Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value brushed chrome electrical sockets

Options
  • 21-09-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, first / second fix electric about to start in the coming weeks and although I like the brushed chrome electrical sockets, they are expensive. Anyone know or recommend any good value suppliers ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is the house plastered ready for sockets and switches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Is the house plastered ready for sockets and switches?

Yea, next 2 wks or so I'll have to have everything sorted.

What depth steel boxes were used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

What depth steel boxes were used?
    No idea but I think we're off topic

No idea but I think we're off topic

We are not it is an important deciding factor as most flatline sockets are unsuitable for 25mm deep steel boxes. I was just making you aware of this as i have seen in the past where the customer has bought the second fix gear them selves and are unsuitable.
    If extra deep boxes are not used where cooker switches, shower switches and where lighting dimmers are going this also presents problems so you now have to run with what you have and buy second fixing gear suitable to your installation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi, first / second fix electric about to start in the coming weeks and although I like the brushed chrome electrical sockets, they are expensive. Anyone know or recommend any good value suppliers ?

My advice would be to use MK brushed chrome for everything. There are cheaper makes available but quality and appearance may disappoint.
    Try the usual suspects for best prices including:
    Eurosales
    Kellighers
    NEW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can I suggest keeping away from woodies & B&Q for this type of thing. They look ok in the shop but once installed can look cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Can I suggest keeping away from woodies & B&Q for this type of thing. They look ok in the shop but once installed can look cheap.

Not exactly fair as B&Q sell MK, it will be dearer obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Helpmefarm

Click brushed chrome ingot range are good quality and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Davy wrote: »
    Not exactly fair as B&Q sell MK, it will be dearer obviously

I am sorry I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I was really talking about buying the cheaper ones. Back in the early 90s I put brass rope edge sockets in the sitting room that I bought at a trade counter. A few years ago I had to replace 1 double socket. Out of laziness I picked one up in B&Q. When I got it home & put it on the wall beside the other sockets I realized how shiny & cheap it looked.
    I didnt know they did MK as well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I am sorry I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I was really talking about buying the cheaper ones. Back in the early 90s I put brass rope edge sockets in the sitting room that I bought at a trade counter. A few years ago I had to replace 1 double socket. Out of laziness I picked one up in B&Q. When I got it home & put it on the wall beside the other sockets I realized how shiny & cheap it looked.
    I didnt know they did MK as well. :)

No need to be sorry :P

Im not sure about woodies but b&q display a large range of MK stuff so its good for people who want to see the difference between brushed/polished and be able to go at weekend or evenings

Advertisement