Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rates: mix engineer

Options
  • 21-09-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    quick question - doing a mix for a friend - what is considered a going rate in a mix room these days. I have nice gear but I'm doing this one for 'mate's rates' so what would a project or local studio charge per hour for a 16 track mixdown of already recorded tracks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

depends on the result you'll get for them.

chris lord-alge probably gets 10,000 for a single release mix :eek:

...the rest of us hover between 300/500 per mix i would guess but then there's guys on the net that'll do it for 50.

you gotta ask yourself are your mixes worth 50 euro or a few hundred euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Well, they're worth a few c-notes yes, experience + gear :) - I'm giving this guy a break as he's a friend and the mix was quite straightforward, and it was ITB. If I had to walk across the room and plug things in, well.............

for a small 16 track session that doesnt involve editing/tuning etc i'd say 150 and do it in a day or 2 for a mate.

My thoughts exactly - thanks DamagedTrax! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

chris lord-alge probably gets 10,000 for a single release mix :eek:

Thats a lo of cake.....

index_zps0fe24057.jpg

• Advertisement

Yes, but think of the malpractice insurance overheads!

peter05 wrote: »
    Thats a lo of cake.....

index_zps0fe24057.jpg

i havent a clue if thats actually the amount. could be more, could be less. i remember reading about it before and there were a few zeros after the number.

Advertisement