Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency changeover

Options
  • 21-09-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Going to London Saturday and will be changing my money on the Friday before. Where would be the best place to change it

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

The post office do sterling commission free

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Can I go there the day before I fly out and without pre ordering?

You should be able to yes, depending on how much you are looking for - smaller POs may not have much in stock when you walk in

I live in East Limerick and I'd be looking for roughly £450 so should I go to the main post office in Limerick city for that?

Ah no, I'd say your local Po should be able to cover you for that, save you having to go to the city

• Advertisement

I will go early just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I will go early just in case

Commission free, yes. Best rate: no. They make up for no commission by having a less competitive rate.

For the amount you're looking at there won't be any major difference between methods.

So I could go to the bank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

just get it out at an ATM with your bank card when you're there. Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

simplybam wrote: »
    just get it out at an ATM with your bank card when you're there. Simples

Theres usually an extra fee for doing that outside eurozone, I know BOI charge minimum 3 euro max 11 euro per withdrawl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

dobsdave wrote: »
    Theres usually an extra fee for doing that outside eurozone, I know BOI charge minimum 3 euro max 11 euro per withdrawl.

But you get a better exchange rate, so if you just get that 450 out with one transaction, it'll most likely work out cheaper.

Advertisement