Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

No you are right.

The Bosch unit rarely fails electronically only the odd time mechanically as they made the sensors on the throttle body contactless.

I took mine to sent it to uk to be fitted with contactless sensors but once it was out realised it was a bosch so i just cleaned the hell out of it.

Problem continued.

Is it a pig to get out? Looking at some videos here. Some make it look easy, some don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Is it a pig to get out? Looking at some videos here. Some make it look easy, some don't.

It was in getting troubleshot ta feck by my mechanic and he took it out for me so i could sent it out while it was sat up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

By how much?

30mm, genuine saab suspension and all ;) tis not modded at all gard! which it's not really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

30mm, genuine saab suspension and all  tis not modded at all gard! which it's not really!

Oh yes yes yes, is this parts from the donor car?

Oh yes yes yes, is this parts from the donor car?

Tis! and then im putting my parts on it, then once everything is sprayed and wired up, the build is almost done! bar two rather pricey things but generally it'l be complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

30mm, genuine saab suspension and all ;) tis not modded at all gard! which it's not really!

I didn't realise that it was slammed on cut springs or had a massive turbo Mr insurer

It was in getting troubleshot ta feck by my mechanic and he took it out for me so i could sent it out while it was sat up

It looks like a bloody knuckles, crushed fingers job but that never stopped me before. Sure we'll give it a go and see what happens.

I didn't realise that it was slammed on cut springs or had a massive turbo Mr insurer

That's how i got it! I swear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

It looks like a bloody knuckles, crushed fingers job but that never stopped me before. Sure we'll give it a go and see what happens.

Definitely get it out. You can get it out easier by having a mirror resting down the gap so you can see what your doing.

It could be filled with gunk from bad fuel or not enough motorway blasts that those cars like :D

• Advertisement

First time I've ever heard of the Gardaí doing this.

Meath Traffic Unit detained car on Sat Night for a PSV Inspection due to suspicions about modifications to car, a strip down of the rear differential revealed ( see both photos attached) that the owner had deliberately welded the differential for the purpose of performing stunts, this makes the car very dangerous to use on public roads as it will no longer be able to steer properly

Pic 1, Pic 2

Car is a S15 btw. A PSV inspection on a S15? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

First time I've ever heard of the Gardaí doing this.
    Car is a S15 btw. A PSV inspection on a S15? :confused:

The diff is welded, blatantly they caught him drifting or something or seen him taking a sharp corner and the wheels kicking!

Definitely get it out. You can get it out easier by having a mirror resting down the gap so you can see what your doing.

It could be filled with gunk from bad fuel or not enough motorway blasts that those cars like :D

I'll follow this guys video. He uses an aul mirror too.

YbFocus wrote: »
    The diff is welded, blatantly they caught him drifting or something or seen him taking a sharp corner and the wheels kicking!

Twas a her actually! :eek:

Ah ya she must have been caught rotten. Just never heard of the Gardaí doing an inspection like that before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Meath? Feck....

I may stock up on standard diffs!!!!

dgt wrote: »
    Meath? Feck....

I may stock up on standard diffs!!!!

Bring it down here, I've been using mine while its onboard :p
    I will be getting a standard 2.9 though!

• Advertisement

Ah ya she must have been caught rotten. Just never heard of the Gardaí doing an inspection like that before

Sounds like my perfect girl :D

Bring it down here, I've been using mine while its onboard :p
    I will be getting a standard 2.9 though!

And ya think I don't everyday....? ;)

And ya think I don't everyday....? ;)

They are quite fun!

I'm off to bed, grand for ye hures up till all hours! :)

They are quite fun!

I'm off to bed, grand for ye hures up till all hours! :)

Jammy sod!

Good sleep is a luxury I'll have you know, no rest for the wicked :p

Can you clean a throttle body with carb cleaner? Just wondering because theres a can of it in the shed. If not I'll just get a can of the proper stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Can you clean a throttle body with carb cleaner? Just wondering because theres a can of it in the shed. If not I'll just get a can of the proper stuff

I often used it with no bad side affects..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Not only does the front window washer seem to allow water up on both front and rear (there's a seperate switch for the rear), it now sprays the water INSIDE the back window onto the parcel shelf, what :confused:

Had that happen on my old A class. The junction on the pipe inside the car had become loose and was spraying washer fluid & water all over the parcel shelf. It was a bitch to get the trim off but other than that an easy job.

If you're in Dublin and need a lend of trim removal tools gimme a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Her? Giggidy.
    Meath? Feck....
    Yeah my reaction aswell.
    Sure ya do never really see the AGS around meath outside of the towns - she must have been seen doing roundabouts or something and a garda car was passing

Her? Giggidy.

Yeah my reaction aswell.
    Sure ya do never really see the AGS around meath outside of the towns - she must have been seen doing roundabouts or something and a garda car was passing

Saw pics of where it was seized, city north just off the motorway, Gormonston area. Was the blue Camry and all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

loW46yj.webm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Saw pics of where it was seized, city north just off the motorway, Gormonston area. Was the blue Camry and all!!!

She must have been caught in the act, lots of mini roundabouts near the hotel. I had a car (e30 318is) seized by the kind Gardaí driving the blue 2.4 Camry one random night in bray , for vrt avoidance, who kindly left myself and my friends to walk home! I still get the chill's every time I see a fecking Camry lol

Ah grand sure that's all the way over near balbriggan/drogheda route...phew :P

Sounds like my perfect girl :D

My sentiments exactly.... didnt even need a picture :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads, I know someone selling an E46 325i 4 door. 115k miles, Spotless exterior and interior, no tax or NCT for €1600.

Lads, I know someone selling an E46 325i 4 door. 115k miles, Spotless exterior and interior, no tax or NCT for €1600.

Is it you :pac:
    If it is, bit over price with the lack of tax or test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well considering for the same price you could get this:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-bmw-325i-nct-until-08-15/8379047

With an 8 month NCT then he seriously needs to reduce the price or NCT and then sell it for 1600e. Without the NCT let alone any tax I'd hazard at around the 1k mark.
    What year is it anyway? How long is the NCT out? And why doesn't he put it through the NCT?
    Questions which potential buyers will need I'm afraid.

davycc wrote: »
    She must have been caught in the act, lots of mini roundabouts near the hotel. I had a car (e30 318is) seized by the kind Gardaí driving the blue 2.4 Camry one random night in bray , for vrt avoidance, who kindly left myself and my friends to walk home! I still get the chill's every time I see a fecking Camry lol

Customs were there one day dippin vehicles going towards the motorway from Gormonston, that general area seems to be a haunt for that sort of lark for stopping people!

That Camry normally hangs round the old R147, been behind and infront of it on my normal commute all too often... :eek:

Is it you :pac:
    If it is, bit over price with the lack of tax or test

No, hence why I said "I know someone" :D

I think he has it sold already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

No, hence why I said "I know someone" :D

I think he has it sold already!

Does the engine Idle fine, if it does, I'll take it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone know what the deal is with checking the VRT for vehicle brands not listed on the VRT website, I take it you have to give them a call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ppk09V2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Anyone know what the deal is with checking the VRT for vehicle brands not listed on the VRT website, I take it you have to give them a call?

trying to sus this out myself and cannot get any kind of answer anywhere

i was thinking of getting a car next year from the U.S , something not wanted in this country at all so hoping for cheap vrt on a big engine car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

^

reminds me of this:

ad_daihatsu_hijet_van_silver_1996.jpg

Valuation here please

2000 Fiesta Ghia spec, silver

No tax
    NCT until end of May 2015
    110,000 miles
    Rust not overly bad

600 too ambitious?

• Advertisement

Valuation here please

2000 Fiesta Ghia spec, silver

No tax
    NCT until end of May 2015
    110,000 miles
    Rust not overly bad

600 too ambitious?

600 seems decent. personally i'd go in around 800-850. really depends on the definition of "overly bad", would it go through another test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I have heard them say they wont give a cost until you have the car infront of them at an NCTS center:(

I have heard them say they wont give a cost until you have the car infront of them at an NCTS center:(

terrible system that.

then they say a random figure and cant afford it without a bank loan ?

id rather know before buying

600 seems decent. personally i'd go in around 800-850. really depends on the definition of "overly bad", would it go through another test?

Ya it should do, rust wasn't that major of an issue last time around (last October).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

+1

If it's not on the system it's more than likely a model / year that hasn't been imported before so it's literally pot luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That's a joke.

There's lots of Bentleys and Maseratis dropping into €20k-€30k ranges now, would be interesting to see what they'd be looking VRT-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Saw a 141 Quattroporte I think it was today near little Island, nice change from he typical 5/7 series you see around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Guess the car?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1137154&d=1420053855

Oh... Toyota, Lexus, something new from Audi?

No.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1137155&d=1420053855

Collecting my 328i exhaust today, much higher flowing than the 323 and a straight bolt on! One pipe takes 3 cylinders rather than all 6 being forced down one.
    There's also two cats etc, should see the car rev way more freely from what I've read!

After that I'm giving it a service as I have a big trip to Leitrim this weekend!

Guess the car that has the BMW badges on the wheels and the giveaway trim around the windows :pac:

there's something very kia optima about it.

kia-optima-exterior-02.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement