Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Oh on incognito mode are we dgt huh ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Oh on incognito mode are we dgt huh ;) :pac:

I'm not all there and I'm not all here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah a regular scan with malware bytes be grand :).

Me focus is saturated inside. Seemingly there was a pipe leaking at the back window washer for some time, as the boot carpet is wet. The water then travelled forward under the back seats, which have mould in one part and came to settle in the rear 2 footwells. Don't know how I didn't notice it before now! Anyway I tackled the source of the leak and put the pipe back together. A lot of the carpets inside are out drying, and I took a hair dryer to the rear footwells, which will take a good bit more drying!

Can't be worse then the neighbours car which I tackled yesterday. Gave it a good clean outside, and hoover inside. The boot was where the trouble was. He's been recently been storing nuts in there because of a mouse problem in his shed. Ironically when I went to clean it, there was spilt nuts all over the boot, mould growing, and yes, mouse droppings! Quite disgusting. They obviously are getting in and out somewhere, and I pointed out how they could cause major wiring damage. Not only that but in the footwell, the spare wheel was partially submerged in about 6 inches of dirty stale water which I drained out. This is coming in the boot door, due to a botched repair job last year, the door is misaligned and so rain can get in.... I love my Saturdays off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Going up the motorway this morning a car was coming up behind me and the headlights looked properly purple in the side mirrors and centre mirror I figured it was some car the was retrofitted with these coloured bulbs. It passed me 151 mondeo. They were led dipped lights but I've never seen a car where they looked that colour when behind you. It's probably the first and last one ill see I'm fairly sure the paddy spec one won't have dipped led lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Strange, someone is sitting in their car in the middle of the road with their lights off, they have been this way for 10 minutes so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go out, walk across the road, note the reg number, that CCTV isn't worth a shoite if you want to catch them after doing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Nothing better than to come home from a hard day of work and find you shocks have arrived from Germany :D

[IMG][/img]LwOaRqA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Go out, walk across the road, note the reg number, that CCTV isn't worth a shoite if you want to catch them after doing something

I am not worried, They found somewhere to park after a car came the other way, I think someone had taken their usual parking spot and they are waiting for them to come out or some thing. I just thought it strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

10945586_10152972376452226_643448334079414714_n.jpg?oh=1789f7fb1eba58d4101d18649b6ee9d8&oe=5556193D
    10157189_10152972376327226_58034921754478443_n.jpg?oh=ec15e933f6f490b16b3ab057196c3278&oe=5520D957
    My want for a Model S is growing by the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I saw a 142 D reg'd one in Ranelagh last week; maybe the same one although I thought it was black. Whoever owns that one needs to wash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

In a friends garage (JOMO) Looking for a boost leak on my a3, the snap on smoke machine is a serious peice of kit I have to say.

16378931262_481b45d1bb_z.jpgSmoke machine by shaun.raleigh@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

on the topic of electric cars.

there is a leaf in dun laoghire and it does be parked on the hill in the town center plugged in to charge over night.

i see it happen all the time, he plugs it in, goes home and less than ten minuets later tossers pull it out and leg it.

bloke wakes up to an uncharged leaf

same happens in the city too which is why id fear having an electric car.

imagine the car not charged and needing to be somewhere in emergency ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I thought once they were plugged in the charger was locked in position?

What an absolute bellend the person doing that is.

• Advertisement

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I thought once they were plugged in the charger was locked in position?

Thought that too.

Isn't using a public charger overnight a bit scabby though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nothing better than to come home from a hard day of work and find you shocks have arrived from Germany :D

Ah Koni Yellows! Have them in the rear of mine, going to try and save my pennies for the fronts this year! :D

Brake upgrade first however!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ah Koni Yellows! Have them in the rear of mine, going to try and save my pennies for the fronts this year! :D

Brake upgrade first however!

Upgrading to brembos on mine is too expensive, well over 1k sterling for the kit. So I've new disks, green stuff pads and hel braided lines fitted which shall do for the moment....

Next on the agenda is new tyres, my 17 inch teledials arrive at the end of the week, then fit the rest of the polybushes and out side of a respray, I won't have much left to do except for drive her :D

1622099_359572587514533_1268628774_n.jpg?oh=10ab25e5842d3ee28f6c863c2ac80c53&oe=552D9C6F&__gda__=1432613190_05788fa8c3da6ae330f7067d8c6e4299

Me focus is saturated inside. Seemingly there was a pipe leaking at the back window washer for some time, as the boot carpet is wet. The water then travelled forward under the back seats, which have mould in one part and came to settle in the rear 2 footwells. Don't know how I didn't notice it before now! Anyway I tackled the source of the leak and put the pipe back together. A lot of the carpets inside are out drying, and I took a hair dryer to the rear footwells, which will take a good bit more drying!

Weird you write that.

Friend's Focus has the passenger side front and rear footwells soaking wet, too.

Apparently his was somehow related to the cowl. He got it fixed by a mechanic, and took a hairdryer to it, too, but he reckons it's still damper than he'd like and he's not sure if the problem is returning or not.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping the problem is solved at that now kkv.

This is probably my earliest morning post ever, or latest night post seeing as I'm only going to bed now. Up in less than an hour for work :cool: Lost the run of things majorly tonight :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

To get Spoiler Carbon effect wrapped or not when going in for window tinting, hmmz

Porters_Blue_ST_03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hal1 wrote: »
    1622099_359572587514533_1268628774_n.jpg?oh=10ab25e5842d3ee28f6c863c2ac80c53&oe=552D9C6F&__gda__=1432613190_05788fa8c3da6ae330f7067d8c6e4299

Ahem....

18narxp8pbf0ojpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Another trip to one of my favourite places: the motor tax office!

He lied through his face :p

But entertaining to hear the idiots trying to scab the last few days off the month only to realise they can't

"But heyor its only a few days like can't ya tax it from the start of the next month hai"

Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

If only they knew the ways around that hai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Upgrading to brembos on mine is too expensive, well over 1k sterling for the kit. So I've new disks, green stuff pads and hel braided lines fitted which shall do for the moment....

Next on the agenda is new tyres, my 17 inch teledials arrive at the end of the week, then fit the rest of the polybushes and out side of a respray, I won't have much left to do except for drive her :D

That's actually as far as my brake upgrade will be going. New OEM discs, EBC greenstuff pads, and later braided lines. Should have done that when I got the brake fluid replaced! Oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Lads what do you think this problem could be?
    Car seems to be a bit floaty when driving at a higher speed and the steering sometimes tugs but ever ever so slightly.
    I had this same problem with the Alfa once but I can't for the life of me figure out what it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

bear1 wrote: »
    Car seems to be a bit floaty when driving at a higher speed and the steering sometimes tugs but ever ever so slightly.
    I had this same problem with the Alfa once but I can't for the life of me figure out what it was.

You're actually in a plane.....a micro lite like a Jabiru possibly! 😀

Dia1988 wrote: »
    You're actually in a plane.....a micro lite like a Jabiru possibly! ��

There isn't enough water on this planet to make that dry ass joke less drier :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Paid for road tax.

I cri evri tim.

zF3EwNz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

GvidoR wrote: »
    Paid for road tax.

I cri evri tim.

Preaching to the choir here :pac:

nTrFJjg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Are both the tyres on the front the same and the 2 on the back the same? Are they all the correct pressure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The temptation to live slightly across the border just to have a nicer car with feck all tax and no vrt.

I wonder.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The temptation to live slightly across the border just to have a nicer car with feck all tax and no vrt.

I wonder.....

Moving house for the cheaaaaap tax :pac: lol

Moving house for the cheaaaaap tax :pac: lol

The freedom when you currently dont own property and able to move about without cost.

wouldnt do it myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Worn lower wishbone front bush. Makes the tires follow valleys in the road i find. Generally worn front end bushes and track rods make steering bad!

