Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend - Tights

• 21-09-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Evening! :)

Can anyone suggest a nice brand/shade of tights in a natural tan? I've got a party coming up and am going to wear a dress to the knee. I'm blessed with good ole Irish skin.... :( White, pasty, few blemishes etc and I really don't like fake tan. My legs wouldn't be the skinniest either so nothing too shiny. I remember the last time I wore tights and the sheen off them would light up Croke Park and only emphasized my legs 'roundness'! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I always go for M&S tights . They have a shape wear range that pull you in at the tummy down to the upper thigh, something which always gives me a boost! They definitely have matte ones in the collection, and if shape wear doesn't appeal they also have matte nude/natural tan tights without that extra support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

My favs are Marie Claire, available in most convenience. The sheen is more ''satiny/matte'' and they do have that nice nylonie feel to them. A place that I cannot recommend highly enough is the online store-- ''Dressmylegs''. Have bought several products from her. Absolutely divine, great choice and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

My favs are Marie Claire, available in most convenience. The sheen is more ''satiny/matte'' and they do have that nice nylonie feel to them. A place that I cannot recommend highly enough is the online store-- ''Dressmylegs''. Have bought several products from her. Absolutely divine, great choice and reasonably priced.
    +1 for dressmylegs

I got tights from them next day after ordering. Last time I got Veneziana and they are very nice but quite dark so it might be worth picking the lightest shades. Gatta were good to. Both brands are very cheap (I saw Gatta being sold in Athlone for over 8 Euro and they are between four and five there). Oroblu are very good brand, a bit softer and a bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Sorry, hadn't a chance to reply earlier but well... thanks so much ladies! :)
    Going to check out M&S and that website too x Cheers again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

I use the following from Dunnes, ANDREA BUCCI they are actually manfucatured for Dunnes by Marie Claire. they are a fiver and I find them mighty. Silk appearance, 10 denier natural., they take a way the blue look and you don't have to be dealing with fake tans etc.. enjoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement