer system. I'm guessing the pipe that brings water to the back window is broke, just above the boot door, allowing the water in.

Maybe! it might be something to do for tomorrow or something

Maybe! it might be something to do for tomorrow or something

Huh will have to wait until the weekend. Curse the dark evenings :mad: It's so annoying, because usually I nearly go through a full "tank" of washer fluid a week, with all the minging spray that builds up on the windscreen. When the windscreen gets so bad, I have to spray it, and of course que the back wiper having a spasm and drench my parcel shelf :pac:

I spent 140e on mine and used it once :p

Is your throttle body a magnetti or Bosch Snotty ?

I think its Bosch. I'm not sure but judging by some other sites the 2002 2.0T S60 uses this ETM. Apparently Volvo changed from Magnetti to Bosch from 2002 onwards. I could be wrong.

Anyway, a very generous fellow Limerick man who shares the first name as me has offered me the use of his scanner next week! YAY! :D

Huh will have to wait until the weekend. Curse the dark evenings :mad: It's so annoying, because usually I nearly go through a full "tank" of washer fluid a week, with all the minging spray that builds up on the windscreen. When the windscreen gets so bad, I have to spray it, and of course que the back wiper having a spasm and drench my parcel shelf :pac:

Dark evenings are a cnut all right :( I'd say maybe get a diagram of the washer system or something?

I think its Bosch. I'm not sure but judging by some other sites the 2002 2.0T S60 uses this ETM. Apparently Volvo changed from Magnetti to Bosch from 2002 onwards. I could be wrong.

Anyway, a very generous fellow Limerick man who shares the first name as me has offered me the use of his scanner next week! YAY! :D

No you are right.

The Bosch unit rarely fails electronically only the odd time mechanically as they made the sensors on the throttle body contactless.

I took mine to sent it to uk to be fitted with contactless sensors but once it was out realised it was a bosch so i just cleaned the hell out of it.

Problem continued.

Dark evenings are a cnut all right  I'd say maybe get a diagram of the washer system or something?

Yar that's what I was thinking. Will have a root around for one!

Yar that's what I was thinking. Will have a root around for one!

Grand! I'm lowering mine next week, much excitement :D

Grand! I'm lowering mine next week, much excitement :D

By how much?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement