Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

i love givin my dosh to halfords:D

Well if you like there's always tesco! :P

any good web sites to buy car mats for a grand picasso

Can i ask what year of Picasso you have? And how you find it in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Speaking of Mats I currently have mk6 vw mats in my mk5 but I made them fit :) Although they don't fit perfectly they are not too bad one on the clips doesn't clip in but they don't move at all and fit well otherwise. Still a hell of alot better than the old mats they were falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Micksgarage have them on promo at the moment AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Can i ask what year of Picasso you have? And how you find it in general?

2011, I like it, no problems so far, does exactly what it says on the tin

• Advertisement

If you want the tailored option

http://www.carmatsireland.com/section/citroen_c4_picasso.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Saw a peugeot 206 last night driving in front of me with no rear lights or brake lights. Not such a surprise there.
    However person driving had obviously spotted this and decided rather than waste money fixing it, turning on rear fog light was sufficient.

One bright light in the bottom middle of the rear.
    Be grand! Glad to see nct is working well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Foxhole I'm down your way to collect a set of serious wheels :)
    They are 2 piece splits and should make the car stand out. . . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

YbFocus wrote: »
    Foxhole I'm down your way to collect a set of serious wheels :)
    They are 2 piece splits and should make the car stand out. . . ;)

I'm around after 4 if you're down here then!

I'm around after 4 if you're down here then!

Yeah Yeah i may well be, if the wages don't run out before i get there!
    Car is dirty though don't expect much!
    Trying to work out when I'll meet this chap.

• Advertisement

Yeah Yeah i may well be, if the wages don't run out before i get there!
    Car is dirty though don't expect much!
    Trying to work out when I'll meet this chap.

Mine isn't much better, especially after all the snow/grit :pac:

Mine isn't much better, especially after all the snow/grit :pac:

Cool well I'll let you know!

Cool well I'll let you know!

No bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Maxol Fuel offer up to 15c a litre off at participating stores. Only 2 in Dublin. Luckily for me Mullingar is running it!

http://www.maxol.ie/offers/offers/offer-listing/841-fuel-for-less-save-up-to-15-cent-per-litre

Booked the nct for my rc car :pac: 16th of march :D

Booked the nct for my rc car :pac: 16th of march :D

You should legitimately make an RC car that'd be class!

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Maxol Fuel offer up to 15c a litre off at participating stores. Only 2 in Dublin. Luckily for me Mullingar is running it!

http://www.maxol.ie/offers/offers/offer-listing/841-fuel-for-less-save-up-to-15-cent-per-litre

It's expired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Dirtboxes around here are doing my fcukin head in today, c4, sportage, pajero, 407 - all balls of sh1te in their own knuckle grazing ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Whoops, I have being getting them the past few fill ups, never thought of an expiry date sorry everyone!

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Dirtboxes around here are doing my fcukin head in today, c4, sportage, pajero, 407 - all balls of sh1te in their own knuckle grazing ways.

If yer stuck for a hand lemme know i can drop out later on :)

• Advertisement

You should legitimately make an RC car that'd be class!

I should but then i would get money for it :o which is the end goal here

If yer stuck for a hand lemme know i can drop out later on :)

Ah should be alright, think ive to wait till friday for a caliper for the paj, the rest can go sh1te :pac: thanks for the offer though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ah should be alright, think ive to wait till friday for a caliper for the paj, the rest can go sh1te :pac: thanks for the offer though :)

What side? What year? Single or twin pot?

I may be able to sort something

dgt wrote: »
    What side? What year? Single or twin pot?

I may be able to sort something

Rear driver side, 92 swb, single pot non-abs, japanese import 2.5..

MB858465 is the p/n I think

I'd be much appreciative if you could sir :)

Sorry Foxhole,

Afterwards i just wanted to head home!
    Traffic was bad too and would have made meeting tough!

I might throw up a pic later!

I should but then i would get money for it :o which is the end goal here

I can't wait to see your donedeal ad for it as typical donedeal ads for old basic cars go like this, "high spec car with all the mod cons including an odometer, headlights, seatbelts, horn, brakes, gearstick and fuel cap" :D :pac:

Sorry Foxhole,

Afterwards i just wanted to head home!
    Traffic was bad too and would have made meeting tough!

I might throw up a pic later!

Today was very bad, was going through town at half 7 and it was jammers, very odd.

Did the piston seize in your brake caliper was it. I was getting rear pads done a few weeks ago and the mechanic turns around and says hopefully these Pistons arent siezed as the mk5 golf has a fierce habit of having siezed Pistons and a new calliper is around 200 quid from vw or they can be refurbished which would take a few days. I was delighted when the turned back nice and easy would of been hardship to send them to be refurbished as I was 150km from home up visiting relations and it was my uncle (mechanic) that did it as he offered it was grand as he has a lift. Otherwise I would off attempted them myself it's actually a very handy job once nothing is siezed.

Today was very bad, was going through town at half 7 and it was jammers, very odd.

I was like what the hell!

Still i had a couple of tunnel runs, 2 in mine which i loved!
    And Two in a e92 335i!

Them cars are serious!

It's easy to see you'll know what wheels I've got now!

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    I can't wait to see your donedeal ad for it as typical donedeal ads for old basic cars go like this, "high spec car with all the mod cons including an odometer, headlights, seatbelts, horn, brakes, gearstick and fuel cap" :D :pac:

will trade for a bag of chips or your nicest looking sister :pac: Ah no ill just tell it as it is

rc car for sale, recent repair, good starter car, batteries included :pac:

OSI wrote: »
    That's usually the rears when the last ball bag that did them didn't bother with the wind back tool.

Yep that's what my uncle used a wind back tool. I was thinking how would you even do it without the tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

It's amazing what you spend your money on when you no longer have a girlfriend....car parts, petrol, car parts, petrol, car parts, petrol, it's feckin great :D
    1200 quid spent on the gtv in the last three weeks, none of which was needed. :)

Bpmull wrote: »
    Yep that's what my uncle used a wind back tool. I was thinking how would you even do it without the tool.

A stool, half a day and the shaft of a screwdriver was my old way of doing it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

A stool, half a day and the shaft of a screwdriver was my old way of doing it :pac:

I use a vice grips. Nothing says "I'm a hack" like a vice grips does :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads, is it possible to remove a brake caliper and carrier as one unit without having to remove the piston guide pins and detach the caliper from the carrier?

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I use a vice grips. Nothing says "I'm a hack" like a vice grips does :pac:

Ooh look at fancy dan with his vice grips :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Lads, is it possible to remove a brake caliper and carrier as one unit without having to remove the piston guide pins and detach the caliper from the carrier?

Depends on the setup :) Some you can some you can't

Yes

I'm replacing my discs on Friday and installing new handbrake shoes/springs etc. so I'd like to save some time :)

I'm replacing my discs on Friday and installing new handbrake shoes/springs etc. so I'd like to save some time :)

Sure you don't have fixed calipers at the rear with that setup? Any rear disc setup with that setup (separate shoes/pad) is usually fixed caliper, ie no carrier and caliper

• Advertisement

I was like what the hell!

Still i had a couple of tunnel runs, 2 in mine which i loved!
    And Two in a e92 335i!

Them cars are serious!

It's easy to see you'll know what wheels I've got now!

Yep! I take it the reg on the 335 was D-335?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

It's amazing what you spend your money on when you no longer have a girlfriend....car parts, petrol, car parts, petrol, car parts, petrol, it's feckin great :D
    1200 quid spent on the gtv in the last three weeks, none of which was needed. :)

Same here I am living like a Nigerian price being able to tax my car in advance,
    Buying spare/upgrades for my mr2 and going on long road trips and even being able to afford a full tank of petrol rather than the 10liters at a time in the past :-)

davycc wrote: »
    Same here I am living like a Nigerian price being able to tax my car in advance,
    Buying spare/upgrades for my mr2 and going on long road trips and even being able to afford a full tank of petrol rather than the 10liters at a time in the past :-)

It's feckin brilliant. And cars don't nag you back :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The sex isn't great though! 😜

Have ye guys seen this?

https://twitter.com/gardatraffic/status/562727561680420865

8EFF67404F464A1096F045170B76A0DA-0000333410-0003724076-00610L-37DD77C8A6974432ABD9C3F671F9F10E.jpg

People on Twitter complaining, others saying its great.

Personally, while I can see where people are coming from that often a bulb can go without you even noticing it, it looks like both his side/parking lights (whatever you want to call them) bulb and dipped are gone. Surely he must have noticed at some point?

EDIT: woops, didnt realise a link to twitter alone would bring up a preview picture, etc. :eek:

Dia1988 wrote: »
    The sex isn't great though! 😜

I've an Alfa that handles like it's on rails, a nice twisty road, no traffic and There's no where else I want to be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lads/ladies (rare as you are)

have a slightly irritating problem on the alfa and here goes my logic:

Engine management control failure alert is the error.

Comes after the alernator was replaced.

Google search shows it's the battery needing replacement

Makes sense to me as alternator failed, battery didn't get a charge for a few weeks and now is acting up in slow (5mpg traffic) then fine after a long run

make sense to you?

There is no excuse for having both light blown on one side of a vehicle as it's not as if they both blew at the same time. When I was on my way up to cork on Monday morning still dark a car with only one parking light working came up on the lane beside me it was a black car I went to change lanes and noticed it just in time. Imagine one parking light on that's it no dips the area was mildly lit but still ultimately dark. Yet if I hit them it would probably still of been my fault not sure though but sure you could only barly see the car and when it was beside you you couldn't see it at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You obviously don't drive the hormonal bitch I do who has a hissy fit after fifty minutes and less than a mile progress in Dundrum of a morning

Where did I get that car from :pac:

As you told me from the outset, she hates city traffic with a vengenance

Them cars are serious!

Was it stock?
    dgt wrote: »
    Sure you don't have fixed calipers at the rear with that setup? Any rear disc setup with that setup (separate shoes/pad) is usually fixed caliper, ie no carrier and caliper

Can't remember from when I did the pads but I think the rear has a carrier.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement