Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

So my car is in getting the grand total of 4 exhaust studs drilled out of the block tonight, the surgery starts tomorrow!

Also, I've been testing the new polybushes, the car stays perfectly upright around bends none of this swaying around craic like before, I can take certain corners around where i live around 75mph+ with ease now, along with everyhting else we threw in, its a totally different car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bpmull wrote: »
    I have seen very few of the new mondeo and then in the space of 15 minutes driving around kilkenny I seen 5 all at different times different cars 3 d reg 2 kk. The first one was waiting to get diesel in literally one of the worst places in kilkenny you could buy fuel its an unbranded shack. I wouldnt put their fuel in my lawnmower never mind a shiny new car that was a few weeks old. Some people will buy anywhere to save two cent though.

There's a few new model mondeos in Kilkenny, what part of the city is that station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Autosport wrote: »
    There's a few new model mondeos in Kilkenny, what part of the city is that station?

Out by aut even hospital across from the truck centre. I've heard bad things about it in the past. Personally id be sticking with main brands. I think that place was closed down at one stage I thought they ot done petrol but looks like they do diesel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Out by aut even hospital across from the truck centre. I've heard bad things about it in the past. Personally id be sticking with main brands. I think that place was closed down at one stage I thought they ot done petrol but looks like they do diesel too.

Ah I'm never out that way but thanks for the heads up. There's another one that I've been told about and I thought maybe it was the same place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I can take certain corners around where i live around 75mph+

Wuss :pac:

Autosport wrote: »
    Ah I'm never out that way but thanks for the heads up. There's another one that I've been told about and I thought maybe it was the same place

I've gotten to the stage where I just buy in esso or topaz mainly topaz. That doesn't mean that all the rest are bad I just find them two the best and handiest.

pred racer wrote: »
    Wuss :pac:

So what about yourself then? :P whats your best?

Also it's amazing when you get use to a problem that you don't realise how bad it's gotten. I pulled the fuse on my noisy headlamp motor and you can actually hear the difference standing outside when the car was idling with the bonnet closed its noticeably quiter especially with the bonnet up. It had gotten to the point that when you turned on the ignition you could hear it clearly within the cabin. It only took me 6 months to sort it in gone very lazy when it comes to car stuff :o

So between this and my new tyres it's gotten so quite even tipping down the motorway. As a golf should be. Still can't compete with my dads mk7 where you can genuinely hear a pin drop its the quietest car I've ever been in and it's a diesel on top of that. Although mine is ancient compared to his so you have to expect some differences :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

I've gotten to the stage where I just buy in esso or topaz mainly topaz. That doesn't mean that all the rest are bad I just find them two the best and handiest.

Same as myself. A relative of mine use to go to the same place the whole time whenever he was filling his two vans with diesel.
    One van went and the other went soon after. Cant remember what the mechanic said what happened, but it had to do with the diesel the place were selling.
    I dont want to say much, but its on the border of Tipp and Kilkenny you could say - just beware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Also it's amazing when you get use to a problem that you don't realise how bad it's gotten. I pulled the fuse on my noisy headlamp motor and you can actually hear the difference standing outside when the car was idling with the bonnet closed its noticeably quiter especially with the bonnet up. It had gotten to the point that when you turned on the ignition you could hear it clearly within the cabin. It only took me 6 months to sort it in gone very lazy when it comes to car stuff :o

So between this and my new tyres it's gotten so quite even tipping down the motorway. As a golf should be. Still can't compete with my dads mk7 where you can genuinely hear a pin drop its the quietest car I've ever been in and it's a diesel on top of that. Although mine is ancient compared to his so you have to expect some differences :)

In the nicest way possible, if you don't win Fanboi of the year/decade then there's something wrong with life. :)

I commend your fascination with the VW Golf.

So what about yourself then? :P whats your best?

Let's just say that there is another passat driver that now knows he can't stay with a 159 through the bends. :D
    But, there was an A5 driver who can :(
    I was impressed with my older sister, she didn't grab the Jesus handle until I took a bend at 180 (km):P

Poly bushes + goodyears Ftw!

Edit: this was just today.

Let's just say that there is another passat driver that now knows he can't stay with a 159 through the bends. :D
    I was impressed with my older sister, she didn't grab the Jesus handle until I took a bend at 180 (km):P

110mph :eek:

Well i commend you sir! the ante is now upped! :P

110mph :eek:

Well i commend you sir! the ante is now upped! :P

Just in case u think I'm talking through my hole, drop down some day;)

Just in case u think I'm talking through my hole, drop down some day;)

I know you well enough now to know you aren't ;)

I know you well enough now to know you aren't ;)

Drop down anyway!

• Advertisement

Drop down anyway!

Might as well! :D

166man wrote: »
    In the nicest way possible, if you don't win Fanboi of the year/decade then there's something wrong with life. :)

I commend your fascination with the VW Golf.

Sure I was only saying how I fixed the headlight I don't even like golfs sure :D

Being serious though I wouldn't consider myself a fanboi of them at all there is plenty of other non vw cars that I like. You should hear my dad he is very bad since he got his a lot worse than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You may try that speed at my proving corner here someday... Road is very deceptive by tightening and canting to one side, one for the brave ;)

dgt wrote: »
    You may try that speed at my proving corner here someday... Road is very deceptive by tightening and canting to one side, one for the brave ;)

I'll give it a go:D

My proving corner is a 60-80mph cambered corner

And a series of bends, entry 60mph exit 90+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'll give it a go:D

My proving corner is a 60-80mph cambered corner

And a series of bends, entry 60mph exit 90+

That road in my linky is a great local driving road, many's a car of mine pushed on that road! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

On 3 wheels ladd :pac:. Oh i just checked that link tis a nice stretch and a run off if you fcuk it up :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Anyone have a rough idea of the cost to tint the back 3 windows in a car? Just vague now, I know it depends on size/darkness etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone have a rough idea of the cost to tint the back 3 windows in a car? Just vague now, I know it depends on size/darkness etc.

€150 or thereabouts

http://www.pro-parts.ie/product/window-tinting-half-car/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

As it turns out, my Golf has Harlekin front seats. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone around the swords area or know any mechanics over that way I could pay to give a car a quick check before I buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Anyone around the swords area or know any mechanics over that way I could pay to give a car a quick check before I buy it?

What car are you looking at ? (please say a Deloran !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What car are you looking at ? (please say a Deloran !)

I wish. A diesel passat all my usual go to people can't do it.

What Passat are you looking at? (Please say a B3!) :)

Jesus I was only thinking the same thing. Thinking of getting the back 3 on the Volvo done

• Advertisement

Jesus I was only thinking the same thing. Thinking of getting the back 3 on the Volvo done

130/140 in cork iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »
    As it turns out, my Golf has Harlekin front seats. :eek:

I was thinking it had the same colours as the gearknob pic you posted and also that picture of the back light and surrounding area. I also have no idea what Harlekin is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

YbFocus wrote: »
    Sound is harsh from the heater vents watch the speakers!

Putting that rear wheel drive to good use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I also have no idea what Harlekin is.
    The reason plastidip was invented. Less embarassing than the Bon Jovi edition I guess!

I was thinking it had the same colours as the gearknob pic you posted and also that picture of the back light and surrounding area. I also have no idea what Harlekin is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk3#Harlequin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Augeo wrote: »
    130/140 in cork iirc

Whereabouts can you get it done down here? Looking at getting mine done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I wish. A diesel passat all my usual go to people can't do it.

Can you share the link to it?

Give a better idea then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Anyone see the lovely 640d driving around Kilkenny city today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Whereabouts can you get it done down here? Looking at getting mine done.
    I got the Accord done by Api tint and graphics in cork cost 140 iirc. Get the focus done some stage too I think. There is also Solarguard in Wilton but they were more expensive and dont work weekends which didnt suit me.

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Anyone see the lovely 640d driving around Kilkenny city today?

No I'm stuck inside studying for exams :( you'd see the od one going around the city specially the older models.

The reason plastidip was invented.

Who in their right mind would paint/wrap/plastidip a Harlekin Golf (or Polo)? :eek:

No I'm stuck inside studying for exams :( you'd see the od one going around the city specially the older models.

Sickened for ya! I'm at work but saw it once in the morning and once at lunch. Looked like a '12 or '13, black and on English plates. Was a nice one to be stuck behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Car is black and the back is never really occupied so I figured I'd get the 3 tinted out. New radio on the way too, well once the seller decides to send it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Who in their right mind would paint/wrap/plastidip a Harlekin Golf (or Polo)? :eek:
    At least you could use it in public afterwards. The alternative (gallon of petrol and a firelighter) wouldn't leave you with much. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Yeah I love them! Shame there are only a handful of original golf and polo harlequins in this country.

I was following a Irish made vento harlequin and it turned out brilliantly

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Yeah I love them! Shame there are only a handful of original golf and polo harlequins in this country.

This one? Looks great.

http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/showthread.php?5049515-Harlequin-Goventa-project-thread-97-vento-with-VR6-conversion

davycc wrote: »

I've never seen a Golf or Polo Harlequin in the flesh, let alone a Vento. Haven't even seen a replica!

You've have got to be kidding me :( noooooooooo!!!!!!!

2664464D-1843-4D3A-9DB6-44EB20D644D9_zps3zvmur1j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Sounds like the name of one of those tuning garages in Japan!

Emissions garage!

That's not nice at all, but not necessarily something major, Bpmull.

Yesterday I noticed that the rear doors do not open from inside on my Golf. I was a little scared because I didn't see any child lock buttons or anything. Today I found this tab which had to be pushed up and now they open just fine. :)

16733451922_fc60e9f575_c.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement