Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach px4 or Sony Gold wireless headset

Options
  • 21-09-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying one of the above.

Px4 is 130 euro in Argos and the Sony headset is around 97 but not in stock.

Anyone tried the two? Or have experience with either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I have the PX4 . The fact that you still have to plug the mic into the pad when chatting is a bummer...but its barely noticable when playing. Occasionally the hs beeps for no apparent reason.

Other than that ...its a great comfortable headset. The battery life is fantastic and the sound is very good ( for a wireless hs) . all the reviews put it as a supperior hs to the Sony one. I was going for the Sony hs but got my one on sale in GS for €135 ( I actually paid €44 after wheeling and dealing trade in games from the great tesco game giva away during the summer)

The TB is well worth the €130 and ads to the gaming experience.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=PX4&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Loving the PX4 too.
    I still get a connection error on screen but it works fine. Just make sure you play with the surround sound settings to get the most out of it.

As above battery life is quite good, very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks folk's, I will pop in to argos and pick one up. The reviews seem to be good and the price seems like good value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Definitely a good price, I paid 20 over that but still glad I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PX4s, they have dual Bluetooth so you can be connected for chat on ps3 via Bluetooth and your phone at the same time. Plus you can use the PX4s on an Xbox if you so wish.

BTW that "random" bleep after 5 minutes is the Bluetooth turning off if you haven't synched it to anything.

Got mine in Game Newry for €110 the week before they closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks Sniper, sounds pretty feature packed and being able to use it on the xbox 360 is an added bonus. :) should cover all console needs for the moment :)

Advertisement