I was looking on facebook and there was these picture with title saying that vw/audi/skoda dealership in Liverpool had ever single wheel stole of every car. The pictures are unreal rows of brand new vw, seat and audis literally sitting on the ground as in the Some hardship it's really hard to believe. The chassis rail under the sills sitting on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

That's actually as far as my brake upgrade will be going. New OEM discs, EBC greenstuff pads, and later braided lines. Should have done that when I got the brake fluid replaced! Oh well!

I picked up a set of Wilwood 4 pots today for the race car, those along with all the braided hoses and the tilton pedal box I have should help it stop....
    Bpmull wrote: »
    I was looking on facebook and there was these picture with title saying that vw/audi/skoda dealership in Liverpool had ever single wheel stole of every car. The pictures are unreal rows of brand new vw, seat and audis literally sitting on the ground as in the Some hardship it's really hard to believe. The chassis rail under the sills sitting on the ground.

Be surprised how often that happens, over here too.

• Advertisement

This is from the german dealer that had its wheels nicked before Christmas

YTJYn9.jpg

dgt wrote: »
    Another trip to one of my favourite places: the motor tax office!

He lied through his face :p

But entertaining to hear the idiots trying to scab the last few days off the month only to realise they can't

"But heyor its only a few days like can't ya tax it from the start of the next month hai"

Twat

Our local tax office is very bad to deal with makes everything difficult. My dad went in to tax his golf van a few weeks ago the one behind the counter turns around and says "your company name is not very relevant to what your business does" my dad was like oh you give business advice now too. I wouldn't mind but our surname is even in the company name and even at that you can call your company literally anything you want as long as the name is not already in use.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Are both the tyres on the front the same and the 2 on the back the same? Are they all the correct pressure?

The front twos are different and the rears are both Continentals. Pressure seems fine.
    I'll double check again.
    Interslice wrote: »
    Worn lower wishbone front bush. Makes the tires follow valleys in the road i find. Generally worn front end bushes and track rods make steering bad!

I more towards your thinking as well.

How often would you expect to have to change your wipers I got vw ones when I first got the car and after just over 9 months they still seem to be fairly good. I would of though they would need changing annually. Also did anyone use the wipes you can get to clean the wiper blades are they any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

How often would you expect to have to change your wipers I got vw ones when I first got the car and after just over 9 months they still seem to be fairly good. I would of though they would need changing annually. Also did anyone use the wipes you can get to clean the wiper blades are they any good ?

Wipers last me a really long time. I've only bought one set for one of my own cars. `That was for the Levin, the ones on it were fine but I put longer ones on it to clear more of the top of the windscreen because I'm quite tall.

I think if you keep the wipers and the windscreen very clean they last much longer. Clay your windows a few times a year :)

I had a pleasant evening this evening. Spent it driving around in a V8 convertible CLK (as a passenger admittedly, but still fun). Heated seats on, roof down, blasting Lyric FM :D:cool::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Got a link? Curious as to what will pop up on eBay in the coming weeks...for a...ahem...friend obviously...

• Advertisement

Got a link? Curious as to what will pop up on eBay in the coming weeks...for a...ahem...friend obviously...

When I looked at it again it's actually the garage in Germany as the cars are lhd same as the one colm posted yet the facebook page says Liverpool they made a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's funny as there's been a load of Cupra alloys popped up on eBay in the last few weeks. There was nothing previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This is from the german dealer that had its wheels nicked before Christmas

YTJYn9.jpg

That's terrible. They may have damaged the discs as well.

Just seen a 142 focus late Reg too so Id say no more than 3 months old and from the very start of the drivers door to the end of the passenger door was pulled out of it a very bad crease along the doors a few inches deep and a good foot in width along the bottom of the doors sill looked damaged too. But I was just thinking wouldn't you be sick if that happened in such a new car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

OSI wrote: »
    Just in case you needed reassuring on how ridiculously accurate and precise those robots that build your car are:

SXMkck6.gif

I work with robots, I can reassure you they are exactly as precise as the monkey that taught them ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement