Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate charge on statement

Options
  • 21-09-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm currently on holidays and found a hotel (well, not a hotel- Airbnb) has charged me twice for a visa debit transaction. I have messaged them and they say there is no duplicate charge, despite a screen shot of my online account history. I sent a message to BoI through banking 365 but have not received an answer as to how I claim a refund. I found a debit dispute form online but maybe you can help me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Brods wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm currently on holidays and found a hotel (well, not a hotel- Airbnb) has charged me twice for a visa debit transaction.  I have messaged them and they say there is no duplicate charge, despite a screen shot of my online account history. I sent a message to BoI through banking 365 but have not received an answer as to how I claim a refund. I found a debit dispute form online but maybe you can help me.

Thanks.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Brods, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for your post.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]This sounds like, ‘Shadow Posting’.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]This can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale(POS – Transaction with your Visa Debit card in-store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it, it can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]This may have been the reason your Visa Debit Transaction shows on your account twice.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

Hi janette, thanks for responding.

The money still has not been credited to my account. I made the transaction on the 15th, it appeared on my statement on the 17th and that is now 6 working days ago. I have a loan repayment due tomorrow so this is slightly frustrating!

On a side note, I sent a message to the advisors through the Banking 365 website on the 19th and didn't get any response which is very disappointing. I dont think that service should be available if it is not monitored.

Thanks,
    Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Conor,

Thanks for your reply. 

As it appears this is not shadow posting on your account, it would be necessary to contact Airbnb again and request that they refund this second transaction. This process would be faster than a Visa debit transaction dispute form. 

If you provide them with your Visa Debit card number and explain that this transaction is appearing twice on your account, they should be able to locate your duplicate transaction. Please also advise them of the initial date of the transaction on your account. 

Sorry to hear you have not yet had a reply to your message from our 365 Online team. Due to a large volume of queries, our messaging team are working through these as fast as possible. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

Hi Sarah,

I have already contacted Airbnb in the first instance and they have no record of the second charge - is the next step a debit dispute?

Thanks,
    Conor
    Hi Conor,

Thanks for your reply. 

As it appears this is not shadow posting on your account, it would be necessary to contact Airbnb again and request that they refund this second transaction. This process would be faster than a Visa debit transaction dispute form. 

If you provide them with your Visa Debit card number and explain that this transaction is appearing twice on your account, they should be able to locate your duplicate transaction. Please also advise them of the initial date of the transaction on your account. 

Sorry to hear you have not yet had a reply to your message from our 365 Online team. Due to a large volume of queries, our messaging team are working through these as fast as possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Brods wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,

I have already contacted Airbnb in the first instance and they have no record of the second charge - is the next step a debit dispute?

Thanks,
    Conor
    Hi Conor,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Conor,

Yes, if they are unable to offer you a refund, in this case you will need to raise a Visa Debit Transaction dispute. If you need this form, it can be found here. Please post this to the address at the bottom of the form.  

I hope this is resolved for you soon and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement