Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I think we are due one alright but when people constantly pull out, it ends up being 2 or 3 people left and that's just sh!te.

This forum used have a great buzz about it and that was normally down to loads of people going to the meets and putting faces to names etc. The last couple that have been organised at Midway at least, have been utter washouts.

I haven't been able to make the last few, but now I am free to go to any of them :)

Actually would you have passed by the Merlin auctions place in Naas Saturday at about 8:30?
    We were heading drifting and a car the exact same as yours passed by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Pick a day and I'll be there, just about 2/3 weeks in advance so I can book it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Well, we had a lot of fun that time. I dont know about other meets as I just pretty much could not afford it. :o

Worth giving it a shot again though.

It is indeed worth a shot! Let's get something going so. I'll say it to a mod and we'll get a thread going.

I think Sunday is a bad day because there's all the "out last night, too drunk to go. Enjoy the day lads" people with no willpower or discipline at all :pac:

How about Saturday February 21st?
    YbFocus wrote: »
    I haven't been able to make the last few, but now I am free to go to any of them :)

Actually would you have passed by the Merlin auctions place in Naas Saturday at about 8:30?
    We were heading drifting and a car the exact same as yours passed by!

Wasn't me man! The last time I was in Naas was in 2008 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

21st sounds good to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

21st suits me too :)

So looks like I bought a matiz :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dafuq?

That's a bannable offence.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dafuq?

:pac:

Headgaskets fecked on it, so im gona fix it and sell it on, for 50 quid i couldnt say no like!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dafuq?

Did you miss his posts yesterday? The head is gone on it and all

How much earlier than the NCT due date, can you book your car in for it? Whats the earliest-earliest you can do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

90 days. Well that's when you can inquire about it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How much earlier than the NCT due date, can you book your car in for it? Whats the earliest-earliest you can do it?
    OSI wrote: »
    As early as you want. But if it's over 90 days early you'll only get a year from the test date. Is my understanding of the new rules.

Yes, what OSI says is the case

So if i was to buy a car that hadnt an NCT due til august (as is the case with one im looking at) I can still NCT it tomorrow, but the NCT will expire in february 2016?

(my thinking is that i want to get something cheap and cheerful, and at least if i get an all-clear from a mechanic on it, and get it NCTed for a year ASAP, even if it starts to fall apart around me, i can still drive the bollocks out of it for 12 months legally, anyway?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is indeed worth a shot! Let's get something going so. I'll say it to a mod and we'll get a thread going.

I think Sunday is a bad day because there's all the "out last night, too drunk to go. Enjoy the day lads" people with no willpower or discipline at all :pac:

How about Saturday February 21st?

Wasn't me man! The last time I was in Naas was in 2008 :)

Well, Saturdays are not perfect for me as they are my main work days, but I guess ill try to book it off.

Also is my car advert reasonable ?

Surely that's not your actual phone number..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Also is my car advert reasonable ?

Them pics are perfection, spotless, new fitted mats and the windscreen display looks perfect. I have a weird obsession with the display of discs. I have an ocd meltdown if I see a holder stuck on to inches of its life and about 30 discs jammed into each slot. Can't beat simplicity with a freshly applied holder with just one disc in each! /ramblings :P

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I have a bad water ingress issue in the boot of the focus. Must be there a while as there was a tiny hole drilled in the spare tyre footwell to let it out. The water comes in and due to the shape of the boot, it runs forward, under the rear seats and settles in the rear footwells. That's where I noticed the issue, sopping wet rear footwells. The rear seats were gone a tad mouldy at the bottom when I went to investigate!
    From doing some research both online and in the boot, it appears the water is coming in through the air flaps at the very extreme right and left corners, as there is a puddle immediately inside of them. If no one else knows what I'm on about Hal1 will defo! It appears the rear bumper needs to removed to get these air flaps out and to replace them.

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I have a bad water ingress issue in the boot of the focus. Must be there a while as there was a tiny hole drilled in the spare tyre footwell to let it out. The water comes in and due to the shape of the boot, it runs forward, under the rear seats and settles in the rear footwells. That's where I noticed the issue, sopping wet rear footwells. The rear seats were gone a tad mouldy at the bottom when I went to investigate!
    From doing some research both online and in the boot, it appears the water is coming in through the air flaps at the very extreme right and left corners, as there is a puddle immediately inside of them. If no one else knows what I'm on about Hal1 will defo! It appears the rear bumper needs to removed to get these air flaps out and to replace them.

Soooooo.....how ya gonna fix it?

Soooooo.....how ya gonna fix it?

Find a pair of them air flaps is the first objective anyway. The car is on the road literally every day, so I won't get a chance to take the bumper off until the 2 weeks off at Easter. Until then I've all the boot carpets taken out and the rear footwells are almost dry, so I'll keep on top of the water seeping in and keep it mopped up!

• Advertisement

Find a pair of them air flaps is the first objective anyway. The car is on the road literally every day, so I won't get a chance to take the bumper off until the 2 weeks off at Easter. Until then I've all the boot carpets taken out and the rear footwells are almost dry, so I'll keep on top of the water seeping in and keep it mopped up!

Fair enough! :D

I got a new grille for my yoke....it's got mesh on it! :D

Fair enough! :D

I got a new grille for my yoke....it's got mesh on it! :D

Which yoke?

You have so many it's impossible to keep track of them all. I think you should personalise them all with names. The oul Matiz seems like a Beatrice to me! :pac:

Which yoke?

You have so many it's impossible to keep track of them all. I think you should personalise them all with names. The oul Matiz seems like a Beatrice to me! :pac:

That things a lost cause :pac: if i manage to sell it well happy days, something for everyone and all that

I got it for the 9-5 :P

That things a lost cause :pac: if i manage to sell it well happy days, something for everyone and all that

I got it for the 9-5 :P

Navy one I take it? What's greeny at? Gonna be sold on?

Quick question lads.. Im looking at this as a cheap and cheerful runaround..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-c-max-04/8443229?offset=5

I did a quick motorcheck and cartell on it (didn't pay for them, just entered the reg to see the trim level). Both are suggesting it's a Zetec, but the pictures show no front fogs (which apparently the Zetec has as standard). Anyone a bit more clued into Fords able to offer an insight as to why this would be?

Navy one I take it? What's greeny at? Gonna be sold on?

Greeny...my beloved greeny is getting the engine taken out sometime in the next two weeks, gona see about selling the interior, I'm gona take a few bits off it and keep them for the navy one, then its off to the big carpark in the sky :(

• Advertisement

Quick question lads.. Im looking at this as a cheap and cheerful runaround..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-c-max-04/8443229?offset=5

I did a quick motorcheck and cartell on it (didn't pay for them, just entered the reg to see the trim level). Both are suggesting it's a Zetec, but the pictures show no front fogs (which apparently the Zetec has as standard). Anyone a bit more clued into Fords able to offer an insight as to why this would be?

I think C-Maxssssss broke the spec rules with Ford. I've seen some with hubs, some with alloys, and some with/without fogs, all of which claim to be a Zetec spec.That one has aftermarket wheel trims anyway and tbh looks rough, rear panel under the brake light is fairly dented and there is scrapes in front of the drivers front wheel. Inside looks tidy though. Do you need a c-max, would a normal focus not do?

Is the drivers door shoved in a tad too, or is it just the light?

I think C-Maxssssss broke the spec rules with Ford. I've seen some with hubs, some with alloys, and some with/without fogs, all of which claim to be a Zetec spec.That one has aftermarket wheel trims anyway and tbh looks rough, rear panel under the brake light is fairly dented and there is scrapes in front of the drivers front wheel. Inside looks tidy though. Do you need a c-max, would a normal focus not do?

Is the drivers door shoved in a tad too, or is it just the light?

Never noticed the dent before actually. I didnt know if the zetec had alloys or not, so didnt pass any remarks to the wheels.

I dont really need a C-Max but I'd like one. As a general rule of thumb, I want something thats very cheap to buy, tax, and run. I don't care if it's a heap of sh*te because I'm not planning to fix anything on it anyway. A regular service is all im allowing for.

Then I want to drive it until it dies a horrible, painful death. The 407 broke my heart so I'm not buying anything that costs anything and I'm not buying anything with unnecessary extras that will just break on me.

Front electric windows and A/C are my real requirements.

Was looking at small cars (Punto etc.) but then realised if I got a C-Max, Zafira, etc. i could use it to spin around the country in and go camping and such (or sleep in the back of it for the craic if i cant get a BnB somewhere.

I'm liking the idea of some poorly planned trips to see more of Ireland and I'd like a car with lots of space as a result (removable rear seats being a bonus).

I can't seem to get an opinion on the Zafira, and my older 00 Focus seems bullet proof, so the C-Max ended up in my sights... I'd actually like a Ford Galaxy, but they're all over 2 litre, and im not paying that kinda tax for my next car. 1.6 is the highest im willing to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Them pics are perfection, spotless, new fitted mats and the windscreen display looks perfect. I have a weird obsession with the display of discs. I have an ocd meltdown if I see a holder stuck on to inches of its life and about 30 discs jammed into each slot. Can't beat simplicity with a freshly applied holder with just one disc in each! /ramblings :P

thats how i always keep it. Is the rest reasonable like description of car and price etc ?
    Surely that's not your actual phone number..?

not at all. that's 3 customer care or something. I'd rather answer questions on the advert in the comments section rather than getting silly calls and texts.

not at all. that's 3 customer care or something. I'd rather answer questions on the advert in the comments section rather than getting silly calls and texts.

Yeah i think it's the 3 customer care alright.

To be honest, when looking at a car, I'd much rather buy off someone i can talk to on the phone.

I dunno whether or not it'd hamper the sale of the car, but it's definitely my first port of call (to ring the seller).

Jeez KKV your wounds are still fairly sore after that pug so!
    thats how i always keep it. Is the rest reasonable like description of car and price etc ?

Ya the ad looks perfect, everything as it should. On the phone now, so can't see your sig, but wasn't it 4k? That's reasonable enough seeing as it's a high spec daysul :cool: See what bites and if nothing does then drop it a tad. Shouldn't be long hanging around though. Have you an ad on DoneDeal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Jeez KKV your wounds are still fairly sore after that pug so!

Ya the ad looks perfect, everything as it should. On the phone now, so can't see your sig, but wasn't it 4k? That's reasonable enough seeing as it's a high spec daysul :cool: See what bites and if nothing does then drop it a tad. Shouldn't be long hanging around though. Have you an ad on DoneDeal?

3,999 ;)

not on donedeal, hoping to get away with adverts. tbh theres not much haggling room in that at all.

Whats that on the steering wheel, by the way? (looks like a magnet or something..?)

Whats that on the steering wheel, by the way? (looks like a magnet or something..?)

no idea.. been on it since i bought it... i think it was for a phone holder of some kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I can't seem to get an opinion on the Zafira, and my older 00 Focus seems bullet proof, so the C-Max ended up in my sights... I'd actually like a Ford Galaxy, but they're all over 2 litre, and im not paying that kinda tax for my next car. 1.6 is the highest im willing to go.

The zafira is an ok car. But buying it as a cheap run around I don't think will work. If your looking at petrols they mainly come in a 1.6 which is very thirsty and slow. I know someone with a 05 old model and he is always giving out about stuff going wrong on it and he has his from about 2 years old reasonably well minded. My parents had a 00 one and it was fine but that was in early 2000's when it was nearly new so kind of a different ball game buying one new. So considering you don't need 7 seats and are trying to get a cheap run around I wouldn't touch one just my opinion though.

Although I personally wouldn't touch a focus or cmax with a barge poll to the point that if they were handing them out for free I still wouldn't go near them. The focus in general seems to be constant little things going wrong all the time regardless of what engine is in it although the petrol ones are better. The parts too are beyond rediculous in price. I'd personally buy a corolla or astra if I was looking for a cheap run around before a focus but thats just my view on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no idea.. been on it since i bought it... i think it was for a phone holder of some kind

That's a feckin missile if the airbag goes off :eek:

2 Goodyear Eagle F1's including delivery from Camskill is cheaper than 1 excluding fitting in my local tyre shop.

Will be having some of that!

I'm getting some wheel spin lately on dry roads even though the rears are only 5 months old! I've gotten almost 2 years out of the fronts and a year out of the original set of rears. More than likely down to the JB4 map I have on it putting out too much power but it's normally just power and acceleration rather than wheel spin.

Also there's a part-worn tyre centre across from my house so I won't have to go far to get them fitted thank feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm getting some wheel spin lately on dry roads even though the rears are only 5 months old! I've gotten almost 2 years out of the fronts and a year out of the original set of rears. More than likely down to the JB4 map I have on it putting out too much power but it's normally just power and acceleration rather than wheel spin.

Also there's a part-worn tyre centre across from my house so I won't have to go far to get them fitted thank feck.

The cold is probably affecting them too, have noticed mine have been a little easier to spin recently, and I have a tonne of thread.

The cold is probably affecting them too, have noticed mine have been a little easier to spin recently, and I have a tonne of thread.

Good point! It's only started happening recently too so would make sense.

Any word on the meet thread?

Anyone have new vehicle sales for 2015 to date. I've seen so many 151's in the past few weeks, they must have far exceeded 141's at the same point last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Are batteries included?

Are batteries included?

Yeah but the remote control isn't :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

any good web sites to buy car mats for a grand picasso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Yeah but the remote control isn't :mad:

The matiz is officially the worst car I have ever driven! Ur mental TP:P

any good web sites to buy car mats for a grand picasso
    Hlafords or micks garage would do you grand! :)
    pred racer wrote: »
    The matiz is officially the worst car I have ever driven! Ur mental TP:P

I've never actually driven one...nor will i :pac:

for 50 quid how could i not like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

There is a good chance I would pay someone 50 quid to take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Especially if it was his one.
    I'd definitely pay someone 50 quid to take it away.

And me too, but the way i look at it is, its an excuse to learn how to do a headgasket, and all the other bits, so if it goes arseways i can still scrap it and still make something off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Hlafords or micks garage would do you grand! :)

i love givin my dosh to halfords:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement